Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes a day before January pay day and sub zero temperatures with an 8pm kick off.

Yeas, had it been a 5 th December game , 33 012 may have showed up , like the Southampton home game 

Edited by sanemax

43 minutes ago, carmine said:

What a load of cobblers!!!????

At least Abramovich and the Sheikh attend games occasionally. When have you ever seen Louis at a game even when he was younger?

He's worse than Kroenke. At least Kroenke can be excused for not caring because he's American. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

At least Abramovich and the Sheikh attend games occasionally. When have you ever seen Louis at a game even when he was younger?

He's worse than Kroenke. At least Kroenke can be excused for not caring because he's American. 

Oh are you trolling for Chelsea today!! How sweet!!

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

I really think Chavs and City fans should just keep their conversations to each other, you know the one, how you were nothing before a super rich person came along and paid for you to win trophies.  

And your club really should do something about your fans and the racism thing. Its really quite appalling and seems to be a regular feature wherever you play.

In the five years prior to Roman showing up , Chelsea had won the F.A cup twice , League cup once , European trophy and were playing in the Champions league and Tottenham won the League cup once and Tottenham were a mid table team .

Chelsea had also developed 3/4's of their stadium in that time .

Chelsea were a bigger Club that Spurs , even before Roman came along

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In the five years prior to Roman showing up , Chelsea had won the F.A cup twice , League cup once , European trophy and were playing in the Champions league and Tottenham won the League cup once and Tottenham were a mid table team .

Chelsea had also developed 3/4's of their stadium in that time .

Chelsea were a bigger Club that Spurs , even before Roman came along

You're funny.  Leeds are a bigger club than Chelsea, even though they have been relegated some fourteen years.  But i suppose you cant see that either!!

Football fans across the country all have a giggle when Chelsea fans try and build an argument that they are a big club. ????

Edited by carmine

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

You're funny.  Leeds are a bigger club than Chelsea, even though they have been relegated some fourteen years.  But i suppose you cant see that either!!

Football fans across the country all have a giggle when Chelsea fans try and build an argument that they are a big club. ????

In what way are Leeds a bigger club than Chelsea ?

I provided facts as to why Chelsea are a bigger Club than Spurs .

Your turn to provide some facts about why you feel that Leeds are a bigger Club than Chelsea ?

Are we talking about the number of letters in the name again ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Your turn to provide some facts about why you feel that Leeds are a bigger Club than Chelsea ?

You are not a big club.  You have though been very successful in the last few years.  You're really better off just having the conversation with other Chelsea fans, you all seem to hold the view that you are a big club.  Bless!!

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I'm sorry mate, but it's hard to argue that Chelsea were a bigger club than Leeds or Spurs before Abramovich came along. Both had won several league titles, one had got to a  European Cup final.

Just now, carmine said:

You are not a big club.  You have though been very successful in the last few years.  You're really better off just having the conversation with other Chelsea fans, you all seem to hold the view that you are a big club.  Bless!!

What do you quantify as being a "big" club though ?

Chelsea are the fourth most successful Club in England since football began and also are in the top six for attendances , since football began .

I suppose that having just seven letters in our name makes us a small club ?

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What do you quantify as being a "big" club though ?

Chelsea are the fourth most successful Club in England since football began and also are in the top six for attendances , since football began .

I suppose that having just seven letters in our name makes us a small club ?

You just don't understand.  Just talk with other Chelsea fans and tell each other what you all believe and no one else accepts.  I remember going to Stamford Bridge in the late seventies and there was more Spurs fans than Chelsea with vast areas of the terraces empty.  

I real change in terms of success arrived with russian roubles and you aint kidding anyone anything different and being the recipient of vast sums of cash doesn't not suddenly elevate you from a run of the mill club to what others recognize as a big club. Sorry.

Arsenal are a bigger club that Chelsea too!!

Edited by carmine

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm sorry mate, but it's hard to argue that Chelsea were a bigger club than Leeds or Spurs before Abramovich came along. Both had won several league titles, one had got to a  European Cup final.

Leeds had won the First division 3 times , Tottenham had won in twice and Chelsea had won it once , Chelsea also had won two European trophies by then 

1 minute ago, carmine said:

You just don't understand.  Just talk with other Chelsea fans and tell each other what you all believe and no one else accepts.  I remember going to Stamford Bridge in the late seventies and there was more Spurs fans than Chelsea with vast areas of the terraces empty. 

I real change in terms of success arrived with russian roubles and you aint kidding anyone anything different and being the recipient of vast sums of cash doesn't not suddenly elevate you from a run of the mill club to what others recognize as a big club. Sorry.

Yes, Chelsea fell on hard times in the mid 70's , that was after we nearly went bankrupt after developing the stadium (That is something that you now need to be concerned about).

I do think that you are exaggerating , stating that there were more Spurs fans than Chelsea at Stamford Bridge , state which year that was , and I will do some research .

During the late 70's , parts of SB was closed off , which is why there were vast areas of empty cordoned off terracing .

Whilst I do agree that historically , Arsenal can be considered a bigger club than Chelsea , I disagree that Tottenham are .

Tottenham had a bit of success in the 1960s and a bit more in the early 80's , but, thats about it 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Sorry Rick, for accuracy, it state "at least Abramovich and the Sheikh's representative, Al Mubarak (City Chairman), attend many of the games..."

1 hour ago, carmine said:

If you base "big club" based on attendances, Leeds are not even top 10 in England at any time in the past 100 years compared to Chelsea who are. See the new thread i started last week on top 10 big clubs by attendances in the last century. Leeds last major trophy was back in 1991-92, a loooong time ago! 

Based on attendances, Chelsea ARE a big club. Based on the past 50 years trophies Chelsea ARE a big club (total to date: eight League titles, eight FA Cups, five League Cups, four FA Community Shields, one UEFA Europa League, one UEFA Super Cup, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and one UEFA Champions League) - i can remember back to the 70s and they were very definitively considered a big club then. How can you not see that?

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, carmine said:

I would have thought Arsenal are bigger than both Sours and Chelsea.

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry Rick, for accuracy, it state "at least Abramovich and the Sheikh's representative, Al Mubarak (City Chairman), attend many of the games..."

I thought the Sheikh had been to one or two?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

And your club really should do something about your fans and the racism thing. Its really quite appalling and seems to be a regular feature wherever you play.

Thats not true .

There was one instance this season , where a Chelsea fan yelled at Sterling , "You manc ****" , which the media tried to make out that he yelled "Black *****" .

The other instances have been Chelsea fans singing songs about Tottenham  , although the songs do contain the word "yid" , its not anti semetic abuse , its songs about Spurs  .

Same as oppo sing songs as about Chelsea rent boys , that isnt homophobic abuse , just abuse in general .

The Club has also clamped down on Chelsea singing songs about Spurs .

Spurs are allowed to sing "Yid Army" , but Chelsea fans  cannot mention it , to avoid upsetting Spurs fans

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thats not true .

There was one instance this season , where a Chelsea fan yelled at Sterling , "You manc ****" , which the media tried to make out that he yelled "Black *****" .

The other instances have been Chelsea fans singing songs about Tottenham  , although the songs do contain the word "yid" , its not anti semetic abuse , its songs about Spurs  .

Same as oppo sing songs as about Chelsea rent boys , that isnt homophobic abuse , just abuse in general .

Spurs are allowed to sing "Yid Army" , but Chelsea fans  cannot mention it , to avoid upsetting Spurs fans

You've not heard the hissing in reference to gas chambers or  the Spurs are on their way to Auchwitz song then!  Sorry, but i beg to differ.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Thats not true .

That's because Spurs fans use Yid Army as an affectionate chant for their team, which is meant to turn the taunts of other fans into a positive. Chelsea use the term in the opposite way. 

But from the FA's standpoint, it will probably seen as double standards. Because I'm not sure how the rules can account for the sentiment with which something is sung. All they can do is deem certain words to be inappropriate. The Spurs fans won't stop singing it, so I can see this coming to a head at some point.

Edited by RickG16

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That's because Spurs fans use Yid Army as an affectionate chant for their team, which is meant to turn the taunts of other fans into a positive. Chelsea use the term in the opposite way. 

But from the FA's standpoint, it will probably seen as double standards. Because I'm not sure how the rules can account for the sentiment with which something is sung. All they can do is deem certain words to be inappropriate. The Spurs fans won't stop singing it, so I can see this coming to a head at some point.

yeah i wonder when or if it'll happen, left to its own demise it  could well just  fade out naturally like a generational thing , as younger generations become 'fans they could well take on board the bigger picture and just not chant it,, its similar in a way to the term 'farange' some find it offensive  others show less concern, but i suspect the younger more aware will just stop using it.

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Children children please..  you've highjacked  our thread. wann argue bout whose club is  the biggest 'go elsewhere . 

Oh you’re  back......im guessing Spurs must of won. 

Edited by Kadilo

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Llorente .. well bottom line his power to rid himself of the defender and 'text book'headerw won us the game..  after virtually no starts for a year its a BIG ask to hold the line for a top 4 club and at 33 it aint gonna b plain sailin. But he never hid showed some good strength in his hold up play and some nice 1 st touches..

Llorente finally had a good game but I am not convinced yet, he also missed a clear sitter, not the first time. We need a quality striker when our best players are injured. 

But this time it worked, hope it continues.