The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've not realised have you, that you can use the info to assess and compare the success or failures of all of your managers SINCE rednose. Your welcome.

If I was a little harsh I apologise... if you did post the table with no kind of agenda then thanks ????

I'm sure you didn't expect it to be enjoyable reading anyway ????

51 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I posted about the footballer being charged, on this thread, because the rumour is it is a ManU player, and I asked did anyone know anything about it.

Forum rules do not allow for unsubstantiated rumours to be posted.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I posted about the footballer being charged, on this thread, because the rumour is it is a ManU player, and I asked did anyone know anything about it.

If it was a Man U player it would be all over the papers. probably from some insignificant club such as Man City.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

R.I.P. Albert Quixall passed away yesterday age 87

Uniteds forward line in that period was Giles Quixall Herd Law Charlton.

Giles, Law and Charlton I saw play a lot but not Quixall and Herd (went to school and played football with his son). What kind of player was Quixall?

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You have no evidence of it being a United player, I knew this would come just didn't think you swoop so low, in any case whoever it may be he is innocent until proven guilty is he not?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polpott said:

If it was a Man U player it would be all over the papers. probably from some insignificant club such as Man City.

You're right, I have searched the internet and found nothing, yes I have heard a couple of rumours the article did say a player in his 20's and I do have a couple of connections back at Old Trafford and they know nothing I'll check again at 5 pm our time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Giles, Law and Charlton I saw play a lot but not Quixall and Herd (went to school and played football with his son). What kind of player was Quixall?

Back in those days you would call him a midfield ball-player...his arrival however did not go down well with Johnny Giles who felt he could play midfield instead of being stuck on the wing Busby unfortunately did not agree and Giles left for Leeds where he flourished in midfield under Don Revie whereas Albert somewhat faded away.....big mistake really by Sir Matt...hindsight is a wonderful thing however :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

You have no evidence of it being a United player, I knew this would come just didn't think you swoop so low, in any case whoever it may be he is innocent until proven guilty is he not?

I'd read on Twitter who people are speculating it is, and of course who ever it is is most definitely innocent until proven guilty. I suggest we 'park it' there until this further develops in the news.

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'd read on Twitter who people are speculating it is, and of course who ever it is is most definitely innocent until proven guilty. I suggest we 'park it' there until this further develops in the news.

Nah, you was just waiting dwell on your rumours I would have thought you have grown out of that bye now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Back in those days you would call him a midfield ball-player...his arrival however did not go down well with Johnny Giles who felt he could play midfield instead of being stuck on the wing Busby unfortunately did not agree and Giles left for Leeds where he flourished in midfield under Don Revie whereas Albert somewhat faded away.....big mistake really by Sir Matt...hindsight is a wonderful thing however :thumbsup:

Many Leeds fans thank Busby for that

Albert Quixall (9 August 1933 – 12 November 2020) was an English professional footballer who played as an inside-forward. He joined Sheffield Wednesday as a youth and debuted in their professional side in 1951. He played almost 250 league games for Wednesday and became known as the "Golden Boy", also being capped five times for the England national team. Quixall joined Manchester United in 1958 for a record transfer fee, a signing made by Matt Busby to rebuild his team following the Munich air disaster. Quixall played 184 games for United and was regarded by Bobby Charlton as key to many of his goals in this era. He ended his football career at Oldham Athletic and Stockport County. In retirement he lived in Greater Manchester and ran a scrap metal firm.

• Like 1

Start of the silly season soon the January transfer window will open were every player in the world gets connected with some club or other.

Already United have been link to players, being the biggest club in the world it's be expected,

Another Portuguese player on the radar David Carmo a central defender he's left footed and only 21 certainly fit's the MO 

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United 'are on red alert in their hunt for a director of football' as Ajax duo Edwin van der Sar and Marc Overmars eye new challenges abroad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8950077/Manchester-United-red-alert-Marc-Overmars-Edwin-van-der-Sar-target-new-challenge.html

When I was a kid (maybe about 7 or 8. ) I rang up the Piccadilly 1152 call in and said that we should sell Giggs (he was going through a bad patch) and buy Marc Overmars. If my memory serves me correctly it was Tommy Docherty on the show, he basically told me Giggsy was a good player and would be OK. Fair play Doc.

Anyway that was a real buzz ringing the show. I taped it and listened to it back.

I think I knew more about football at that age than a certain City fan does now.

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

When I was a kid (maybe about 7 or 8. ) I rang up the Piccadilly 1152 call in and said that we should sell Giggs (he was going through a bad patch) and buy Marc Overmars. If my memory serves me correctly it was Tommy Docherty on the show, he basically told me Giggsy was a good player and would be OK. Fair play Doc.

Anyway that was a real buzz ringing the show. I taped it and listened to it back.

I think I knew more about football at that age than a certain City fan does now.

Overmars did have a trial at United a bit injury prone

Anybody watch the women's game United v City that was a good game 4 good goals ended up 2-2 United could have had a 3rd at the end I just watched 20 minutes highlights on MUTV,

It seems City's ladies sell more shirts than the mens team

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Start of the silly season soon the January transfer window will open were every player in the world gets connected with some club or other.

Already United have been link to players, being the biggest club in the world it's be expected,

Another Portuguese player on the radar David Carmo a central defender he's left footed and only 21 certainly fit's the MO 

With Liverpool looking for a quality CB as well in Jan prices are going only one way!