Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Oh don,t get me wrong I am not a Collingwood supporter it is just they are fair game in Australia, I am probably a sadder case because I am a Dockers supporter and cry my self to sleep everynight

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think the style police are a bit touchy, nothing disrespectful about my experience with the fairer sex after all I was in a relationship with each one at different times just sharing the fridge episode with a few of the brothers...I did get them all to Barack for the Dee's as it was pre equat before moving in, they all looked good in the red and navy blue scarfs and beanie, one loved the chips at the G...

You behave Radar you hear me? see what you went and did....

To keep it on the Footy Thread....Grant and I play in the Fantasy Grand final this weekend we are selling tickets to the game at $100 a seat all you can eat and drink as long as its Leo and phad Thai and can get to my condo...

• Like 1

Melbourne

Last premiership: 1964
Drought: 52 years

After the Western Bulldogs' premiership triumph this season, Melbourne now holds the longest flag drought. Their last premiership victory came in 1964 when legendary coach Norm Smith won his sixth VFL premiership. The Demons have appeared in just two Grand Finals since, in 1988 and 2000. The Demons, who led by 11 points at the final change, surrendered the lead to their rivals in the fourth quarter but a late winner from defender Neil Crompton ensured the flag was theirs. Smith was infamously dismissed from his coaching job the following year, sparking the so-called Norm Smith 'curse'.

Coach: Norm Smith
Captain: Ron Barassi
Norm Smith medalllist: The Norm Smith Medal, named after the Melbourne coach, wasn't struck until 1979.

In 1964…
'
Beatlemania' swept across Australia as the mop-topped English band made their way Down Under for the first time. - Ben Guthrie 

• Haha 1

I see WILL is in a good mood this morning does that mean the Weagles will fall over the line this coming weekend? you know the Blues will be threatening there due for a win away from Vic....dont wanna mosse ya but you know...

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Melbourne

Last premiership: 1964
Drought: 52 years

After the Western Bulldogs' premiership triumph this season, Melbourne now holds the longest flag drought. Their last premiership victory came in 1964 when legendary coach Norm Smith won his sixth VFL premiership. The Demons have appeared in just two Grand Finals since, in 1988 and 2000. The Demons, who led by 11 points at the final change, surrendered the lead to their rivals in the fourth quarter but a late winner from defender Neil Crompton ensured the flag was theirs. Smith was infamously dismissed from his coaching job the following year, sparking the so-called Norm Smith 'curse'.

Coach: Norm Smith
Captain: Ron Barassi
Norm Smith medalllist: The Norm Smith Medal, named after the Melbourne coach, wasn't struck until 1979.

In 1964…
'
Beatlemania' swept across Australia as the mop-topped English band made their way Down Under for the first time. - Ben Guthrie 

Yes it was the Norm curse...6 flags in 10 years played in 8 GF's in that time,  12 flags to date which is a hell of a lot more than half the clubs in the comp I might add....still 11 more than the Saints 9 more than the Swans orgs it 8? 10 more than the Bulldogs etc etc , WARNING WARNING WILL Robinson when were good we win a lotto flags close together......thats our history...3 hat tricks...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oh I thought the AFL forum was closed down as inappropriate.  Stopped by this morning to give it to Alex and my end said closed and thought a little strange with finals a couple of weeks off.  Thought how can I dump on the Dee's when the saints destroy all their dreams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Oh I thought the AFL forum was closed down as inappropriate.  Stopped by this morning to give it to Alex and my end said closed and thought a little strange with finals a couple of weeks off.  Thought how can I dump on the Dee's when the saints destroy all their dreams.

Yes brother Chooks...Radar was being naughty he got us into trouble kinda worked out well anyway your not to worry WILL had a good go at me this morning so saved you from giving me stick on the up and coming game that we both need to win.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ron19 said:

Eddie McGuire will return to AFL's The Footy Show after a 12-year absence but it was his stunning weight loss that proved a bigger topic of discussion on Thursday.

It was announced last month McGuire, who was the original host of the program when it started in 1994, would replace host Craig Hutchison to address a slight dip in the ratings.

Speaking to Today, McGuire said he was "jumping out of his skin" about his return to The Footy Show before the conversation quickly shifted to his remarkable weight loss.

"To be honest, there's not many fat 90-year-olds around the place," McGuire said.

"I looked out the window one day and saw this fat bloke walking towards me and realised I was looking in the mirror"

"I thought I better get myself going here, I've got a couple of young blokes and there's a lot of life left to be lived and I just knuckled down and got myself sorted."

Host Karl Stefanovic asked: "Is it true you didn't eat for two weeks or something?"

McGuire replied: "Yeah this is not for everybody but for me I went on this Chinese diet.

"You drink these Chinese herbs, they taste like Yarra water, it's the worst thing I've ever tasted in all my life."

Stefanovic interrupted: "You're lucky to be alive."

McGuire: "It was the Yarra water and fresh air diet for two weeks and then you gradually bring the food in.

"Basically what it is is you store fat because when we were cavemen and cavewomen you were holding it on in case there was no wildebeest that winter so I didn't eat wildebeest for three weeks.

"I got it off and I've kept it off. Now I can train really well because I'm not lumping around an extra 20 kilos. It's been good. I recommend it to everyone."

McGuire, who started every show "What a big week it's been in football", said he was looking to his return and working with his old sparring partner, Sam Newman.

"Can't believe we're back again," McGuire said.

"1994. Wow. Unbelievable, but jumping out of my skin for tonight.

"It's going to be great. 8:30pm, Channel Nine. Going to be back on the old Footy Show alongside Rebecca Maddern who of course wasn't there in 1994, I think she was in about grade 3.

"But Sam Newman was 70 back in 1994, he's still there. That's good.

"Everything we used to have, breaking news, the best interviews, they topics and a lot of fun.

"That's what it's going to be."

Well what great ground breaking news there RON....now we know the reason for the diet....The Footy Show to be come less crass than its ever been.....Me a man of well I like to think some class has avoided like the Yarra water ed's been drinking that show since gees thats how long its been going? yes I turned off after season 1 maybe half way through season 2, Ed did keep a tight rein on it and it was the undoing of his fabulous career in TV when he left to run Channel 9 realising later he didn't have idiots to control in 9 like he had in the Footy Show but real smart people who were into running an entire tv station...

The Million dollar show he was on sucked like the Lions as a format good old Ed made it work, even a reasonable radio man is Ed so bring back LL Duce Benito Ed MaGuire the trains will run on time again.....

• Like 1