Soldiers end experienced monk's "away-day" at Roi-Et short time hotel

rooster59

18 minutes ago, inactiveposter said:

Bluesofa, the monk would have “de-frocked” to be with the woman (presuming they enjoyed themselves) and then was de-frocked after the drug test.

Ah right, my post below. Sorry, I must have completely misunderstood it. I sometimes miss the not-so-obvious meanings.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:
1 hour ago, Darcula said:
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

he was taken for immediate defrocking

That's twice in a matter of minutes.

What do you mean - come again? Probably not the second time. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well that ends his life of luxury living, but he will be ok probably got a few million stashed away.

Are they just a laugh Col. All they are good at is conning the Thai people. Oh well life is wonderful

Just curious but what statue in Thai law says that a Thai Monk can't 'Boom Boom'?  What statue grants Thai authorities to arrest and defrock and monk? 

From a moral perspective, I get it.

From a legal perspective, I don't. 

And I'll keep beating on this forever: Wouldn't these 'authorities' time be better spent attempting to stop the utter carnage on Thai roads? 

How many man-hours were assigned to this Buddhist Monk Vice Hit?  And my wife says the authorities don't have the resources to stop the road deaths.  Really?

Edited by connda

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Just curious but what statue in Thai law says that a Thai Monk can't 'Boom Boom'? 

From a moral perspective, I get it.  From a legal perspective, I don't. 

And I'll keep beating on this forever: Wouldn't these 'authorities' time be better spent attempting to stop the utter carnage on Thai roads? 

I'm sure you'll find it's Thai Sangha: The rules of Buddhism for monks, not the law that has been transgressed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, connda said:

Just curious but what statue in Thai law says that a Thai Monk can't 'Boom Boom'?  What statue grants Thai authorities to arrest and defrock and monk? 

From a moral perspective, I get it.

From a legal perspective, I don't. 

How many man-hours were assigned to this Buddhist Monk Vice Hit?  And my wife says the authorities don't have the resources to stop the road deaths.  Really?

I think with these Monks it's a Moral thing The monks are somebody the Thais look up to for guidance. Well if this guy is any sort of guidance on how to act Hooray, I never took much interest in what Monks do might start paying more attention As for the road Carnage?  The resources are there but the willpower of the cops is not That means they have to get off their <deleted> and do some work and looking at the general Thai workforce I cant see that happening They are more interested in things like corruption, Tea money  Fleecing tourists with heavy fines Easy money When you can't even enforce a law where people must wear helmets when you ride motorbikes then god help us all there is no hope