Dutchman reported missing found safe and well in Pattaya

webfact

Dutchman reported missing found safe and well in Pattaya

1540125957703.jpg

Picture: TNA

A Dutchman who had been reported missing has been found safe and well in Pattaya.

Family and friends of Hans Wielaard launched an appeal on social media after they had not heard from their son since visiting Thailand on September 24.

He was due to return to his native Holland on October 15 but never arrived.

The online appeal was then picked by a number of Dutch news outlets.

Mr Wielaard, 45, had told friends he planned to visit Koh Tao.

However, on Sunday tourist police officers tracked Mr Wielaard down to a hotel in Pattaya.

He told officers that he had never actually visited Koh Tao but instead went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya.

Meanwhile, TNA reported that unnamed people had posted about the incident online in a bid to tarnish the reputation of Koh Tao.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-22

This is a really poor effort at police PR.

They send out the cavalry to look for one middle aged sex tourist gone awol for a few days.

Instead of 5 cops standing around doing nothing why not go arrest some yaba dealers that run riot in Pattaya.

Too hard?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, TNA reported that unnamed people had posted about the incident online in a bid to tarnish the reputation of Koh Tao.

There were comments of "Oh no not again!" and "When will this end??" Some seem to be just a little trigger-happy.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Must be nice to be missed .

I went "missing" for three years once..................and no one even noticed

Worse!...I can beat that...I'm still missing...not only does nobody care....they are delighted. 

Hello mom and dad , I am safe here in Pattaya , it's a family resort in Thailand . 

I am 45 years old now and can take care of myself mom. Yes I will remember to eat my gouda cheese every morning .   Bye . 

Wuss of the year award goes to this Dutch mummy’s boy. Then he calls her and makes fun that she is crying. When he gets home they should remove his bed from the basement floor ( oh I forget most Dutch  don’t have basements ) they should move his bed out of his bedroom that he has occupied for 45 years and make him sleep on the floor. No Heineken for a week and no Gouda and marijuana for two weeks and take his car keys away ( from the car he borrows from them) and as a real punishment he gets no breakfast served to him each moring and absolutely mommy does not put his sox on in the morning during punishment week. 

9 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I know that you cant polish a turd, but can you tarnish one?

Answers on a Postcard please.

Actually, you can! Polish, that is. A bit off topic, but traditionally Africans use floors of dried sh*t. You would not believe how clean and shiny they can be.

8 hours ago, dutchbull said:

Did the family not simply try to phone him ?

everyone from 4-100 years now a day have a mobile phone

That's the problem,  those old Dutchies (i'm also dutch) are very very concerned and start ringing alarmbells very fast...He should have known that though since they are his parents.

They have no idea that electricity might fall out, phones stop working or anything else that can happen in thailand. Those things rarely happen in holland.

He was just another sexpat it seems.

Archived