The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Maguire was embarrassing. Time after time exposed for his total lack of pace and what was he doing for that 3rd goal. Added to that he is no leader out on the pitch. 

He never was to me now Ole doesn't have the balls to take of him and give it Bruno

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maguire was embarrassing. Time after time exposed for his total lack of pace and what was he doing for that 3rd goal. Added to that he is no leader out on the pitch. 

That lad needs a vacation in the worst way.:smile:

I am in no way defending Ole here, as pre match and in play decisions have been ropey at best.
But what exactly are Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna doing when they are in training with the squad?
Shape, starting energy and understanding of game plan is down to the coaches. Isn’t it?

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

That was an absolute <deleted> show play like that and they will get battered by City 

A complete "fustercluck" and despite United moving further up the table, mainly due to some superb strikes and very little else, it's about time Ole was sacked or grew a pair.

The club needs a big cleanout and needs to sell players to be able to get some new talent in, although they do have some young talent coming through, it will take time.

They should invite offers for Pogba, De Ghea, Shaw, Lingard, Jones, Rojo and a few others who are a burden on the weekly payroll.

There might be some glee because United moved into fourth place, but the signs have been there for a while that Ole wasn't the right choice, and apart from being tactically naïve and never having had a successful managerial career, he'd have difficulty motivating someone to pick up a winning Pools cheque.

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A complete "fustercluck" and despite United moving further up the table, mainly due to some superb strikes and very little else, it's about time Ole was sacked or grew a pair.

The club needs a big cleanout and needs to sell players to be able to get some new talent in, although they do have some young talent coming through, it will take time.

They should invite offers for Pogba, De Ghea, Shaw, Lingard, Jones, Rojo and a few others who are a burden on the weekly payroll.

There might be some glee because United moved into fourth place, but the signs have been there for a while that Ole wasn't the right choice, and apart from being tactically naïve and never having had a successful managerial career, he'd have difficulty motivating someone to pick up a winning Pools cheque.

Who would buy them? their contracts are to big as with others Lingard might be worth a few quid, as Jones and Rojo I would just terminate their contracts get them out of the club, United need to make statement to any other player who wants to toss it off this is what will happen

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Harry Maguire sends warning to Manchester United teammates after RB Leipzig defeat we let a goal in after 2 minutes and it's not acceptable, who's fault is that? muppet! you are part of the problem

Like anybody is going to take any notice from him, <deleted> off block head

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Even the usual penalty to give you a kick start couldn't save you. City's loanee Angelino helped boot you into the Thursday night football cup ????

Penalty and hand ball goal, they really tried to keep them in didn't they. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Penalty and hand ball goal, they really tried to keep them in didn't they. 

Admittedly I only watched the last 10 mins and highlights... And I'm not against hard decisions protecting strikers.. they're a good thing for the game... But was that anywhere near a pen.. think it was  greenwood stepped into the player and he went down. It just looked like 2 players goin for the same.ball...used to be called.shoulder to shoulder.. Tbh I found it shockin that a pen was even thought of let alone given. 

Everyone can see the problem , your defenders are not  up for it, you'd expect world class defenders to defend from corners, marking your man, be strong in the air.  Basic defending really. 
Even Fulham would do a better job. 

If the problem is Solskjaer or the whole training staff, I don't know, but learn how to defend before you think you can play at the highest level.  I feel sorry for world class players like Bruno who have to trust Maguire will sort out the problems.  

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Depends what happens in January. We are just a few points off top spot and playing badly. Imagine where we'd be playing well with a stronger defence.

You are in for a few utter smashings....6-1 ring any bells?

Absolutely no chance of a league title...you'll be lucky to make top six.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You are in for a few utter smashings....6-1 ring any bells?

Absolutely no chance of a league title...you'll be lucky to make top six.

That's fine.. get your predictions in now folks. 

I already said Spurs are title contenders a few weeks ago. As long as Jose doesn't self combust you will be up there. 

But since we are beating good teams playing <deleted> I think your prediction is a little off.