Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

See your boy Heeney did well in the awards Bookmanthumbsup.gif

You must have installed TeamViewer on my PC FJ...biggrin.png

Heeney, not bad for half a season. 19 years old.

Luke Parker , most courageous. Only 22.

Speaking of the results here they are:

2015 results

post-147205-0-53107800-1442364998_thumb.

2014 results

post-147205-0-76671300-1442365007_thumb.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Divisions and politics at GWS.. Offered two consecutive years of first round draft picks for Treloar and said no? Collingwood is offering what? Jesse White?

Greater Western Sydney chairman Tony Shepherd has played down reports of divisions within his fledgling football club and has declared his "complete confidence" in chief executive Dave Matthews who comes out of contract next month.

Admitting the Giants faced a challenging trade period and that recruiting and trade decisions had been the subject of robust debate, Shepherd told Fairfax Media: "All footy clubs have tensions and tensions are good." He said that GWS was negotiating a new long-term deal with Matthews.

A lack of cohesion between the club's football department and executive were highlighted last week first when Richmond protested over Adam Treloar's decision to name Collingwood as his club of preference and then when the club initially denied that another young gun Cameron McCarthy was seeking a trade.

Richmond offered the Giants both their first-round draft picks from 2015 and 2016 for Treloar with Tigers boss Brendon Gale calling Matthews last week to question whether the Collingwood deal had already been achieved. Matthews is understood to have then questioned his recruiting staff and football boss Graeme Allan. Richmond has said they had not given up on securing Treloar.

Shepherd insisted no final deal had been reached with the Magpies and that Allan had kept the club's football committee abreast of all potential trades. "The deal is not done until it's done," he said. The club remains insistent this week it will not trade McCarthy despite an offer from Fremantle estimated at more than $600,000 annually.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/greater-western-sydney-giants-play-down-talk-of-divisions-20150914-gjmhj7.html#ixzz3lrKxliiS

Does Jack Watts deserve one more chance?

Melbourne has given Jack Watts plenty of chances, some supporters might say too many.

Come the trade period, there is now a very real possibility the Demons will cut their losses and take what they can get for the former No.1 draft pick – while he might still have some market value and before he comes out of contract as a free agent at the end of 2016.

The players have been told the club wants "competitors" next year, and the list management team are prepared to make tough calls to improve the list.

Watts said his exit interview went "very well" and that he was "very comfortable" with the assurances he had been given.

But clearly he is one in the gun.

"It was pretty simple, it was just the contest stuff wasn't quite there the last three or four weeks leading into it," Watts said this week in explaining why he was dropped for the final round against Greater Western Sydney.

"I've got to go and improve in this off-season and I'm confident I can do that and work my way back."

The axe will swing on the careers of a number of Demons players whom the club feels do not possess the new hard edge required to wear the red and blue. It's just a matter of how many are lining up in the gallows, and whether Watts is granted a stay of execution for another 12 months.

There is the view that a parting of the ways would be the best thing for both player and club.

Former list manager Chris Pelchen told Fairfax Media's Jon Pierik back in May that an opposition club might be willing to gamble a second-round pick in what is being speculated as a "weak draft" to get Watts.

Breaking the connection with the mobile forward might also take the sting out of the continued, rubbing-your-nose-in-it second guessing of Melbourne's decision to take Watts over Nic Naitanui (pick No.2) in the 2008 draft.

Watts could probably use a break from that, too, and perhaps at a new club he could get the closest thing to a clean slate he could ever expect.

Considering the disproportionate level of criticism he wears in comparison to basically every other player in the league, the 115-gamer deserves credit with the respectful, giving way he handles the media.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/does-jack-watts-deserve-one-more-chance-20150916-gjo1jx.html#ixzz3lx4Muh5G

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

We dont talk about the umpires to much.

But i think there has been a few balls ups with consistently different opinions on deliberate out of bounds and incorrect disposals as well as blocking.

Which umpires deserve Gigs this week?

Does anyone take any notice of who they are or do we just heckle them as an umpire in general after a bad decision.biggrin.png

Just read the 2015 law of protecting the player with the ball,first sentence says that a players back will be protected.gigglem.gif

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

So, what's the real story with Buddy?

I'm hearing rumours about affairs with other wags and team mates not wanting him around. (The Carey thing again!)

When it started my first thoughts were that it was female trouble, particularly when they announced mental illness and his fiancé was jetting off to Japan at a time you would think she was most needed.

What's the inside knowledge?

I'm hearing rumours about affairs with other wags and team mates not wanting him around. (The Carey thing again!)

When it started my first thoughts were that it was female trouble, particularly when they announced mental illness and his fiancé was jetting off to Japan at a time you would think she was most needed.

Chinese whispers if you listen to the AFL CEO.

Chinese whispers if you listen to the AFL CEO.

Lance Franklin rumours ‘absolutely laughable’, says Sydney chairman Andrew Pridham Pridham yesterday took the unusual step of dismissing one of the wilder stories, that Franklin had been caught having a sexual dalliance with a teammate’s partner and the players had pressured Franklin out of the club.

“I’ve heard that one,’’ Pridham said.

“On that specific one, I’m extremely close to the other player and it’s laughable, absolutely laughable.

“The player doesn’t even have a partner, by the way, so it would be a neat trick.

“I’ve heard all the rumours and I wouldn’t say we investigate them, but certainly the most substantial and salacious-type rumours — I’m comfortable they’re false.’’

Pridham said he was disappointed and frustrated by the personal attacks on Franklin.

“It’s a reflection of the society we’re in,’’ he said.

“It’s unfair. Sometimes the more outrageous rumours are more believable to some people. What can you do about it?

“That’s the cross these high-profile people have to bear. People say stuff, make stuff up, I don’t know where the stuff comes from.

“I’ve heard countless rumours (about Franklin),” he said.

“Can I say 100 per cent categorically they are all wrong? I can’t, because I don’t follow him around.

“But I know where he’s at and I know him well enough to say, I’ve great confidence (in him) and I don’t put too much store in rumours.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/lance-franklin-rumours-absolutely-laughable-says-sydney-chairman-andrew-pridham/story-fnp04d6y-1227530787265

Just read the 2015 law of protecting the player with the ball,first sentence says that a players back will be protected.gigglem.gif

And yet the standard tackle these days is to leap on the ball carriers back, pinning his arms, riding him face first into the dirt while pretending to twist him sideways. Allowable by umpires.
  • Like 1

So there's the rumours [understandably scotched by management], what's the story?

Whose the player that doesn't have a girlfriend?

If that player comes out and says its not true,well then its not true.

Edited by farmerjo

I think these rumours took off after Monday night's "Open Mike" - surely if there was any truth to them they would've been the first cab off the rank?

Somchai's been up all night trying to contact his brother Somkid who's got a som tam cart down on Campbell Parade in Bondi, but he's not returning calls...

Somchai's early impression were to take it all with a spoonful of pla ra and remember it was Caro Wilson who broke that story with nothing else from the usual suspects.

• Like 2

I think these rumours took off after Monday night's "Open Mike" - surely if there was any truth to them they would've been the first cab off the rank?

Somchai's been up all night trying to contact his brother Somkid who's got a som tam cart down on Campbell Parade in Bondi, but he's not returning calls...

Somchai's early impression were to take it all with a spoonful of pla ra and remember it was Caro Wilson who broke that story with nothing else from the usual suspects.

Tim Watson gave Caro a huge serve on Talking Footy this week.

Apparently she wrote an article about Buddy possibly having a 3rd strike

and having other off field problems.

Based her story on rumours going around on social mediarolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Melbourne has given Jack Watts plenty of chances, some supporters might say too many.

Come the trade period, there is now a very real possibility the Demons will cut their losses and take what they can get for the former No.1 draft pick – while he might still have some market value and before he comes out of contract as a free agent at the end of 2016.

The players have been told the club wants "competitors" next year, and the list management team are prepared to make tough calls to improve the list.

Watts said his exit interview went "very well" and that he was "very comfortable" with the assurances he had been given.

"It was pretty simple, it was just the contest stuff wasn't quite there the last three or four weeks leading into it," Watts said this week in explaining why he was dropped for the final round against Greater Western Sydney.

"I've got to go and improve in this off-season and I'm confident I can do that and work my way back."

The axe will swing on the careers of a number of Demons players whom the club feels do not possess the new hard edge required to wear the red and blue. It's just a matter of how many are lining up in the gallows, and whether Watts is granted a stay of execution for another 12 months.

There is the view that a parting of the ways would be the best thing for both player and club.

Former list manager Chris Pelchen told Fairfax Media's Jon Pierik back in May that an opposition club might be willing to gamble a second-round pick in what is being speculated as a "weak draft" to get Watts.

Breaking the connection with the mobile forward might also take the sting out of the continued, rubbing-your-nose-in-it second guessing of Melbourne's decision to take Watts over Nic Naitanui (pick No.2) in the 2008 draft.

Watts could probably use a break from that, too, and perhaps at a new club he could get the closest thing to a clean slate he could ever expect.

Considering the disproportionate level of criticism he wears in comparison to basically every other player in the league, the 115-gamer deserves credit with the respectful, giving way he handles the media.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/does-jack-watts-deserve-one-more-chance-20150916-gjo1jx.html#ixzz3lx4Muh5G

The saga continues......trade bait for sure, I watch Dee games so I know better than you guys his worth, if there is a good offer he will be let go but it would need to be a good offer, tall quick excellent kick to position, key position player though Dee's play him wing defence and midfield, maybe never going to be the player most people thought he would be but in a better team he would be worth a lot more too.

I'm a fan of his I think he's very close to being what we hope it's not like he alone has been responsible for fade outs slow starts and losses, it's a team thing.

Tim Watson gave Caro a huge serve on Talking Footy this week.

Apparently she wrote an article about Buddy possibly having a 3rd strike

and having other off field problems.

Based her story on rumours going around on social mediarolleyes.gif

Ooooo I can't stand that female, pity her hubby if she has one, I never read beyond the first paragraph of any of her articles, she's a typical old style "Truth" newspaper reporter.

The saga continues......trade bait for sure, I watch Dee games so I know better than you guys his worth, if there is a good offer he will be let go but it would need to be a good offer, tall quick excellent kick to position, key position player though Dee's play him wing defence and midfield, maybe never going to be the player most people thought he would be but in a better team he would be worth a lot more too.

I'm a fan of his I think he's very close to being what we hope it's not like he alone has been responsible for fade outs slow starts and losses, it's a team thing.

Trade bait,Carlton might have him otherwise he might be out of luck.

Your not an ex second hand car salesman are you?smile.png

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

Don't be so sure, he has some worth out there it comes down to what they want to give for him, he just like a lot of guys in weak teams they all look like there getting payed to much when compared to results, I doubt Watts wants to get traded in fact I doubt there are any Dee's wanting out with the staff that's come in over the past 2.5 years most will want to go along for the ride which is expected to be up...

• Like 1

But i think there has been a few balls ups with consistently different opinions on deliberate out of bounds and incorrect disposals as well as blocking.

Does anyone take any notice of who they are or do we just heckle them as an umpire in general after a bad decision.biggrin.png

I don't know any of their names, but i recognise a couple of the regular ones.

No idea who gets the GF gig.

There seems to be a lack of consistency in paying holding the ball when they players are 20-30 metres out from goal. just because it is tight and under pressure should the rule not be applied?

The diabolical decision against Richmond last week was just one example of recent times where it isnt paid close to goal

• Like 1

Lol no I'm not an ex car sales man.....I know my players....I'd take watts over Howe any day, and last time I looked he wants the Dee's to table an offer apparently he wants to stay, he's another player that would be valuable in a better team.

There are a few fringe players who been there 3 to 4 years who can't get a regular game there the ones who should be cleaned out....

• Like 1

There seems to be a lack of consistency in paying holding the ball when they players are 20-30 metres out from goal. just because it is tight and under pressure should the rule not be applied?

The diabolical decision against Richmond last week was just one example of recent times where it isnt paid close to goal

I reakon Cunningtons wasn't paid as an even up for Zeibells high tackle 10 seconds earlier,which is wrong.

Lol no I'm not an ex car sales man.....I know my players....I'd take watts over Howe any day, and last time I looked he wants the Dee's to table an offer apparently he wants to stay, he's another player that would be valuable in a better team.

There are a few fringe players who been there 3 to 4 years who can't get a regular game there the ones who should be cleaned out....

Bit of a catch 22 for the dees?

They need to retain some experience...

and to be able to attract some decent and experienced players to the club? They must have a shitload of cash they can pay for some decent players...

They have missed out the last number of years with Gold Coast and GWS getting so many priority picks

You do not know of Ray (the mouth) Chamberlan. Have a look tomorrow. You will not miss him. He is not a Swans fan

• Like 1

You do not know of Ray (the mouth) Chamberlan. Have a look tomorrow. You will not miss him. He is not a Swans fan

Razor Raysmile.png

Just googled afl umpires and it gives a complete list.

Edited by farmerjo

No catch 22 dees in same boat as the rest they think they have a fair list some will have to go turning over half a dozen players a year to freshen the list is inportant everyone does it if watts is one of them so be it but I think he's worth keeping.

We got a goal to goal line they just need more time together and a few flankers to support them.