Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Eddie says sex-texts are nothing to do with Collingwood... Blames women who received them

UPDATE: COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has labelled star players Dane Swan and Travis Cloke “idiots” after explicit videos, photos and texts they sent on social media were leaked to the media.

According to a report in Woman’s Day, Swan sent a graphic video, sexually-charged texts and full-frontal nude pictures while Cloke sent a video and nude pictures including an image of himself performing a sex act.The AFL’s social media policy, which includes SMS and instant messaging, states the league is likely to view “accessing, downloading or transmitting any kind of sexually explicit material” as inappropriate.It is unclear when the photos and videos were taken. The magazine claims that the photos were sent to two women who wanted to remain anonymous.

“It would seem that somebody’s sucked these idiots into sending out photos and as a result they’ve got them and sold them to the media,” McGuire told Triple M today.

“Apparently they (the women) were offering them up to the TV stations who passed.”

McGuire said he didn’t believe it was a scandal for the club.

“It’s got nothing to do with Collingwood, ring their managers and the players’ association,” he said.

Collingwood later released a statement, saying it wasn’t taking the matter any further.

“The club is aware three currently listed players were involved in consensual exchanges of messages and pictures via Instagram,” the club said in a tweet.

“The exchanges have been on sale to media outlets for some time and as a result have been obtained and published by a media publication.

“At this point, the club will not take any action as it considers this a private matter for the players.”

McGuire agreed the images and videos appeared to contravene the AFL’s social media policy.

“Good to know Swanny’s got some room for some more tatts,” he joked.

Cloke, 28, is engaged to Rebeccah Panozza while Swan, 31, has been in a relationship with Taylor Wilson for eight years.

The Herald Sun is seeking comment from the AFL and the players.\

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-stars-dane-swan-and-travis-cloke-in-nude-photo-leak/news-story/a187987e4efa2aaadbd1757d153f3e0b

To be fair, I don't think Ed's really blaming anyone.

I reckon they probably were sucked in (pun intended) and the women involved made some

coin out of their stupidity.

The only victims I can see here are the players partners.

• Like 2

E

To be fair, I don't think Ed's really blaming anyone.

I reckon they probably were sucked in (pun intended) and the women involved made some

coin out of their stupidity.

The only victims I can see here are the players partners.

I reckon Eddie chooses his words fairly deliberately

No doubt the players only have themselves to blame, being in relationships and high profile, just silly on their part

I have nothing against sexting in general and encourage women to participate at every opportunity

• Like 2

"COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has labelled star players Dane Swan and Travis Cloke “idiots” "

First time I have agreed with Eddie

Interesting Eddie said it has nothing to do with Collingwood, but then goes on to say quite a lot

'

Classic spin tactic of painting the women who sold it as having 'suckered in' a couple of 'naive' idiots'. Poor old Collingwood players, conned by some scheming women

Be interesting how their long term partners view the sexting

I'll put on my tin foil hat for a wee moment...

Now I know Collingwood supporters are from the most enlightened of supporters, but bear with me, could it have been the partners of Cloke and Swan that shopped the photos around? OR... Could it have been Cloke and Swan themselves who shopped the photos around, just for, lets say a few "shits and giggles"?

Taking off the tin foil hat... I'm probably giving them a bit too much leniency by suggesting they'd come up with such a cunning stunt wink.png

It isn't such a bad theory GS

I'll remember that for future times

One for you FJ... Ask the coach: North's Brad Scott will answer your questions

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-19/ask-the-coach-norths-brad-scott-will-answer-your-questions

FJ, can you ask Brad for me why Majak Daw is still on the list?

Because they don't make em 7foot tall and built like a brick shithouse every day of the week WILL....and there's always that chance he might come good....I recall jim Stynes early games, I mean you would have had to be a clairvoyant to have had any faith in him.

• Like 1

405460-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Michael Johnson has re-joined the leadership group in 2016.

Regaining his spot in the leadership group had always been an underlying ambition for Michael Johnson, who attributed his 2016 selection to the trust he’d gained through his improved work ethic and seasoned football experience.

“It shows they believe in me and trust me on and off the field,” he said.

“I’ve always wanted to make sure my performance and the off-field stuff was going in the right direction.

“Being 31, having a lot of experience game wise and being around an AFL club and the system for a long time leans in my favour.”

Introducting your 2016 leaders

Johnson acknowledged the importance of his leadership amongst his Indigenous teammates, many of who voted for him in the leadership group selection.

“Most of my votes did come from those guys, it’s good to see the brothers look after me a bit,” Johnson admitted.

“I’ve led the boys ever since all the players I looked up to left the club.

“As long as I be myself and keep driving those guys along to perform well and be part of the group, that’s all they need.”

Hill thrilled with Freo's Indigenous culture

Johnson endorsed David Mundy as new Fremantle captain, and said he would emphasise accountability and not hesitate to say what needs to be said.

“Game day is me just voicing my opinion, being demanding on my teammates and playing my role for the team,” Johnson said.

“He’s (Mundy) demanding on a lot of players and I’ve copped it many times.

“He stands up on big games and performs for the team, and I’ve seen the growth in David since we got drafted in 2004.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-19/ask-the-coach-norths-brad-scott-will-answer-your-questions

Because they don't make em 7foot tall and built like a brick shithouse every day of the week WILL....and there's always that chance he might come good....I recall jim Stynes early games, I mean you would have had to be a clairvoyant to have had any faith in him.

Yeah but you still think Jack Watts is going to come goodtongue.png

Yeah but you still think Jack Watts is going to come goodtongue.png

You naughty man WILL your trying to bait me.....9 seasons and he is an average player....but I'm sure his value will rise as we go up the ladder.

• Like 2

Since the Bombers are down players id like to donate on loan like they do in the round ball game Tyson to them...who you ask? thats why I'm sending him on loan over to windy hill.

You have lost me on that one Alex...

Ahhh ok...need to educate you ....In soccer a club can send out on loan to any club interested a player that is not required for that season, in some cases the Big clubs who have a wealth of talent and not ready to to slot the player into the first team but far to good to be playing in the 2's will loan out for a season or half to a lesser club often in lower division where this type of player most likely will play in the senior team and gain match experience way better than if he was kicking the dew around in the 2's at his club.

In some cases the loaned out player will have a price tag attached and if new club likes the guy will make a bid at seasons end, an advantage for a lower club is they get a player who they often could not normaly afford to buy or keep on there books for long unless there promoted to a higher division, also a loaned player once again is often seen as having a future and would not normaly be looking at playing senior football in a lower division.

In the case of me offering Tyson to the Bombers on loan with option to buy is Roos and co think he's a promising midfielder, i think he's making up numbers.

• Like 1

Another good pickup for Essendon. Maybe that 50-1 for the top eight isn't such a crazy bet.

Reports: Kelly Joins Bombers

Posted: 20 January, 2016 by Triple M Footy

Several media outlets are reporting that Essendon have signed former triple premiership Geelong star James Kelly as their latest top-up player.

Kelly joins the Bombers a day after former Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley signed up with the beleaguered club.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1453256256.212851.jpg

Essendon have been given permission by the AFL to sign up as many as 10 top-up players after 12 of their senior players received year-long suspensions from the Court of Arbitration for Sport last week for doping offences.

Agreed, probably see Stokes join in the next day or so as well...

Another good pickup for Essendon. Maybe that 50-1 for the top eight isn't such a crazy bet.

Reports: Kelly Joins Bombers

Posted: 20 January, 2016 by Triple M Footy

Several media outlets are reporting that Essendon have signed former triple premiership Geelong star James Kelly as their latest top-up player.

Kelly joins the Bombers a day after former Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley signed up with the beleaguered club.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1453256256.212851.jpg

Essendon have been given permission by the AFL to sign up as many as 10 top-up players after 12 of their senior players received year-long suspensions from the Court of Arbitration for Sport last week for doping offences.

Agreed, probably see Stokes join in the next day or so as well...

They'll do okay for 5-6 games, then the oldies will start to get injured...tired..

• Like 2

Yes bookie your dam right, there's a reason there all retired or delisted, throw in new coach new club new game plan that even the 10 remaining bombers hardly know.

Back in the 70's it might have worked to some degree but not in the 2000's, dogs were lucky that the heavens aligned last season with a new coach doubt they will even match it this season, yet they didn't import half the AFL pensioners the bombers are doing.....for all the clubs that finished below the Dons last season they now start one place higher hehe.

• Like 2

Sharpen your pencils boys and get your check books ready, Hogan has put on weight and been sharpening his marking, as if he was a slouch at that, he will be just a bit harder this season to man up on, if he don't get the second year blues in his third he will be on everybody's radar, out of contract in 2017 Dee's keen to sign him long term before seasons end, Dee's know they need to have a good season to be able to keep him, his manager wants to see a future before committing, which means if Dee's don't improve Hogan will be up for grabs, meanwhile Goodwin is taking more control in game play area in preparation for taking over.

• Like 2

Sharpen your pencils boys and get your check books ready, Hogan has put on weight and been sharpening his marking, as if he was a slouch at that, he will be just a bit harder this season to man up on, if he don't get the second year blues in his third he will be on everybody's radar, out of contract in 2017 Dee's keen to sign him long term before seasons end, Dee's know they need to have a good season to be able to keep him, his manager wants to see a future before committing, which means if Dee's don't improve Hogan will be up for grabs, meanwhile Goodwin is taking more control in game play area in preparation for taking over.

Melbourne cannot lose Hogan...

Imagine if hawthorn picked him up?

If Sydney did, well, that's another matter entirely

• Like 2

Yes bookie your dam right, there's a reason there all retired or delisted, throw in new coach new club new game plan that even the 10 remaining bombers hardly know.

Back in the 70's it might have worked to some degree but not in the 2000's, dogs were lucky that the heavens aligned last season with a new coach doubt they will even match it this season, yet they didn't import half the AFL pensioners the bombers are doing.....for all the clubs that finished below the Dons last season they now start one place higher hehe.

How is Essendon to afford these 10 top up players?

10 x $200,000? = $2 million

that's on top of the current player salaries who are suspended.

• Like 1

One player don't make a team......even Franklin joining the Swans didn't win you a premiership, of course didn't do any harm either....Hogan would require his intended new club to cough up quite a bit to the Dee's if he were to go, free agency on the other hand I'm not sure i like, to many players coming into there prime able to move to in most cases top clubs, in the good old days when North was able to build up a premiership team they had the 10 year rule, well at least these guys were in there last year or two and still had it in them but then again North only picked the top of the crop so not a hugh loss like a Dangerfield to the Cats.

One player don't make a team......even Franklin joining the Swans didn't win you a premiership, of course didn't do any harm either....Hogan would require his intended new club to cough up quite a bit to the Dee's if he were to go, free agency on the other hand I'm not sure i like, to many players coming into there prime able to move to in most cases top clubs, in the good old days when North was able to build up a premiership team they had the 10 year rule, well at least these guys were in there last year or two and still had it in them but then again North only picked the top of the crop so not a hugh loss like a Dangerfield to the Cats.

Buddy nearly won one for us...best player for the Swans in the 2014 GF where we got hammered by Hawthorn.

Lewis jetta had a shocker that game, and although about 15 other players were dosed up on sleeping tablets, i blame him more.

He is at West Coast now, so not our problem

• Like 2

Luke Parker has signed a 5 year extension contract. His new contract expires in 2021. Good news for the Swans.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-01-22/luke-parks-long-term

Yep.

Future Brownlow winners Dan Hannebery and Luke Parker locked away for 5 years.

Has Parker played since breaking his leg?

No he hasn't, but he has been training okay from reports

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-12-15/parker-returns-to-full-training

Swans midfielder Luke Parker has returned to full-intensity training for the first time since fracturing his ankle and sitting out this year’s finals series.

The 23-year-old was eased back into pre-season initially, focusing on “getting the miles back in the legs”, but has increased his workload over the past two weeks and has all but fully recovered from the injury suffered in Round 20 against Collingwood.

An in-season operation, which involved inserting a 20cm rod to fuse the three-way fracture back together, sidelined Parker for the rest of the season including the qualifying final against Fremantle and semi-final against North Melbourne.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1