I don't miss U.K but I miss....

6 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Yes, thats a REAL sandwich

Real sandwiches have more layers.  Did you never watch Scooby Doo?

Back in the day I'd get home from work, put the sausages in the frying pan, put the grill on, put the kettle on, put the chip fat on the stove, start to peel the potatoes, bread under the grill, turn the sausages, finish peeling, turn the sausages, open the beans, turn the sausages, chips in the fat, water from the kettle in another pan, turn the sausages, turn the bread, beans in the pan, crack the eggs into the boiling water, instant coffee in the mug, turn the sausages, kettle back on, slice the cheese, water on the coffee, toast on the plate, turn the sausages, chips out the fat, cheese on the first piece of toast, put the poached eggs on top of the cheese, second piece of toast, scoop the sausages on top, beans on top, third piece of toast, chips on top, lashings of brown sauce and... not enough toast! you can tell I'm out of practice.  Not to worry, chips by the side, lashings of brown sauce, sit down at the table... smell the smoke, back to the kitchen, turn everything off, sit down again.

What could be nicer than a cheese and egg, sausages and beans, chip butty? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, poohy said:

Real beer! stuff that does not taste like horse p***s

Real food AKA fish n chips, Bangladeshi and Indian curries, Pakistan baltis, chinese curries  more beer, pub carvery yet more beer

cheap tasty cheese Wine (ok the odd bottle) oh and cider!

Oh did i mention beer

Off in 3 weeks........ YEEE HA!!!

WP_20180611_004.jpg

WP_20180615_001.jpg

How do you know what  horses 'pis$' tastes like?

On 3/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Now even though I count myself a bit of an Anglophile, even when I was working a lot in the UK back in the day, UK 'cuisine' was a 'challenge'

That just takes it to a whole new level of challenge! 

Imagine presenting that to a Thai?

On 3/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, colinneil said:

Being a Preston lad, i miss the butter pies, now most of you will not know what i am talking about.

Believe me they are great eating, potato, onion, butter, yummy.

Years ago they were called the Catholic pie, because most Catholics ate them on fridays, when meat was not allowed. 

Here endeth the history lesson.

I'm a Preston lad I went to school and was friend's with John Ashworth grand-son of the Ashworth pie dynasty.....Lancashire is the best place for pies....i'm trying to get my missus to make them- she's just mastered pizzas. 

UPDATE sad news from the past ...

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/business/pie-producers-ashworth-officially-out-of-business-1-147106

Edited by beautifulthailand99

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm a Preston lad I went to school and was friend's with John Ashworth son of the Ashworth pie dynasty.....Lancashire is the best place for pies....i'm trying to get my missus to make them- she's just mastered pizzas. 

UPDATE sad news from the past ...

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/business/pie-producers-ashworth-officially-out-of-business-1-147106

Remember Ashworths well ( Havelock street i think) they made damn good pies.

• Like 1

As there are some of these Northerners :w00t: on here, I thought they might appreciate this video. (note the bird's accent)

However, I, am just, a lowly 'southern shandy'...:biggrin:

I do miss Magpies, loved the way they'd swoop down into the garden, & scoff all the food that I'd put out!

Oh yea, I also really miss, decent thick sliced, smoked bacon!

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the new dawn of democracy here!! :crazy:

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Aye they did official suppliers to PNE as well. There is a World Pie Eating Championship in the world mecca of pies Wigan !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Pie_Eating_Championship

And I thought pie eating contests only existed in The Beano!

You learn something new every day on thaivisa!

Of course we Londoners have a different take on pies

image.png.3c16bcb74dbffe96af21a835108a517a.png

image.png

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 2