Jump to content

Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament


webfact

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

They weren't talking about the meaning of Brexit.

 

They were talking May's so-called "deal".

Johnson said that she should go back to Brussels and tell them this won't wash and she wants a better deal.   JRM said that the government hadn't negotiated well  but neither of them said anything about leaving with no deal.  In fact JRM said that people were worried if we left under WTO rules.  Nothing from the weasel Gove or Fox as far as I know?  Very cautious comments coming from the gung ho brigade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

no, it doesn't stop Brexit

but as explained

it requires parliament to actively give its nod and say "go ahead, Brexit".

 

The slight problem is it's not within parliament's power to do that now.

 

If parliament does nothing we leave. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mrs May has a sense of duty, she will not walk away and leave the mess to someone else like Cameron did, I’m pretty sure about that. She will try to find a way through Parliament, a softer Brexit, or she will sanction a second vote. That’s why GBP strengthened yesterday. 

Her sense of duty to whom I would have to ask?

 

And duty is not necessarily the same as honour.

 

Apart from that she can't dance worth a sh1t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Many here are concerned with the pound. Understandable.

 

Krone has been crappy for more than 4 years already.

I donæt follow this closely,

but its not that long ago I got 5.5 baht for an oildollar, 3 years?

 

mai pen rai,

by and large the crappy exchange rates are signs that the Thai economy is improving, Thais should enjoy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nauseus said:

She has already survived the internal Tory no confidence challenge by your "hardliners". After this she is safe from her own for 12 months. Her government will probably scrape through the no confidence vote, today, as the Conservatives will do anything to keep Corbyn from No.10 and so actually unite. If she is going she has to quit herself.

I was referring to before she won the confidence vote.  JRM and Johnson have been lobbing hand grenades from the side-lines for two years and had numerous opportunities to challenge her as she has been weak and vulnerable for a long time.

 

I agree that she will survive the vote today thanks to her Tory MPs.  Many of whom have been her biggest critics.  Much of the chaos is because they are all playing party politics and motivated by self interest.  Nothing to do with what is best for the country.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ukrules said:

For there to be a hard brexit they don't need to vote.

In fact if they do nothing it will be a 'hard brexit' by default.

This is why they're all so busy trying to find some kind of deal.

Please keep up. It is just another deal now without a majority. Dream on if you think it will sit there at the end as the default.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I donæt follow this closely,

but its not that long ago I got 5.5 baht for an oildollar, 3 years?

 

mai pen rai,

by and large the crappy exchange rates are signs that the Thai economy is improving, Thais should enjoy

 

5 years since that now, I think. Yes the baht has done well for 3 years or so but not so good for tourists, pensioners and now exports a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, tebee said:

They need someone to blame for not delivering "their" Brexit.

 

If they became leader, then they would indeed be blamed for not delivering it themselves, as it's probably near as dammit to impossible.   

 

Posturing for after-the-chaos glory !

They will naturally all try to avoid blame. May included.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Her sense of duty to whom I would have to ask?

And duty is not necessarily the same as honour.

Apart from that she can't dance worth a sh1t.

Good to know that Hard Brexiteers moonlight as judges on Strictly Come Dancing.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I was referring to before she won the confidence vote.  JRM and Johnson have been lobbing hand grenades from the side-lines for two years and had numerous opportunities to challenge her as she has been weak and vulnerable for a long time.

 

I agree that she will survive the vote today thanks to her Tory MPs.  Many of whom have been her biggest critics.  Much of the chaos is because they are all playing party politics and motivated by self interest.  Nothing to do with what is best for the country.

Most of this chaos is directly down to the Maybot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I was referring to before she won the confidence vote.  JRM and Johnson have been lobbing hand grenades from the side-lines for two years and had numerous opportunities to challenge her as she has been weak and vulnerable for a long time.

 

I agree that she will survive the vote today thanks to her Tory MPs.  Many of whom have been her biggest critics.  Much of the chaos is because they are all playing party politics and motivated by self interest.  Nothing to do with what is best for the country.

Well, you could have said.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Johnson said that she should go back to Brussels and tell them this won't wash and she wants a better deal.   JRM said that the government hadn't negotiated well  but neither of them said anything about leaving with no deal.  In fact JRM said that people were worried if we left under WTO rules.  Nothing from the weasel Gove or Fox as far as I know?  Very cautious comments coming from the gung ho brigade.

Gove and Fox are presently onside.

Edited by SheungWan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

We were successfully trading with the furthest members of the Commonwealth long before joining the EU.

world trade has moved on from slaves and tobacco,the commonwealth is neither nowt nor something today and selling a few rolls royce's to africa and a few other tinpot countries isnt going to replace a continent's worth of trade 21 miles away,please stop clutching at straw's,even most MPs who wanted to leave have stopped dreaming this,these deals were nothing but hot air from BJ and farage,anyway brexit won the vote mainly because of immigration but its barely mentioned these days,its all talk about the damage leaving without a deal will do

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Much of the chaos is because they are all playing party politics and motivated by self interest.  Nothing to do with what is best for the country.

"what is best for the country" loosely translates as "anybody who disagrees with me should be boiled in oil"

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, tebee said:

The slight problem is it's not within parliament's power to do that now.

 

If parliament does nothing we leave. 

right tebee

I read you loud and clear

 

there are alternative views expressed here, consult SW

 

my name is not Basil but I am from Barcelona hence, understand boomboom all

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one has ever known what Brexit means - that is a Major part of the problem. Every Leave supporter has their own internal view of what it should be, but just try and get 17 million of them into a room and all agree and see what happens....
Completely untrue. Every leave supporter just wants to leave the EU. Not half in, half out. LEAVE. L - E - A - V - E.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

leaving is law  on march 29 so whatever they try to do is futile ,only hard or soft is the exit

 

how can you deal with the bloodsucking maggots in brussels ?you cant..first UK dumped the 3rd reich now to dump the 4th reich next

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

right tebee

I read you loud and clear

 

there are alternative views expressed here, consult SW

 

my name is not Basil but I am from Barcelona hence, understand boomboom all

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

watching Westminster Zoo right now,

words kinda fails me

 

debating a non conf in government, PM conducting the floor?

what the boomboom is this? something you invented after Braveheart passed away?

 

anyway,

it is tragic listening to the debate

it so bloody clear that the MPs bubble over with rambling lust because they have 

not discussed these important matters before

 

zoo

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Nonsense back at ya. She's made a complete mess of everything since she's been in and is allowed to resign at any time. Anyone with a shred if honour left would do that now.  

You voted for the clowns. Now perish with the clowns. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

leaving is law  on march 29 so whatever they try to do is futile ,only hard or soft is the exit

 

how can you deal with the bloodsucking maggots in brussels ?you cant..first UK dumped the 3rd reich now to dump the 4th reich next

another one who just cannot forget about WW2,the UK dumped the 3rd reich with the help of about 20 other nations,alone it WOULD of been mincemeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...