The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Good game that. 

Seems all the players have learned how to play for the shirt. Where was that effort a few weeks ago? Look a  different side. That said although De Gea was outstanding Spurs poor finishing cost them the game. 

• Like 1

Great win against a very good Spurs side we rode our luck in the 2nd half but got there in the end.

Degea what a fantastic keeper he is admittedly only 3 of the saves was top class but the others was made by his positional sense.

Give Ole the job now he is a breath of fresh air, Love his interview at the end saying I am not here to talk about myself ???? sly dig at José?.

• Like 2

Another solid performance. Top 4 finish now a realistic objective. Gives hope for our first real test against PSG at Old Trafford.

Spurs looked lacking in a couple of areas. Need a top class striker, like Rashford. Also need a midfield general, like Pogba.

Pochettino did himself no favours if he wants the Old Trafford job. Real danger that Spurs will come looking for Ole in the summer. Give him a contract now!

Just now, jellydog said:

A shocker ! Well, it does make Mourinho look even worse than he did, which is something.

Yes I agree with you but I also dont agree how some of the players downed tools as it certainly seems that way now

5 hours ago, nev said:

Great win against a very good Spurs side we rode our luck in the 2nd half but got there in the end.

Degea what a fantastic keeper he is admittedly only 3 of the saves was top class but the others was made by his positional sense.

Give Ole the job now he is a breath of fresh air, Love his interview at the end saying I am not here to talk about myself ???? sly dig at José?.

The Utd goalie is one of the best in the world, if not the best.

They have had some great goalies in the past; Van der Sar, Smichael.

I think Bolton have José in their sights.

Edited by owl sees all

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The Utd goalie is one of the best in the world, if not the best.

They have had some great goalies in the past; Van der Sar, Smichael.

I think Bolton have José in their sights.

Are they that desperate ?

Bailey coming back, paired with Lindelof, is obviously the preferred partnership but what Jones has done coming into this team is nothing short of miraculous. His commitment, heart and warrior mentality while suffering such a confidence sapping stretch of games prior to the UNspecial One leaving.
He reflects all the positivity residual Ole has brought to this team.
I salute u Calamity

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

You've had one pasting this year Spidey....our pleasure to dish out another shortly.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, Spidey said:

Yep. Time to stop the talking and start the walking on the 13th, although I wouldn't consider Spurs a top side.

It's a potential 6 pointer as I can see United competing with Spurs for 4th place at the end of the season.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, carmine said:

I bet you still leave out a glass of milk for Santa don't you!!!!

@RonniePickering22 Get much pleasure last night, did you?

@carmine Santa gratefully accepted his glass of milk.

• Haha 1

MAN U MANAGEMENT DISGUST ME, new manager had turned this team around not frightened of their own shadows anymore, the best start in history for a new manager, he will get us up to fourth place, and in the money. and this lot are openly looking for a new manager, total disrespect, for OLLIE, give him the job for next season, 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

lol

they are in hiding and rightly so after all the mouthing off they did here

tail well and truly tucked between the balls

When you're the biggest club in the world, and the most successful club in the world's most demanding league, it basically comes with the territory. When you're on top of the perch, the noise of the rabble below does tend to float up (along with the smell, of course). I've always taken it as a sort of compliment, really

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Oh and you're still slumming it in the Thursday night spots.

Looks like we're going to be changing places shortly.

As always, 2nd half of the season, United rise up the table, Spurs slip down.

Don't worry, we'll give you a wave as we go past.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

MAN U MANAGEMENT DISGUST ME, new manager had turned this team around not frightened of their own shadows anymore, the best start in history for a new manager, he will get us up to fourth place, and in the money. and this lot are openly looking for a new manager, total disrespect, for OLLIE, give him the job for next season, 

Calm down all paper talk