Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Word from soi Bondi is that Talia will be back training with the Swans in 2 weeks having met with the Leadership Group yesterday...

Who do u reckon he would replace in the team, if he came back?

19 hours ago, Ron19 said:

AFL 2012 Training - Fremantle 191212

FREMANTLE development coach Peter Sumich has decided to end his tenure at the Dockers immediately after it was confirmed over the weekend that he would be leaving the club at the end of the season.

A report had emerged on Saturday that Sumich was set to leave the club after serving as a senior assistant and development coach over the past five seasons.

Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich confirmed to 6PR on Sunday that Sumich would be leaving the club at the end of the season.

However, the club released a statement on Monday confirming that Sumich would instead leave the club immediately.

Fremantle general manager of football operations Chris Bond told the club's website on Monday that the decision was made by mutual agreement. 

"The decision, which was by mutual agreement between Peter and the club, allows Peter more time to start planning for the next phase of his career," Bond said. 

"From the club's perspective it provides us with an earlier opportunity to finalise our coaching structure for 2017.

"Peter brought a wealth of football knowledge and experience with him when he joined Fremantle in 2011 and has made a significant contribution to the progress and development of the club during the past five seasons.

"We wish Peter all the very best in his future endeavours."

Sumich had joined the Dockers in October 2011 after 11 seasons at West Coast as an assistant coach.

"I would like to thank the Fremantle Dockers for giving me the opportunity to come from another AFL club and broaden my football knowledge," Sumich said in a statement. 

"I am now looking forward to the next phase of my career."

The Dockers are in the midst of reviewing their current coaching structure. Rosich said on Sunday that review was likely to be completed by the end of August with recommendations for a restructure due to be presented to the Fremantle board. 

Brad Hardie going into bat again for his South Fremantle buddy.

Why we shouldn't be surprised about Peter Sumich...and what it says about Freo

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/why-we-shouldnt-be-surprised-about-peter-sumichand-what-it-says-about-freo-20160810-gqp7eh.html

Word on the Soi was that Suma pretty much had the WCE job sown up but presented poorly at interview whereas Simmo presented so well, it was hard to overlook him.

I'm glad we got Simmo anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Brad Hardie going into bat again for his South Fremantle buddy.

Why we shouldn't be surprised about Peter Sumich...and what it says about Freo

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/why-we-shouldnt-be-surprised-about-peter-sumichand-what-it-says-about-freo-20160810-gqp7eh.html

Word on the Soi was that Suma pretty much had the WCE job sown up but presented poorly at interview whereas Simmo presented so well, it was hard to overlook him.

I'm glad we got Simmo anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

Freo should try and swap him for Mr Hogan now.

Fyfe looking shakey...lacks confidence in Lyon
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/nat-fyfe-will-look-at-other-options-if-he-doesnt-see-growth-success-at-freo-20160810-gqpofz.html

I have not seen this type of position taken from a player before. Telling the media he wants to see the coaches blueprint for the future. Doesn't say much for communication between the star player and coach.

Fyfe wants multiple premierships and if he stays at Freo he might not be seeing any premierships so that has to weigh on his mind.

Can't help but think that Freo has missed its premiership window...The players didn't play like they believed in the game plan this year and you can only push player so far

Lucky Freo locked Lyon in for 5 years

• Like 1

Fyfe is an absolute, old style champion who leant his footy in the bush.

He is not what clubs generally favour these days, a race horse type athlete who has to learn how to play the game after excelling in the sprints and jumps at the academy. The type who never quite masters a one grab mark, or how to kick on their wrong foot. The type who run around the back of the packs calling for a handball from a real player.

He is a great, all round player who deserves the most he can get from his business and that probably won't involve the failed club, Fremantle.

However, after 14 surgeries, prospective clubs may be wary of paying an injury prone player big money on a long contract.

Fyfe should try to get in a complete injury free season before making these sort of demands.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Fyfe looking shakey...lacks confidence in Lyon
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/nat-fyfe-will-look-at-other-options-if-he-doesnt-see-growth-success-at-freo-20160810-gqpofz.html

I have not seen this type of position taken from a player before. Telling the media he wants to see the coaches blueprint for the future. Doesn't say much for communication between the star player and coach.

Fyfe wants multiple premierships and if he stays at Freo he might not be seeing any premierships so that has to weigh on his mind.

Can't help but think that Freo has missed its premiership window...The players didn't play like they believed in the game plan this year and you can only push player so far

Lucky Freo locked Lyon in for 5 years

Reminds me a bit of when Juddy left the Eagles.

It used to be the club interviewing the player but Juddy turned it around and was interviewing the clubs.

Sort of changed the landscape a bit.

Reading it, it seems that Brad Hardie's column a while ago about Fyfe not being the most popular down at the Port

and the players wanting Mundy as captain might have more than a touch of truth in it.

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Fyfe is an absolute, old style champion who leant his footy in the bush.

He is not what clubs generally favour these days, a race horse type athlete who has to learn how to play the game after excelling in the sprints and jumps at the academy. The type who never quite masters a one grab mark, or how to kick on their wrong foot. The type who run around the back of the packs calling for a handball from a real player.

He is a great, all round player who deserves the most he can get from his business and that probably won't involve the failed club, Fremantle.

However, after 14 surgeries, prospective clubs may be wary of paying an injury prone player big money on a long contract.

Fyfe should try to get in a complete injury free season before making these sort of demands.

Yep, I agree.

Fourteen surgeries and breaking the same leg twice could be career ending.

That's why I reckon Freo should act now if possible and try and get a swap with Hogan.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Yep. It was a remarkably naive to state what he saidpublicly...maybe shows Fyfe beleives his own hype a bit too much. Now he puts the club and Lyon in a difficult public position.
Rumour is he ha shown interest in Sydney but we have a no d**ckheads rule so he might not pass muster

Well if he was to come to Sydney, he will be given the nickname Humpty Dumpty... They might go after him after Mitchell heads down to Tijuana next year and Sydney's track record is good for 1) pulling off coups and 2) reforming dickheads... 

I probably wouldn't discount Kirk's influence either...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BookMan said:

Who do u reckon he would replace in the team, if he came back?

Hard to say and probably largely depends on Reg Grundy I reckon... Given he's arguably in career best form, it's hard to knock him not playing on next year (think he's still got a season left?)

• Like 1

Fyfe quote:  

"I firmly believe I can get back to being as good if not better than I was. I'm really excited by that prospect." 

Gee!,, when your knob is that highly polished, you would have the wear your sunglasses at night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Well if he was to come to Sydney, he will be given the nickname Humpty Dumpty... They might go after him after Mitchell heads down to Tijuana next year and Sydney's track record is good for 1) pulling off coups and 2) reforming dickheads... 

I probably wouldn't discount Kirk's influence either...

Be interesting what trade compensation Sydney will get for Mitchell..

The Hawks really have SFA to offer up...pic 18?  Sorry, that's been traded Sydney...Oh...we dont have any players u want to trade either.

Sydney will have to take it up the arse on this one...They could be spiteful and put Mitchell into the pre season draft and let Carlton or Freo or West Coast pick him up..but maybe pick 35 is better than no pick...

I'm hoping Hawks are on the way down and Tradebait Tommy has 5 long years of declining fortunes.

Sam Reid wont play again this year...in fact he hasn't played at all. The guy is hopeless... I'm going to say it again...I was one of the few advocating retiring Goodes a year early and keeping Membrey...If ony they had listed to 'ol unsentimental Bookman!

11 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Hard to say and probably largely depends on Reg Grundy I reckon... Given he's arguably in career best form, it's hard to knock him not playing on next year (think he's still got a season left?)

Grundy has a couple more years left i reckon. Unlike Teddy he is in career best form. Teddy was struggling last year and should have called it quits...but I think Sydney talked him into one more year...Turned out we had a host of newbies to pick up the slack. Callum Mills, Aliir Aliir, Zac Jones, Harry Marsh...and we still have Laidler to come back

As for Talia...He is an unknown for us.. We picked him up as pretty much the only KPD we could get last year with the AFL imposed trade restrictions they put on us...He played a couple of NAB games and one game this season?... Spent the rest of the year recovering and snorting coke with his Hawthorn mates...No wonder tommy Tradebait is so keen to get down there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

OMG the kid won the brownlow last year....every team in the land would have him.....

He would want to go to a genuine premiership contender for the next 5 years...so that rules out Melbourne, St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane, North, Port, Richmond... Gold Coast is about to lose its 2 best injured midfielders and Ablett might retire end of next year so they have the money and need a marque player...Now the Hayne Plane has signed with the Gold Coast.

Sydney doesnt want him...he has long hair and seems like a t.wat

Gws dont need him

Hawks will have him, but only if he will take $500k cash under the table

Adelaide will take him for $300 k a season

West Coast...strong contenders IMO for Fyfe
Collingwood...Nope,

Western Bulldogs...They already have one player on a squillion...cant see the fit there.

Geelong...They'd love ol Fyfey

• Like 1

Ballantyne wants out of Freo. 

Rory Lobb Doing a Cam McCarthy and wants in to Freo

Fiery Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne has joined superstar teammate Nat Fyfe in exploring trade options in an escalating fallout from a disastrous Dockers season.

Ballantyne has stunned some of this closest connections with confessions he could leave Fremantle at the end of this season, despite having another year to run on his contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/fremantle-shock-as-hayden-ballantyne-joins-list-of-dockers-looking-elsewhere-20160812-gqr90i.html

EMERGING Greater Western Sydney star Rory Lobb could seek a shock trade to his home state Western Australia at season's end.

The 23-year-old is contracted to the Giants for 2017, but both Perth clubs have become aware of the potential of him wanting out.

With Aaron Sandilands playing possibly his final season next year for Fremantle as a 34-year-old, Lobb looms as a key Dockers target.

But their scope to provide viable currency is seemingly diminished by negotiations that require deals to be struck for Lobb's GWS teammate Cam McCarthy and Hawthorn wingman Brad Hill.

The Giants' general manager of football, Wayne Campbell, toldAFL.com.au on Friday he had not heard any whispers about Lobb wanting to go home.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/emerging-giant-rory-lobb-could-seek-shock-trade-to-wa-club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

Ballantyne wants out of Freo. 

Rory Lobb Doing a Cam McCarthy and wants in to Freo

Fiery Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne has joined superstar teammate Nat Fyfe in exploring trade options in an escalating fallout from a disastrous Dockers season.

Ballantyne has stunned some of this closest connections with confessions he could leave Fremantle at the end of this season, despite having another year to run on his contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/fremantle-shock-as-hayden-ballantyne-joins-list-of-dockers-looking-elsewhere-20160812-gqr90i.html

EMERGING Greater Western Sydney star Rory Lobb could seek a shock trade to his home state Western Australia at season's end.

The 23-year-old is contracted to the Giants for 2017, but both Perth clubs have become aware of the potential of him wanting out.

With Aaron Sandilands playing possibly his final season next year for Fremantle as a 34-year-old, Lobb looms as a key Dockers target.

But their scope to provide viable currency is seemingly diminished by negotiations that require deals to be struck for Lobb's GWS teammate Cam McCarthy and Hawthorn wingman Brad Hill.

The Giants' general manager of football, Wayne Campbell, toldAFL.com.au on Friday he had not heard any whispers about Lobb wanting to go home.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/emerging-giant-rory-lobb-could-seek-shock-trade-to-wa-club

Woah, if true, sounds like all is not right at Freo.

Ballas always seemed like a heart and sole Docker.

I'd have him at WC in a heartbeat, even at 29.

The article about Lobbe is by Damien Barrett so take it with a pinch of salt.

If he wants to come back however, would love him at the Eages.

A genuine contested mark.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The article about Lobbe is by Damien Barrett so take it with a pinch of salt.

If he wants to come back however, would love him at the Eages.

A genuine contested mark.

I have to agree with you, there certainly sounds like something is on the nose down there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

I have to agree with you, there certainly sounds like something is on the nose down there.

Might have something to do with them going from first to near last in one year.

Authoritarian coaches only keep the players on side when they're winning.

• Like 1

Just imagine that,, Hayden a Weagle..

Ballas crumbing at ground level from good ruck supply,, ferocious tackling and smothering,, powerful accelerating out of the packs,,

Oh!  If only he could be taught to spin like Judd.

The helmet will keep him off the phone,,

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

West Coast already have 3 tools with man buns.

If they recruit Fyfe, I'm jumping on the Dockers.

The biggest tool of the lot is that dick Masten.

He was arrested at the Oz day fireworks for fighting about five minutes after the Eagles wasted a high draft pick to get him.

He gets a lot of possessions running around outside the packs and sprays pretty well all of them!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The biggest tool of the lot is that dick Masten.

He was arrested at the Oz day fireworks for fighting about five minutes after the Eagles wasted a high draft pick to get him.

He gets a lot of possessions running around outside the packs and sprays pretty well all of them!

Agree with you there mate.

150 of the softest game you will ever see.

• Like 1