Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

I have owned my condo for the last 7 years, and I just got around to register online for the 24 hour reporting, after I filled in the form and submitted it, I got the message that Duplicate Accomodation name.

24h registration 2.JPG

4 minutes ago, AmericanSafety said:

If I am flying into BKK and staying at my house, I supply the address to immigration upon arrival. Why would I need to do this a 2nd time?

It is their rule

• Haha 1

I seem to be way behind.

Who needs to fill a TM30?  I stay in Thailand several months a year.  I arrive as a tourist and get a first 30 day extension and then a 60 day extension based on being married to a Thai.  I then go back to Europe or the USA until the following year.  I have never been asked for a TM30.

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

have more money 

Not sure when thousands come to teach here for meegre salary.  Even too many who are retiring here.  It's clear that you know only the poorest Thais here.  

Edited by Petchou

You need the TM30 to be filed for you. When you go to get your extension they may ask you for it and fine you if it has not been filed. They are now applying this rule. Before, most Immigration officers ignored it.
It is not you responsibility to file it, but that will not stop you being fined

I seem to be way behind.

Who needs to fill a TM30?  I stay in Thailand several months a year.  I arrive as a tourist and get a first 30 day extension and then a 60 day extension based on being married to a Thai.  I then go back to Europe or the USA until the following year.  I have never been asked for a TM30.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!..

Of course not, farangs dont drive taxis. only thais, you cant report a protected species.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iforget said:

The legal burden of reporting is on the owner of the building, not the occupant. Always been that way. Of course, if the owner can't be bothered/doesn't know how.....

Pleaser see sections 38 and 4 of the Immigration Act. In the quote below from section 4, I have highlighted in bold the definition of House-Master as applicable for a rented residence.

House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Therefore, in section 38:

House-Master = tenant

Owner = owner

Possessor = tenant

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pattjock said:

I have done this for years using a browser on my PC. This has been for reporting myself living in my own condo.

I downloaded the app and logged in using my old login name and password and everything seems to work fine, well done.

Really ? Can you provide the exact URL ? 

Yes, we are. We steal their women, take all the jobs and have more money and better education than them.

Wouldn't you be scared ???? ????

You forgot 2 buying up all the property in a Thai name and turning them into a christian

19 minutes ago, dsj said:

I have owned my condo for the last 7 years, and I just got around to register online for the 24 hour reporting, after I filled in the form and submitted it, I got the message that Duplicate Accomodation name.

24h registration 2.JPG

Try using Google chrome browser.

Just now, stanleycoin said:

Try using Google chrome browser.

This is in Google Chrome I am using. The agent who sold me my condo is checking with the previous owner as they were foreigner as well.

Yes, we are. We steal their women, take all the jobs and have more money and better education than them.

Wouldn't you be scared ???? ????

You forgot to mention that we also consider ourselves to sublimely superior drivers.

Love it. Xenophobia alive and kicking in Thailand. Report foreigners here!!!

Just image, just for a second or two, if Australia, UK or US introduced a similar policy.

There would be worldwide outrage.

41 minutes ago, AmericanSafety said:

If I am flying into BKK and staying at my house, I supply the address to immigration upon arrival. Why would I need to do this a 2nd time?

Because they want you to comply with the law.

BTW, if your house is under Chiangmai Immigration's jurisdiction, sounds like could be in for a mountain of woe.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

still waiting for the user name and password two weeks after registering, IT is not a Thai strength

Agree.

I don't know where you are based. In CM, after registering on a Friday and having no feedback, I went to the tm30 office on the following Monday and the helpful lady gave me username and password right there.

I had passport and yellow book with me, needed.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

still waiting for the user name and password two weeks after registering, IT is not a Thai strength

Same for me. Entered all info on the website including copy chanote, passport, etc. Now waiting for weeks already to get approved. According to the website info the process should not take more than 7 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What is the use of this information? Why does the police need to know everywhere I am at all times? Are foreigners a danger to Thai's?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Some foreigners certainly are. Remember the Erawan Shrine bombing? As I recall it, one of the reasons it took the police so long to find some of the suspected perpetrators was because they had changed addresses several times and the owners or house masters had not reported then via TM-30.

If memory serves, it was also after this bombing that we first started hearing that the authorities were going to start cracking down on people not submitting TM-30's.