One dead, many injured in Phang Nga bus crash

webfact

One dead, many injured in Phang Nga bus crash

By The Thaiger

PHOTO: Newshawk Phuket

60513493_2250870391829471_14409135873830

One person has been found dead while many others have sustained injuries in a Phang Nga bus collision this morning.

Newshawk Phuket reports that emergency responders were notified of the incident this morning on Phet Kasem Road, southbound, in Borsane, Thapput in Phang Nga.

The collision was between the the tour bus and a silver pick-up. Both vehicles have sustained serious damage as a result of the collision.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phang-nga/one-dead-many-injured-in-phang-nga-bus-crash

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-20

It looks like the pickup driver was at fault... The ThaiVisa.com detective in me would draw the conclusion that based on the final position of the pickup and the frontal left side impact on both vehicles the pick-up was on the wrong side of of the road at time of impact... 

The pickup didn't make the corner for whatever reasons, too fast or fell asleep, crossing the centre line. It appears that the bus may have tried to swerve to the right at the last second to avoid the pickup... 

Yes... I guessed all this from a handful of photos....  I now expect full criticism from those posters who have nothing better to write than criticism of those who discuss such events and how they may have occurred... they will use the phrase 'arm-chair-detective'... it makes them feel smart and critically objective !!!

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

In the final picture of the news article my plaudits go to the guy taking a whizz into the engine compartment of the pickup presumably to douse a small fire while others just stand and watch...????

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phang-nga/one-dead-many-injured-in-phang-nga-bus-crash

Are you sure he was taking a wiz , he might of been taking a selfie  . Funny what turns folk on .

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

It seems fairly clear from the photos the pick seemed to be travelling the wrong way as both the bus and pickup have damage to their left front .

And all this from a mere news story and photo? It is fairly clear that I wasn't there, am not qualified to determine which vehicle was driving which way, nor determine any mitigating causes of the accident. Some have supernatural powers of deduction I suppose. Why the need for any investigation when they can be consulted?

36 minutes ago, Benmart said:
10 hours ago, keith101 said:

It seems fairly clear from the photos the pick seemed to be travelling the wrong way as both the bus and pickup have damage to their left front .

And all this from a mere news story and photo? It is fairly clear that I wasn't there, am not qualified to determine which vehicle was driving which way, nor determine any mitigating causes of the accident. Some have supernatural powers of deduction I suppose. Why the need for any investigation when they can be consulted?

And you managed to write all of that without using the term 'armchair detective' or 'Thai Visa CSI'... must have been difficult to write 4 lines but still manage to come up with nothing of any interest whatsoever.... 

And AGAIN!  Another lovely safe day on Thailands roads...never disappoints does it, always making sure to live up to it's highest international fatality standards...welcome to the land of smiles....