Your experience with Roojai.com online auto insurance

fittobethaied

I am seriously considering switching my auto insurance to Roojai.com online auto insurance. I have processed a quotation for both of my cars and my total savings amounts to approximately 7000 Baht for this coming year which will practically pay the premium for one car. Since they are connected with Krung Thai Bank and have been in business for years, one would think they would be pretty reputable; however, to my knowledge there has never been any feedback on the forum to confirm this with real life experiences with them. 40,000++ customer reviews are said to be posted online, but when I click the link nothing appears. I've been with my current insurance broker for 8 years and I would hate to break off with him to buy a less expensive insurance that turns out to be unreliable with poor customer service. Any comment about first-hand experience with Roojai would be much appreciated.

Edited by fittobethaied
  • Like 1

I am seriously considering switching my auto insurance to Roojai.com online auto insurance. I have processed a quotation for both of my cars and my total savings amounts to approximately 7000 Baht for this coming year which will practically pay the premium for one car. Since they are connected with Krung Thai Bank and have been in business for years, one would think they would be pretty reputable; however, to my knowledge there has never been any feedback on the forum to confirm this with real life experiences with them. 40,000++ customer reviews are said to be posted online, but when I click the link nothing appears. I've been with my current insurance broker for 8 years and I would hate to break off with him to buy a less expensive insurance that turns out to be unreliable with poor customer service. Any comment about first-hand experience with Roojai would be much appreciated.

Just swapped my car insurance over to them, did it online, phoned them to check when documents will be sent, have a designated English line, excellent spoken English, she went through everything again with me to check.

So, so far so good, saved around 4,000bt on first class insurance.

My wife has checked on a few Thai media sites and said they've got pretty good feedback.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I have had Roojai for about a month and had a minor problem where a motorbike ran into the corner of my car. He stopped and I called the hotline and within 30 minutes an agent was there. Took the pictures and dropped by my house the next day for paperwork. And a few days later I was at dealer so they can give it the once over and order the parts. So far all is good. They also saved me with my Class 1 insurance over my past insurer.

7 minutes ago, hoxman said:

I have had Roojai for about a month and had a minor problem where a motorbike ran into the corner of my car. He stopped and I called the hotline and within 30 minutes an agent was there. Took the pictures and dropped by my house the next day for paperwork. And a few days later I was at dealer so they can give it the once over and order the parts. So far all is good. They also saved me with my Class 1 insurance over my past insurer.

As far as I know this is the first report we have had about an actual experience with this company following an accident.

44 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

Since they are connected with Krung Thai Bank and have been in business for years, one would think they would be pretty reputable;

As far as I know they are a new company. Their relationship appears to be with Krungthai Panich Insurance (not directly with Krungthai bank) and the relationship appears to be that of a broker.

https://www.roojai.com/en/about/

• Agree 1

i did their online questionaire to get a quote and after wading through all the questions received an automated reply that they don't insure anyone over 70. If I can hold a Thai driving licence over 70, why won't they insure the over 70's? So a big thumbs down from me. I'll stick with Tokyo Marine who don't have any problem insuring me at 76.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

Interesting would be how much they pay out:

- what is the Insurance Sum compared to the vehicle price) (%) ?

- How much is the bail out sum (as I not find any Information on that one, maybe not have) ?

Because without this number it is worthless to compare to other first class Insurance companies.

The problem with many Insurances is in the details, where many people not think of.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Interesting would be how much they pay out:

- How much is the bail out sum (as I not find any Information on that one, maybe not have) ?

Because without this number it is worthless to compare to other first class Insurance companies.

The problem with many Insurances is in the details, where many people not think of.

HampiK, if you go through the entire quotation process it will give you the amount of coverage for the car as well as the bail bond. The info they provided me is as good as what I have right now through AXA. The website is a little tricky because you have to do a lot of clicking around to discover all the fine points, but they're there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

i did their online questionaire to get a quote and after wading through all the questions received an automated reply that they don't insure anyone over 70. If I can hold a Thai driving licence over 70, why won't they insure the over 70's? So a big thumbs down from me. I'll stick with Tokyo Marine who don't have any problem insuring me at 76.

I'm 70 and was accepted, but then I keyed in 71 and was rejected. Guess I'll just have to start letting my 55 year old wife start driving me around next year. I did however contract for the unnamed driver coverage, but only for those over 30. Makes me wonder if I would be covered then as other than the primary driver, but a driver over 30 in case I had an accident while behind the wheel at the time. It doesn't specified otherwise, but maybe I need to read the finer finer print and then confirm with the customer service people before purchasing. Unfortunately, I have a life-sized picture of what that conversation will be like. That question is waaaaaaay too deep for the average phone clerk!

Edited by fittobethaied
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

I'm 70 and was accepted, but then I keyed in 71 and was rejected. Guess I'll just have to start letting my 55 year old wife start driving me around next year. I did however contract for the unnamed driver coverage, but only for those over 30. Makes me wonder if I would be covered then as other than the primary driver, but a driver over 30 in case I had an accident while behind the wheel at the time. It doesn't specified otherwise, but maybe I need to read the finer finer print and then confirm with the customer service people before purchasing. Unfortunately, I have a life-sized picture of what that conversation will be like. That question is waaaaaaay too deep for the average phone clerk!

Just use another insurance company, there's plenty that will insure you over 70.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

For my vehicle the insured value seems to be identical to most other companies, with some others being lower.

The only real questions with this company (as with all insurance companies) are:

How quickly do they send an agent if needed?

and

Do they pay out?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

For my vehicle the insured value seems to be identical to most other companies, with some others being lower.

The only real questions with this company (as with all insurance companies) are:

How quickly do they send an agent if needed?

and

Do they pay out?

They quote 30 minutes for their agent...

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I know this is the first report we have had about an actual experience with this company following an accident.

I found them hopeless.  Changed to them from Axa, but I will return to Axa next year.  The form was a joke, the requirements idiotic, all their e mails in Thai (not much good for me). They didn't include the compulsory Thai insurance, (only found that out when we went to renew out car tax) .  we also had to do a live  streamed video with them  so that they could do a check for existing damage.  Never even heard of that before, ever.   Had to pay extra for them to send me the policy. I have no real confidence that if I had to claim that I would get anywhere with them.  Fingers crossed that I dont need them in the next 9 months. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

"If I can hold a Thai driving licence over 70, why won't they insure the over 70's?"

Because a DL is a legal issue, insurance a question of risk. You're simply a higher risk, and all insurance companies try to get lower risk people in.

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I found them hopeless.  Changed to them from Axa, but I will return to Axa next year.  The form was a joke, the requirements idiotic, all their e mails in Thai (not much good for me). They didn't include the compulsory Thai insurance, (only found that out when we went to renew out car tax) .  we also had to do a live  streamed video with them  so that they could do a check for existing damage.  Never even heard of that before, ever.   Had to pay extra for them to send me the policy. I have no real confidence that if I had to claim that I would get anywhere with them.  Fingers crossed that I dont need them in the next 9 months. 

Yes, I got a quote from them, a few 1000 cheaper than AXA. Got many many emails, in English, but then thought....who's heard of AXA, who's heard of Roojai? I turn 71 next so I guess it will be AXA, through McCallan in Pattaya next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

They didn't include the compulsory Thai insurance, (only found that out when we went to renew out car tax) .

My AXA insurance doesnt include that either. As far as I know it's always an extra on the basic price.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

we also had to do a live  streamed video with them  so that they could do a check for existing damage.  Never even heard of that before, ever.   Had to pay extra for them to send me the policy.

Those sound like reasonable cost-cutting procedures to me, though presumably the charge was for a paper copy of the policy and not just an emailed pdf?

There's no doubt in my mind that they do their best to keep premiums down by only accepting drivers who appear to be safe and who will accept some basic restrictions (all of which I asked for, and received, from other companies anyway), and I have no problems with that. I'm happy not to pay for lousy Thai drivers to get every little own-fault parking scratch repaired every year, especially when they probably cheat and lie on their declarations anyway and most likely have never had a single driving lesson.

But for me the big questions are still these: does the company pay out if you have an accident and do they get there promptly?

• Like 2

Call me old fashioned, maybe even a Luddite, but motor insurance is one of those things where i like a bricks and mortar type company.
Ya know, walk into a building, sit down at a desk, face to face conversation with a person, and renew my annual paperwork.

Have a haggle, even a little flirt, the usual argument about the value depreciation, my poor value on 10 years of no claims bonuses etc etc.

And walk out with my new paperwork.....

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 4:08 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Call me old fashioned, maybe even a Luddite, but motor insurance is one of those things where i like a bricks and mortar type company.
Ya know, walk into a building, sit down at a desk, face to face conversation with a person, and renew my annual paperwork.

Have a haggle, even a little flirt, the usual argument about the value depreciation, my poor value on 10 years of no claims bonuses etc etc.

And walk out with my new paperwork.....

OK. You're old fashioned, maybe a Luddite.

After a couple of times dealing direct as a walk-in, sit down, stare into space while the ladies play on their smartphones sort of annual renewal guy with Liberty Mutual, I switched to using an online broker. They have been the sleek facilitator between me and Axa, even when I had to drop by their shop one time when Axa wanted pictures for the sports lorry's renewal. Got an awesome slew of discounts from Axa last year but my stab at the online quote with roojai a few months indicates I could save enough money for a term of kindergarten for the youngest.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, thaiguzzi said:

They have an office, not far from Pattaya:

4/222 Harbor Mall Building, 11th Floor, Unit 11A01, Moo 10, Sukhumvit Road, Tung Suk, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230

Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm Saturday – Sunday 9am – 6pm, except public holidays.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

They have an office, not far from Pattaya:

4/222 Harbor Mall Building, 11th Floor, Unit 11A01, Moo 10, Sukhumvit Road, Tung Suk, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230

Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm Saturday – Sunday 9am – 6pm, except public holidays.

Nah, bit far for me to go from Udon Province.

Ta for the tip though...

15 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Also they give a free year of “Roadside Assistance”...

Sounds nice!... Wonder how that works? 

I have that with my AXA policy. I have a number to call in case of breakdowns, and supposedly they will send someone out if needed. In seven years I've never needed to call the number so I've no idea how well it actually works.

4 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Used them a couple months ago to renew class 1, saved about 6kTHB on the previous insurer I was using. Did the car checkup using a video comm on the smart phone app real time and was mailed the docs on time. Very impressed. Never needed to make a claim tho.

How much were you paying before to save 6000K? The most I ever paid was 20,000K on a brand new car, it would have been highly unlikely to find an insurer who would have covered me for 14,000K. After 4 years I now pay 10,000K.