Stupid Bowl

Nyezhov

I'm with JT on this one. Gladys was the sole redeeming feature of the whole thing.

I'll freely admit I'm not a football fan.

But at my friends SB party, I think most people ended up not even watching it. My friends food she'd prepared became the topic of discussion.

I don't think I even remember the actual end of the game!

• Thanks 1

I watched the whole game, being neither a Rams nor a Patriots fan especially.

But once halftime was reached, I turned the volume off and went about doing some other things, knowing who was scheduled to be on the show. And that was even without seeing Mr. Tattoos with his shirt off -- which I only saw in photos afterwards in the news coverage commenting on how bad the halftime show was.

Frankly, I think the Saints MIGHT have given the Patriots a better run for their money, and the country/world a better game to watch. But who knows.....

Still, the championships track record of the Patriots under Brady and Belichick is remarkable.... just have a hard time getting personally enthused about it considering I'm not a New Englander.

• Like 1

when I still lived in the US watching the fans on the football game broadcasts was the most interesting bit, folks in costume and dancing about and enjoying themselves...in contrast to football matches in the UK where there is warlike tribalism with warrior chanting and menace...

but that's entertainment, I reckon...

'bbbut we speak the same language and share the same institutions? how much difference can there be?' 'ye just gotta be cool and stay offa public transportation when there's a football match in England...and god help yer ass if yer on a bus after a Rangers Celtic match in Glasgow and the sectarian protestant yobs mistake yer US accent for irish...'

'but what about the kilts and the bagpipes and etc?...' 'lets talk about protestant orangeman bigots marching thru irish catholic neighborhoods instead just like in northern ireland...it's all on the football pitch to see when Rangers an Celtic are playing...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

2 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

when I still lived in the US watching the fans on the football game broadcasts was the most interesting bit, folks in costume and dancing about and enjoying themselves...in contrast to football matches in the UK where there is warlike tribalism with warrior chanting and menace...

but that's entertainment, I reckon...

'bbbut we speak the same language and share the same institutions? how much difference can there be?' 'ye just gotta be cool and stay offa public transportation when there's a football match in England...and god help yer ass if yer on a bus after a Rangers Celtic match in Glasgow and the sectarian protestant yobs mistake yer US accent for irish...'

'but what about the kilts and the bagpipes and etc?...' 'lets talk about protestant orangeman bigots marching thru irish catholic neighborhoods instead just like in northern ireland...it's all on the football pitch to see when Rangers an Celtic are playing...'

Gotta admit, I was taken to a soccer game years ago by a work college.

I am used to US sports, where there is fan rivalry, but it's usually just good fun.

I was a little taken aback at how violent it was. The other thing I noticed was the lack of women. Go to any football, baseball, basketball game in the US and pretty large percentage of the spectators are going to be female of all ages