Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

There are always the Navy bases in Plymouth and Portsmouth who would jump at the chance. Imagine the effect of the job gains there and the jobs lost to Scotland.

Nothing new there Bill, Kinloss has been a shadow of it's former self since it became an army camp a few years back. A fraction of the personnel and little civilian employment, nobody in Westminster gives a xxxx.

A lot more on the cards, irrespective of independence.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37876561

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

Yes. The response was to comments about countries that use the green back.

That is not correct, you listed the failed states in post 249 which was in response to my post regarding Adam Price.

Your post had nothing to say about Adam Price and Wales and certainly nothing to do with the green back. Posted to promote your own agenda.

They are the best location if you live in the south of England, but not if you live in Scotland. The best option, in my opinion, would be to scrap the white elephant immediately. There are others that are suggesting we rent Faslane to England indefinitely, but I would prefer that we make a deadline of 2 years for England to find an alternative location. 

A BRITISH ASSET is the answer

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

42 minutes ago, bomber said:

how did Ukip do in the local elections? ???????? you were correct it was a blood bath they started with 71 councillors now they have 17,hold on tight to that crystal ball ????????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/may/02/local-elections-2019-live-results-for-english-councils

Just a temporary screen …, but it looks not good for for the Conservatives bully's here …., better keep the blood pressure tablets or anxiety at hand  :cheesy:

I wonder if J.C. should call another no confidence vote , if the Liberals and a part of the Conservatives would vote with , as this the only way to get quick removal of  T.M.?:ermm:

I know this is only local , but a trend for the feeling of the voters ...and it could be a repair action for the conservatives for next election..., or not ?

2019-05-03_173357.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Nothing new there Bill, Kinloss has been a shadow of it's former self since it became an army camp a few years back. A fraction of the personnel and little civilian employment, nobody in Westminster gives a xxxx.

A lot more on the cards, irrespective of independence.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37876561

I never served in Scotland though I did a couple of weeks at Lossiemouth on detachment back in 1975. 

Quite a few RAF camps ended up as Army or RM barracks though if I was honest, even in the UK if the RAF were to put a single aircraft at all those stations that were closed, they would have to borrow the lot from the RAF museum and even then there would not be enough.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just a temporary screen …, but it looks not odd for the Conservatives bully's here …., better keep the blood pressure tablets or anxiety at hand  :cheesy:

I wonder if J.C. should call another no confidence vote , if the Liberals and a part of the Conservatives would vote with , as this the only way to get quick removal of  T.M.?:ermm:

2019-05-03_173357.png

the pro remain Lib Dems the big winners,Tories and Labour now know what they have to do and not to fear Ukip or Farages 8th attemp at being part of a sovereign UK govt,they will realise now and revoke article 50 

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just a temporary screen …, but it looks not odd for the Conservatives bully's here …., better keep the blood pressure tablets or anxiety at hand  :cheesy:

2019-05-03_173357.png

If TM had any sense of honesty and decency she would wait the weekend out and resign on Tuesday or Wednesday. Retire to the back benches, keep very quiet, and not stand at the next GE, and perhaps the outgoing Tory government might get her elevated to the HoL. Something I would be very unhappy about.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

If TM had any sense of honesty and decency she would wait the weekend out and resign on Tuesday or Wednesday. Retire to the back benches, keep very quiet, and not stand at the next GE, and perhaps the outgoing Tory government might get her elevated to the HoL. Something I would be very unhappy about.

she's more likely to look at the result and see that people have voted for a pro remain party and have a vote in the HoC to revoke A50 which the MPs will do with a big majority.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

she's more likely to look at the result and see that people have voted for a pro remain party and have a vote in the HoC to revoke A50 which the MPs will do with a big majority.

That would be great, but I guess she is already been happily following the ERG guidelines for the past years, she is not able to do that. 

Sometimes stupid slogans are way more powerful than well thought logic. 

Britain has unfortunately proven to be a country of big feelings of the past, not a country of logic of the future. Our western Italy.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

I don't get the impression like that , as she still declares to follow the wish of the referendum an still deliver Brexit  (read > vote her A 50,as that is by her thinking delivering Brexit ,)

it looks like she does not like loosing face .

(My impressions after see and  hear her  comments on the election losses...)

Brits you have nothing seen yet from this woman P.M. :w00t: The only way to get her out number 10.. =

a11.jpg

Edited by david555

Ruth Davidson said:

"The majority of Scots don't want this, and if they need a voice to stand up to Nicola Sturgeon, I will be that voice.

"I don't agree with re-running a referendum in which the main signatories - including Nicola Sturgeon - said it would last for a generation. She's done everything she can to rip that agreement up since then."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48093908

That break clearly did Ruth and the Scottish branch of the nasty party well - yesterday the SNP won the Dundee North by-election with 46.8% of the vote and taking control of the council.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bomber said:

the pro remain Lib Dems the big winners,Tories and Labour now know what they have to do and not to fear Ukip or Farages 8th attemp at being part of a sovereign UK govt,they will realise now and revoke article 50 

You are reading this wrong. Wait for the EUP elections.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bomber said:

Or she might just see it as a massive anti Tory protest vote. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is not correct, you listed the failed states in post 249 which was in response to my post regarding Adam Price.

Your post had nothing to say about Adam Price and Wales and certainly nothing to do with the green back. Posted to promote your own agenda.

7 hours ago, aright said:

Yes. The response was to comments about countries that use the green back. The US dollar is not Westminsters prime currency.

But if you insist countries which to use your expression emerged successfully from under the burden of Westminster rule did so as a result of the organization of Westminster rule not the currency. India a good example.

I thought the response I gave to RR cleared up the confusion. Are you his spokesman now?

As for your silly comment regarding promoting agendas. Isn't that we all do when we give an opinion on this forum or are you quiescent in this activity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

EU elections mean nothing to man in the street and why rejoice at winning seats in a organisation you detest,its a bit like a rangers fan winning a celtic season ticket, i read nothing wrong UKip performed woefully even when Labour and the tories took a hammering and a pro brexit party did better than a they could ever of dreamt of,thats the facts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Or she might just see it as a massive anti Tory protest vote. 

the huge Lib Dem gains are indeed an anti tory vote,the people who voted for the anti brexit Lib dems party obviously want May to scrap brexit or they will vote Libdem at the next GE,if they wanted brexit delivered they would of voted Ukip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

EU elections mean nothing to man in the street and why rejoice at winning seats in a organisation you detest,its a bit like a rangers fan winning a celtic season ticket, i read nothing wrong UKip performed woefully even when Labour and the tories took a hammering and a pro brexit party did better than a they could ever of dreamt of,thats the facts

UKIP has fallen in popularity - Batten has made a mistake with his association with Tommy R.

The Lib Dems have benefitted from CON and LAB voters (leave and remain) being disgusted with both parties over Brexit. These are local government elections and people regard them as inconsequential relative to the importance of Brexit.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

the huge Lib Dem gains are indeed an anti tory vote,the people who voted for the anti brexit Lib dems party obviously want May to scrap brexit or they will vote Libdem at the next GE,if they wanted brexit delivered they would of voted Ukip.

Enjoy the dream. I will wait for the EUP results.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Can't wait...

Clearly the Brexit parties have been hit hard, Tories and sitting on the fence Labour just had a bloody kicking in the nuts, UKIP annihilated...

The Lib Dems & The Greens both very clear remain parties done extremely well.

Yes 20 day to go, Brexiteers will be very nauseous.

• Haha 2

Just now, Basil B said:

Can't wait...

Clearly the Brexit parties have been hit hard, Tories and sitting on the fence Labour just had a bloody kicking in the nuts, UKIP annihilated...

The Lib Dems & The Greens both very clear remain parties done extremely well.

Yes 20 day to go, Brexiteers will be very nauseous.

See my posts above. I'm not throwing up right yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

UKIP has fallen in popularity - Batten has made a mistake with his association with Tommy R.

The Lib Dems have benefitted from CON and LAB voters (leave and remain) being disgusted with both parties over Brexit. These are local government elections and people regard them as inconsequential relative to the importance of Brexit.  

well your brexit mate teddy was calling the election anything but inconsequential a few days ago as Ukip were going to spill blood,maybe he meant tommy has going to chin somebody ???? ????  probably the wife ???? again

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bomber said:

well your brexit mate teddy was calling the election anything but inconsequential a few days ago as Ukip were going to spill blood,maybe he meant tommy has going to chin somebody ???? ????  probably the wife ???? again

Well talk to Teddy then. 

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Enjoy the dream. I will wait for the EUP results.

nothing will change in the UK,we make the decisions that effect our lives,the EU laws barely effect us other than gramms and kilograms,a few bulldogs in the EU parliament wont change your life or mine for the better,your dreaming if you think different

• Haha 1