Where to go for good quality STI and HIV tests ?

Bonobojt

1 hour ago, Bonobojt said:

I’ve had gonorrhoea twice, in the throat and anus, that one is nasty, symptoms eased away  pretty quickly after the antibiotics, glad I got Chlamydia instead on gonorrhoea. More antibiotics for my already messed up gut, though, that’s bad news. 

yes your IBS will be really unhappy. Have you noticed your IBS symptoms disappear while having intercourse?  I mean about 30 minutes before and until about one hour after? as soon as your attention turns to the task at hand? 

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes your IBS will be really unhappy. Have you noticed your IBS symptoms disappear while having intercourse?  I mean about 30 minutes before and until about one hour after? as soon as your attention turns to the task at hand? 

Yeah I’ve noticed that, for example on Monday night this week, felt nauseous after a meal, later on chatted to s sexy Philippines girl on beach road, I was thinking to myself I don’t think I can take her to my room, I feel sick, but I did and when we got back I felt improvement and then we started to get naked and close to having sex and I felt normal. 

Edited by Bonobojt
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 hours ago, Bonobojt said:
I’ve had gonorrhoea twice, in the throat and anus, that one is nasty, symptoms eased away  pretty quickly after the antibiotics, glad I got Chlamydia instead on gonorrhoea. More antibiotics for my already messed up gut, though, that’s bad news. 

What was anal gonorrhea like? Was that via an LB?

It was very very horrible experience, the symptoms were very nasty, I had to go to work and I couldn’t tell anyone what was wrong with me because it’s private stuff, I was depressed. Had to live with it for a week, got my results back , and got the treatment, felt improvement a few hours later. 

Haven’t been near a LB or anyone with a dick since. I’ll stick to girls now. 

Managed to not have sex last night, wasn’t really any girls that I liked on beach road last night, plus it doesn’t really feel ‘right’ to have sex knowing your infected with something. I’m into the skinny girls with some booty and a nice face.

done some google searching and it appears I can have protective sex with a condom during the treatment phase, it won’t effect the antibiotics working. But it’s not recommended as I could get infected again or risk spreading it. Decisions decisions..

Edited by Bonobojt

14 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

From this thread and other posts of yours, you do seem intent on living up to the sexual activities of your avatar (Bonobo) and have caught various diseases from these activities.

Then many posts about how the antibiotics taken have upset your "system" and what foods to eat and why and how bad you feel.

Almost seems like you have a "death wish" and are seeking attention, so not wanting to play your games anymore, I have pressed the ignore button on you.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

A friend here had a sore eye which no amount of eye drops or ointments would cure, so off to the hospital for tests...……..and yes, he had contracted chlamydia in the eye, probably from touching his eye immediately after sex.

Ophthalmologic Manifestations of Chlamydia Treatment & Management

Treatment consists of systemic antibiotics; topical antibiotics are relatively ineffective in the treatment of this eye disease. Recommended treatment, which is given for 3-6 weeks, includes oral tetracycline (500 mg qid), oral doxycycline (100 mg bid), or oral erythromycin stearate (500 mg qid). Azithromycin can be given as a single dose of 1 g, which can be increased to 2 g if Neisseria gonorrhoeae is suspected. Tetracyclines are avoided in children younger than 7 years and in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.

https://reference.medscape.com/article/1203385-treatment

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

Add streptococcus sanguinis to that list, rare but is found in a few STD tests and lives in the mouth around areas of plaque. 

that is a leading pathogen in endocarditis, really bad news and much worse than the garden variety chlymadia or uti.

Abstract

Streptococcus sanguinis is an important component of dental plaque and a leading cause of infective endocarditis.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0026403           interesting article

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

that is a leading pathogen in endocarditis, really bad news and much worse than the garden variety chlymadia or uti.

Abstract

Streptococcus sanguinis is an important component of dental plaque and a leading cause of infective endocarditis.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0026403           interesting article

Hmmmm……...article far too complex for my understanding (although I was aware of the IE implications) but this was isolated in a urine sample here and a new quinolone was prescribed which did the trick.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I see a doctor at Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya on a regular basis to monitor and treat my chronic gout.  She requires a blood test before each consultation to monitor not only the gout, but liver and kidney functions. 

On a recent visit, I decided to ask the nurse at the intake desk to throw in an STI panel and HIV test since it has been several years since I've been tested, and I've had asymptomatic syphilis before.  You would have thought I was the first person in the history of civilization to request such tests.  I was asked by several nurses, both individually and as a group, why on earth I would want such tests.  They just couldn't seem to wrap their mind around it.  The nurse who finally agreed to the addition of the tests scowled and sneered that "Farang t'ink too mutt" (!).

I had to specify which tests I wanted, and all I could think of off the top of my head was syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV.  She declined to test for gonorrhea since I showed no outward symptoms.  

For a revenue-motivated institution, I was quite taken aback at their attitude.  I mean, don't they make money on those tests?
Funny you say that, i was in Bangkok Pattaya hospital enquiring about PrEP and the doctor tried to convince me to get a girlfriend instead. Backward hospital that one

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
On 10/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, wpcoe said:
I see a doctor at Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya on a regular basis to monitor and treat my chronic gout.  She requires a blood test before each consultation to monitor not only the gout, but liver and kidney functions. 

On a recent visit, I decided to ask the nurse at the intake desk to throw in an STI panel and HIV test since it has been several years since I've been tested, and I've had asymptomatic syphilis before.  You would have thought I was the first person in the history of civilization to request such tests.  I was asked by several nurses, both individually and as a group, why on earth I would want such tests.  They just couldn't seem to wrap their mind around it.  The nurse who finally agreed to the addition of the tests scowled and sneered that "Farang t'ink too mutt" (!).

I had to specify which tests I wanted, and all I could think of off the top of my head was syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV.  She declined to test for gonorrhea since I showed no outward symptoms.  

For a revenue-motivated institution, I was quite taken aback at their attitude.  I mean, don't they make money on those tests?

Funny you say that, i was in Bangkok Pattaya hospital enquiring about PrEP and the doctor tried to convince me to get a girlfriend instead. Backward hospital that one

you think getting a girlfriend is an unreasonable concept compared with continuous high risk sex and daily hiv prophylactic tablets?  backward hillbillies for sure

So after 130+ posts the treatment for Gonhorrea is unclear. Many people seem to wing it with 4x250mg Azithromycin. I took 4x250mg yesterday and 2x250mg this morning plus injection of Ceftriaxone 250mg which i read about previously.

Is this the correct treatment? I think clinics give alternative treatment to Ceftriaxone

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

So after 130+ posts the treatment for Gonhorrea is unclear. Many people seem to wing it with 4x250mg Azithromycin. I took 4x250mg yesterday and 2x250mg this morning plus injection of Ceftriaxone 250mg which i read about previously.

Is this the correct treatment? I think clinics give alternative treatment to Ceftriaxon.

Depends what strain you have, the easier ones seem cured by almost any of the basic antibiotics like Moxy 500.

Just wait a week, and if the symptoms have gone, and don't return within a week, then you're cured.

Edited by BritManToo

Is this the correct treatment? I think clinics give alternative treatment to Ceftriaxone

There is multi drug resistant GC here and new resistance to drugs continues to develop. Resistance patterns can differ somewhat in different parts of the country as well.

Hence it is strongly urged to seek treatment from an STD treatment provider who is thoroughly up to date

The staff at places like the Thai Red Cross and the Silom Clinic will know when a drug stops working long before that information reaches the World Health Organization let alone "Dr Google" -- or me.

As of 2 years ago Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone were still effective in most cades in Thailand. I do not know if that has changed as it takes time for these things to get reported.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone, great drugs.  the famous .  z pack

and rocephin, a true ed bandaid for many cases . and well liked by orthopedic surgeons who define the heart as "the organ that pumps rocephin to the bones"