American impromptu speedboat adventurer pays up and apologises

rooster59

American impromptu speedboat adventurer pays up and apologises

By The Thaiger

9717-2.jpg

PHOTO: Parker Bishop pays the repair bills and apologises to the owner of the boat

Remember our aspiring American speedboat driver, who jumped in a speedboat at Ao Nang Beach and headed off for Koh Phi Phi?

“We received a report from Ms Apissamai Sangjan that her speedboat, which was moored at Ao Nang Beach, was stolen on April 19. An allegedly drunken tourist jumped in, started the engine and drove away.”

That allegedly drunk American was Parker Wilson Bishop.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/american-impromptu-speedboat-adventurer-pays-up-and-apologises

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-28

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

:wub:

The boat owner also confessed to the stupidity of leaving the ignition key allowing the boats engines to be easily started.  Nice to know that alls well that ends well. Guess he is going back home now to get a haircut and have shave. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

35 years ago my best friend and I were about 60% in on a cradle sized bottle of Cutty Sark on Phi Phi Don.  We borrowed a yacht moored in the bay to do a bit of island hopping.  We didn't get far before we dropped anchor, passed out and then woke up the next day with life threatening hang overs and no water.

We sailed back and moored the boat.  Swam to shore. And carried on chipping away at the Cutty.

Edited by Khaeng Mak
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

35 years ago my best friend and I were about 60% in on a cradle sized bottle of Cutty Sark on Phi Phi Don.  We borrowed a yacht moored in the bay to do a bit of island hopping.  We didn't get far before we dropped anchor, passed out and then woke up the next day with life threatening hang overs and no water.

We sailed back and moored the boat.  Swam to shore. And carried on chipping away at the Cutty.

Wow what a male legend you are ... not!

• Sad 1

350000 baht or > 11,000 USD.  That seems pretty high, given the general price of labor in Thailand.  But, if negotiations were not allowed, I would pay up the 11k USD to get my ass out of the Thai jail and court system.  But I am in general not too stupid to get into such a mess and can afford such things but am smart enough to not do such things also!