Pattaya vet: Stray dogs good for neighborhoods

Rimmer

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Your fears, not mine. 

There are dog maulings and accidents in your 'First World' countries.

Why don't you go to live in a 'First World' country if you think it is so great there?

You daughter was not brought off her bike by a stray.. That is just nonsense. Perhaps you need to teach her some responsibility for her actions.

Once again, there will always be rogues in any population. that doesn't mean that you should eliminate the whole population.

Perhaps there is more to the story of your friend being bitten.  It's rare that a dog attacks without being agitated.

I had a dog just run out and bite me for no reason at all. Luckily I had jeans on and it realized it was going to get a beating if it dont get out quick, but there are crazy dogs around that attack unprovoked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

Word blindness? Try reading again.

I just read it again, and you just said scars, testicle absence. I guess you really meant that female dogs (bitches) will have scars to show that they have been strilised, and the males (dogs) will not be the best....no dogs bo..ocks. Do you really examine the animals before you feed them, and what are you, pray tell me, Knee Deep in, dog sh..t?

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

..who I bet doesn't have packs of stray mutts barking and howling outside his front door at 3AM!

I don't know about that. Thais seem to be oblivious to dog sh** , barking, bites. I guess anything is better than complaining . That's why there is the problem. 

Edited by morrobay
Add
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, Vacuum said:

But how, pray tell us, how this is possible.

Keeps them in a job, and as the job is never ending its hard for the taxpayers to know if they are doing their job.  We have six dogs, 4 with great natures and two not so nice. Three of the 4 nice ones are all strays and of the two "others" one from a temple and one from family who also supplied the 4th "nice" one.     But feral dog packs can be scary. I am good with dogs, nearly any dogs but I fave been in places here where the dogs look so sick an mangey or too territorial and scary. You would be glad you don't have to walk there every day.  Yes some of them need dealing with in certain concentrations and pack attitudes.  Of course, many people are not comfortable with dogs at all and dogs sense that and exploit it. 

Dogs are smart.   If you want to rob our place and you are clean, tidy and well dressed, you might just get away with it.  If you are dirty, smelly or badly dressed, Thai or Farang, don't even bother. 

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I just read it again, and you just said scars, testicle absence. I guess you really meant that female dogs (bitches) will have scars to show that they have been strilised, and the males (dogs) will not be the best....no dogs bo..ocks. Do you really examine the animals before you feed them, and what are you, pray tell me, Knee Deep in, dog sh..t?

See? If you take your time, it all becomes clear. 

You get to know the animals over time.

There are caring people out there, both locals and foreigners who take a great deal of care over some of the animals. Some go as far as washing and tending to any skin disease. I don't know who organised the sterilisation. Just noticed the scars when I arrived one year. 

I also feed untreated dogs. Better to have them seeing humans in a positive light, than to be afraid and perhaps more dangerous.

I agree that the city need to get a grip on things to stop populations exploding.

It doesn't help when people abandon their dogs.

But overall, I don't see them in a negative light. If there is a problem, call City Hall. But don't hate them for simply existing. Show them some love. :)

It's a song title. 

On 8/26/2018 at 5:01 PM, KneeDeep said:

Any intelligent person would know that removing a male cat/dogs ability to reproduce usually has a profound effect on their temperament.

Since you have named yourself 'happy chappie' perhaps you should know something about it.

I went out tonight armed with pork.now I'm on the full course of injections..it's ok though I love dogs.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:05 AM, geriatrickid said:

No different than walking by beer bars  teeming with trannies and hookers. A walk of  masculine confidence  discourages their interest. 

Shut up you tart.how are you masculine.your probably the best flavour with your au de toilet.i have a beautiful relationship with with my partner.homophobic <deleted>...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Perhaps you need to teach her some responsibility for her actions.

What wild nonsense you fabricate!  How dare you say my daughter needs to learn some responsibility because a stray dog runs under her wheels!  Sometimes do-gooding dog-lovers need to see the wood for the trees.  Someone walks along the sidewalk and is bitten and you dismiss it as a rare occurrence!  

My son lives and works in Bangkok; does that satisfy your questioning of my presence in Thailand?  

Your dismissal of this serious hazard to health says more about your rose-coloured blind acceptance of Thailand's faults than my objections to disease-carrying, accident-causing, oxygen thieves running loose. 

What next?  Thai roads do not need any curbs?

18 hours ago, morrobay said:

Look Bud your really going overboard on the victim role !  All you have to do is carry a walking stick like the bamboo one I have and the dogs will avoid you. If you dont have walking stick at all times then have a shoulder bag with a 1/2 m length of wood as in my right hand. When you see a dog ahead take wood out and point it at dog.

IMG_20180827_102731.jpg

So rather than recommend a cull of stray disease-carrying animals, your solution is for every inhabitant of Thailand  to walk round carrying a stick or a shoulder bag?  Does this also apply when you are on a motorbike and one dashes under your wheels?

35 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What wild nonsense you fabricate!  How dare you say my daughter needs to learn some responsibility because a stray dog runs under her wheels!  Sometimes do-gooding dog-lovers need to see the wood for the trees.  Someone walks along the sidewalk and is bitten and you dismiss it as a rare occurrence!  

My son lives and works in Bangkok; does that satisfy your questioning of my presence in Thailand?  

Your dismissal of this serious hazard to health says more about your rose-coloured blind acceptance of Thailand's faults than my objections to disease-carrying, accident-causing, oxygen thieves running loose. 

What next?  Thai roads do not need any curbs?

It's a kerb and a pavement. ?

Dog ran under her wheels huh? Must have been a very flat dog. Your daughter is really unlucky. It's certainly a rare occurrence....if it happened that way at all. Wild nonsense indeed.

Your 'friend' innocently walking along the pavement also terribly unlucky. Maybe he looked like a smelly tramp.

Should we get rid of all the deer, kangaroo and varied other animals that can dart across a road?  Should I get the Aussies and the Brits right on it?

47 minutes ago, mikebell said:

So rather than recommend a cull of stray disease-carrying animals, your solution is for every inhabitant of Thailand  to walk round carrying a stick or a shoulder bag?  Does this also apply when you are on a motorbike and one dashes under your wheels?

So do you recommend getting rid of any animal, however healthy, that can possibly dash across a road??

Seriously, you appear to have been badly affected by whatever happened. To the point of irrationality.

12 hours ago, phycokiller said:

I had a dog just run out and bite me for no reason at all. Luckily I had jeans on and it realized it was going to get a beating if it dont get out quick, but there are crazy dogs around that attack unprovoked

I agree. There are crazy dogs. But that doesn't mean that they should cull them all. They should deal with the crazy dogs that attack unprovoked.

Edited by KneeDeep

7 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

See? If you take your time, it all becomes clear. 

You get to know the animals over time.

There are caring people out there, both locals and foreigners who take a great deal of care over some of the animals. Some go as far as washing and tending to any skin disease. I don't know who organised the sterilisation. Just noticed the scars when I arrived one year. 

I also feed untreated dogs. Better to have them seeing humans in a positive light, than to be afraid and perhaps more dangerous.

I agree that the city need to get a grip on things to stop populations exploding.

It doesn't help when people abandon their dogs.

But overall, I don't see them in a negative light. If there is a problem, call City Hall. But don't hate them for simply existing. Show them some love. ?

It's a song title. 

I can think of a few more songs, HOUND DOG, THE BITCH IS BACK, HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGIE IN THE WINDOW, ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO, Come on TV, let's have some doggie songs!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, nausea said:

I would agree, they give more than they take, no Terminator's gonna sneak up on my house. More seriously, a national campaign of sterilising and vaccinating all stray dogs is well overdue, but then I'm an animal lover, so I would say that wouldn't I. No doubt the funds could also be used for the poor, or for kids, or whatever. But, as in the UK, there's an untapped flow of funding that can be used for animal welfare, and would be wasted otherwise. Not everybody's into kids, or the poor, or whatever; but a lot of people are into animals. Whatever the reason, be it a disenchantment with human relationships or a Buddhist recognition of sentience at different levels, they can take this and do something useful with it.

Nope, in the UK this service is totally funded by local authorities. Have virtually eradicated stray dogs over the last 20 years. Making big inroads into people irresponsibly keeping dangerous dogs.

Just takes the will of government to eradicate the problem.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

So do you recommend getting rid of any animal, however healthy, that can possibly dash across a road??

Seriously, you appear to have been badly affected by whatever happened. To the point of irrationality.

In the UK, dogs off the leash are rounded up by the dog warden then kept for a set period of time, if the owner doesn't collect them and pay a return fee, within the time limit, they are euthanised. Works well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Civilised countries don't allow packs of wild dogs to block the roads and cause a dangerous nuisance to the citizens walking, cycling and jogging 

Thailand will eventually catch up in some decades

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

Civilised countries don't allow packs of wild dogs to block the roads and cause a dangerous nuisance to the citizens walking, cycling and jogging 

Thailand will eventually catch up in some decades

A good percentage of tourists to Thailand complain about soi dogs (far more than those that complain about girlie bars). If Thailand is genuine about promoting tourism, they need to get rid of the soi dogs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

They don't roam around. They have their specific patches. Hundreds of people run in the park every day. The dogs never chase nor harm.

You are just throwing mud in the desperate hope that some of it will stick. These dogs never bark at, bite nor threaten humans. Ever. 

I'm not the only one who feeds them. The fact that they have human contact every day from different people makes them very amenable to humans.

In addition, I have trained them to eat in an orderly manner. So they don't try to grab food from you or from another dog.

No Mud throwing  just asking some questions which you seemingly don't want to answer.

Ok  so these stray dogs stay in the park  with no roaming around they stay in their patches  they never bite or chase anyone  and they never bark or threaten humans and  leave no poop !!!

how do you know that    do you live with these dogs in the park 24/7   ?

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" run into the road and causes a serious accident ?

Answer ... ????

Question:   How do you know all your well fed "pets" have had rabies vaccinations

Answer ... ????

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" do bite someone

Answer ... ????

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" bark all day and night causing annoyance to local residents

Answer ... ????

Question :  what are you feeding these dogs to make them behave so  un dog like ????

Answer ... ????

3 hours ago, johng said:

No Mud throwing  just asking some questions which you seemingly don't want to answer.

Ok  so these stray dogs stay in the park  with no roaming around they stay in their patches  they never bite or chase anyone  and they never bark or threaten humans and  leave no poop !!!

how do you know that    do you live with these dogs in the park 24/7   ?

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" run into the road and causes a serious accident ?

Answer ... ????

Question:   How do you know all your well fed "pets" have had rabies vaccinations

Answer ... ????

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" do bite someone

Answer ... ????

Question: Who takes responsibility if  your well fed "pets" bark all day and night causing annoyance to local residents

Answer ... ????

Question :  what are you feeding these dogs to make them behave so  un dog like ????

Answer ... ????

Sorry, but your questions are just tedious. I've answered all questions to date.

I'm not your MP and anyway your questions are inane. Re-read them. If you can't see the inanity, I'll leave you with this; 

download.jpg.db6ca9d5a8419e835076d3e449aead19.jpg

On 8/28/2018 at 7:33 AM, KneeDeep said:

It's a kerb and a pavement. ?

Dog ran under her wheels huh? Must have been a very flat dog. Your daughter is really unlucky. It's certainly a rare occurrence....if it happened that way at all. Wild nonsense indeed.

Your 'friend' innocently walking along the pavement also terribly unlucky. Maybe he looked like a smelly tramp.

Should we get rid of all the deer, kangaroo and varied other animals that can dart across a road?  Should I get the Aussies and the Brits right on it?

Look up the difference between 'curb' and 'kerb'.  You are obviously British as you prefer 'pavement' to the American 'sidewalk'.  Thai sidewalks have hardly been 'paved'.  You are losing the argument when you seek to undermine reason with nit-picky comments or half-witty jokes like 'flat dog.' 

You still haven't apologised for saying my daughter should have been taught some responsibility for an accident directly caused by a marauding stray.  The sixty plus who die daily on Thai roads will have learned a valuable lesson in your eyes.

I did not advocate a cull of all animals running wild like 'kangaroos' - not many hereabouts.  If you get someone to read my original post to you, I 'm talking about diseased, mangy creatures that have no owners and are suffering.

Edited by mikebell
missing words
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 7:43 AM, KneeDeep said:

I agree. There are crazy dogs. But that doesn't mean that they should cull them all. They should deal with the crazy dogs that attack unprovoked.

Oh you mean after they have attacked?? I have a better idea cull all strays and also these trash dogs on every corner with the moto/lowlifes. Then get rid of all other aggressive dogs that are in front of shops connected to so called owners.  It's an absolutely absurd for City Hall to try to attract quality tourists who have to walk through dogs and dog sh**." Actually l don't know what they do up there besides turn the lights on. By the way Hoss-unless you take in and contain your dogs that you are feeding, you are contributing to the problem. 

Edited by morrobay
add
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

Look up the difference between 'curb' and 'kerb'.  You are obviously British as you prefer 'pavement' to the American 'sidewalk'.  Thai sidewalks have hardly been 'paved'.  You are losing the argument when you seek to undermine reason with nit-picky comments or half-witty jokes like 'flat dog.' 

You still haven't apologised for saying my daughter should have been taught some responsibility for an accident directly caused by a marauding stray.  The sixty plus who die daily on Thai roads will have learned a valuable lesson in your eyes.

I did not advocate a cull of all animals running wild like 'kangaroos' - not many hereabouts.  If you get someone to read my original post to you, I 'm talking about diseased, mangy creatures that have no owners and are suffering.

Yes, your daughter should take responsibility for running over a animal. The dog did not run under her wheels. She ran over the animal. Take responsibility for your actions.

There is no mention of "diseased, mangy creatures" in your first reply to me, nor subsequently. In fact you mentioned the dog that bit your friend had an 'owner'.

Have you ever heard the metaphor, "moving the goalposts"?

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

There is no mention of "diseased, mangy creatures" in your first reply to me, nor subsequently. In fact you mentioned the dog that bit your friend had an 'owner'.

Have you ever heard the metaphor, "moving the goalposts"?

It does not make any difference whether these trash aggressive dogs have "owners" they bark, bite, and crap all over the place. And the dogs you feed are a disease carrying mess. Have you ever heard of contradictio-adjecto.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

Oh you mean after they have attacked?? I have a better idea cull all strays and also these trash dogs on every corner with the moto/lowlifes. Then get rid of all other aggressive dogs that are in front of shops connected to so called owners.  It's an absolutely absurd for City Hall to try to attract quality tourists who have to walk through dogs and dog sh**." Actually l don't know what they do up there besides turn the lights on. By the way Hoss-unless you take in and contain your dogs that you are feeding, you are contributing to the problem. 

Yes, after they are shown to aggressively attack people or chase motorbikes etc

Just like we treat humans. We don't jail them before they commit a crime.

The dogs that I feed aren't a problem. They aren't aggressive. More people love them than love you. That is for sure.

I don't encounter dog excrement anywhere. Perhaps the City cleaners remove it before I see it or the dogs simply do it in the wooded areas.

Maybe you are camping in those wooded areas. You should save up and move.

I have never encountered an aggressive dog outside a shop. Doesn't sound good for business and I can't see any business owner standing for that.

I have seen dogs near the entrance of convenience stores. There often because of motorcycle taxis befriending them or people giving them food from the shop.

So they aren't afraid of people, as they generally are not badly treated. So unlikely to be aggressive.

There's always the odd crazy barking dog. Not unlike the people who bark irrationally on a chat forum.

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

It does not make any difference whether these trash aggressive dogs have "owners" they bark, bite, and crap all over the place. And the dogs you feed are a disease carrying mess. Have you ever heard of contradictio-adjecto.

This is just your subjective opinion and has nothing to do with the facts on the ground. 

Do you know whether the dogs that I feed are a "disease carrying mess"? No, you do not.

You are just barking loudly in the wind. Like the aforementioned crazy dogs.