Nongprue tells residents to be patient over broken streetlights

Rimmer

Nongprue tells residents to be patient over broken streetlights

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue’s mayor told local residents to be patient as the sub-district’s engineers retrofit cheaply built streetlights with new fuse boxes.

Mai Chaiyanit said Dec. 19 that Nongprue must obtain a new budget allocation from the central government to afford controllers for the lights along Pattanakarn Road.

Residents have complained the high-intensity lamps often are dark, leading to poor visibility on a 200-meter stretch of the boulevard at night.

Mai said three Nongprue streets – Pattanakarn, Soi Siam Country Club and Soi Wat Sutthawat – have been lit for five years with the dual-headed posts, each with its own controller.

However, the lights were poorly designed, outfitted with controllers that can’t handle the temperature of extended uses. Hence the lights go out after a few hours of use.

He said new fuse boxes are expensive and the sub-district doesn’t have the money for them.

He asked residents to be patient as he is on the job, but waiting for more funds.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-28

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ronrat said:

Must be tough for those morons who insist on riding motorbikes and cars with the lights off.

There are so many who do this I believe that when a Thai buys a vehicle, the first job is to remove all the bulbs and sell them!

Just now, jacko45k said:

There are so many who do this I believe that when a Thai buys a vehicle, the first job is to remove all the bulbs and sell them!

That are also my thoughts, especially since I see plenty new bikes still on red plate, with no head or tail light

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

However, the lights were poorly designed, outfitted with controllers that can’t handle the temperature of extended uses.

49 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Who ordered these in the first place?  Name that official & check his bank balance.

Yes.... I agree...... You seem to know how things are done in Thailand.......... From Army Generals on down......

And the Quality is suggestive that they probably were ordered from CHINA with other 'Kick-backs' involved.......