Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Just read this.... I might be leaning back towards Freo... kennedy coming late to perth...missed two days of training!

Sydney Swans star midfielder Josh Kennedy will make a late dash to Perth on Friday ahead of Saturday's clash with Fremantle after remaining in Sydney for the birth of his first child.

Kennedy did not travel with the team on Wednesday and was absent from the Swans' training session at Domain Stadium on Thursday.

Swans coach John Longmire confirmed that midfielder would be travelling on Friday morning.

"He's coming across, he'll be playing," Longmire said on Thursday.

"Ana was fine, (the) baby's fine. He'll be coming across first thing in the morning. It was his first, a boy.

"It's great everyone's healthy, which is the main thing."

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2015/4/wb-v-adel#/round/CD_R201501403

This mean the Swans will be all go for the game. Have a win and wet the babies head afterwards.

Edit

I hope

Yeah... kennedy's head might not be in the game now... Tired from staying up late with his new child and his wife. His mind filled only with thoughts of fatherhood and the universe.

he is such a crucial player to Sydney winning this weekend.

Certainly makes it worth considering freo again...

You boys know that Joey's punching well above his weight, right? I'm sure he's been well prepared for these 'late nights' ;)

This might explain his less than usual display last week though...

You boys know that Joey's punching well above his weight, right? I'm sure he's been well prepared for these 'late nights' wink.png

When the ball is passed to him he might get lost in thought: "This Sherrin could be baby Joey! So small. So delicate. I can't kick baby Joey's head!'

• Like 1

You boys know that Joey's punching well above his weight, right? I'm sure he's been well prepared for these 'late nights' wink.png

When the ball is passed to him he might get lost in thought: "This Sherrin could be baby Joey! So small. So delicate. I can't kick baby Joey's head!'

Haha! Do you mean Ana gave birth to a football?? That's stretching it.

• Like 1

Dockers v Swans

Just been up to the local barber, Carlo’s, for a haircut.

Carlo’s is patronised by several Dockers including Pav.

Pav was in for a tidy up this morning and Josh cut his hair.

Legend has it that the Dockers have always won the game following Josh cutting Pav’s hair.

So,,, looks like Freo are a dead cert then,, a certain as it could get for tomorrows game.

• Like 2

Dockers v Swans

Just been up to the local barber, Carlo’s, for a haircut.

Carlo’s is patronised by several Dockers including Pav.

Pav was in for a tidy up this morning and Josh cut his hair.

Legend has it that the Dockers have always won the game following Josh cutting Pav’s hair.

So,,, looks like Freo are a dead cert then,, a certain as it could get for tomorrows game.

A great tip joboss. One o fthe more unusual I have seen here.

I will certainly consider backing the Dockers!

• Like 2

Looking at everyones margins,i dont recall them ever being this high for this time of year.

Just goes to show how unpredictable early games are this year.

Will this round continue on?

Tough round. 7 out of 9 would be a terrific effort this week

• Like 2

I don't rate Richmond and didn't think they'd make the 8, but I thought

they would get over Melbourne.

Probably a coach killer for hardwick, can't see him keeping his job this

year, even at this early stage.

Rance best fullback in the comp........yeah right!

• Like 2

For your info guys Melbourne matches up well against Richmond, often hard to pick between them, Tigers not really showing anything to flash at the moment, Dees have league high stats in some important areas that's why I went for them, were an unknown quantity still and I don't expect to much from them but I figured the stats kinda spoke for them selves against a team like the Tigers.

• Like 2

I thought they would make much more of a contest than they did tonight.

Further to that.

Roos and his team are getting more out of their players. I'd put Richmonds player list before Melbournes, but Hardwick and his team don;t seem to get the bets out of them

• Like 1

Further to that.

Roos and his team are getting more out of their players. I'd put Richmonds player list before Melbournes, but Hardwick and his team don;t seem to get the bets out of them

I was reading a liftout earlier this year that says Hardwicks win/loss ratio is is 46%.

This is his sixth year so you can't really say he hasn't been given a fair crack. Contracted

until the end of 2016, I can't see him holding his job if Richmond don't make the eight.

And so far they have only beaten Carlton and Brisbane, who more than likely will finish bottom 4.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

I'm with Duck on this.

Wayne Carey questions whether Travis Cloke is 'overrated'

Carey, a Fairfax Media columnist, told the AFL website he felt Cloke may be overrated because he had returned

only one haul of seven goals in his 11-year career.

"He may be the most overrated big forward in the game. Don't get me wrong – he is a great contested mark but ... he

has kicked seven once in his footy career and that was against an undermanned Richmond a couple of years ago [in 2013]," Carey said.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/wayne-carey-questions-whether-travis-cloke-is-overrated-20150424-1msh6p.html

Edited by Will27

I'm with Duck on this.

Carey, a Fairfax Media columnist, told the AFL website he felt Cloke may be overrated because he had returned

"He may be the most overrated big forward in the game. Don't get me wrong – he is a great contested mark but ... he

has kicked seven once in his footy career and that was against an undermanned Richmond a couple of years ago [in 2013]," Carey said.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/wayne-carey-questions-whether-travis-cloke-is-overrated-20150424-1msh6p.html

Why do you guys read that dribble?

Why would half the clubs want him when he was coming out of contracts?

Carey has to write something and the more controversial it is the better, Cloke brings the ball down, kicked goals and makes smaller players around him stand taller that's his worth...apart from a couple of obvious forwards who kicks bags of 7 these days?

I'm with Duck on this.

Why do you guys read that dribble?

Why would half the clubs want him when he was coming out of contracts?

Carey has to write something and the more controversial it is the better, Cloke brings the ball down, kicked goals and makes smaller players around him stand taller that's his worth...apart from a couple of obvious forwards who kicks bags of 7 these days?

Clubs want him because he is a big power forward. Forwards, like ruckmen get paid over the odds

and good luck to them. Cloke signed a 5 year contract believed to be at over $800 000 per year.

As far as "these days", Carey is talking about his whole career which started in 2005.

Regardless, Carey rates Cloke but the question was, "is he overrated". No doubt in my opinion.

I usually rate what Carey has to say. I thought you would as well seeing he backed your boy Watts.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/melbourne-demons/weve-all-felt-fear-on-the-footy-field-so-lay-off-jack-watts-20150424-1mrjhl.html

So what do you think Alex, Watts still going to be that star you reckon he will be?

At quarter time Saints leading 33 to 8. With 14 minutes left in the 2nd quarter they lead 34 to 26.

Leading 52 - 32.

Carlton looks awful. Embarrasing really.

his looks like a 0/2 tipping start for me blink.png

Looks like you will 1/2 Carlton leading by 33 points 4th quarter

• Like 1

Omg the Blues won.

As for Watts to much hype too soon at the worst club ever in his first 3 seasons that should give you an idea of what I think, big boy key position body excellent kick to position athletic learning to play the way Roos wants all his players to play..... Team football, 18 players on the ground at the same time, even Franklin wouldn't have been much chop at the Demons in recent years, let's talk about it at seasons end, I do think Watts will have an impact this season but maybe not as that key forward all expected of him.

• Like 2

Omg the Blues won.

As for Watts to much hype too soon at the worst club ever in his first 3 seasons that should give you an idea of what I think, big boy key position body excellent kick to position athletic learning to play the way Roos wants all his players to play..... Team football, 18 players on the ground at the same time, even Franklin wouldn't have been much chop at the Demons in recent years, let's talk about it at seasons end, I do think Watts will have an impact this season but maybe not as that key forward all expected of him.

Pick 1 brought with it a lot of expectations, unfairly for him. Roos will get the best out of him.

Franklin is not a good comparison. he would perform at any club

Perhaps Sam Butterfingers Reid is a better one

• Like 1

Omg the Blues won.

Pick 1 brought with it a lot of expectations, unfairly for him. Roos will get the best out of him.

Franklin is not a good comparison. he would perform at any club

Perhaps Sam Butterfingers Reid is a better one

I'm not sure if the expecations were unfair.

Not his fault but that's what happens when you're drafted at number 1.

At best I think he'll be a fair footballer.

• Like 1