Thai Elite Headache

There is a consumer ombudsman or something like that in Thailand. Hopefully, another member will come and post the contact details.

Take it to the ombudsman immediately.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also, the question you should be asking them is how they can issue 1x5 year membership if they needed proof of payment (or did you send proof of payment for the initial 500,000baht transaction)?

You're correct.  That question never crossed my mind.  I will admit, I was a little stunned during the whole conversation.  I had a hard time accepting what I was being told, especially when I was constantly being reminded it was my fault.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

She was actually correct , you should have showed PROOF OF PAYMENT !!

kidding ????

Seriously though getting angry achieves nothing and will work against you especially over the phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i can imagine they have some new staff, btw it took me a month to be issued the original confirmation, i can only think the 2 months is people at imm. wanting extras, as for the rest of missing this or missing that and not confirming etc, if you get a 5 year first then later 20 year, would you still be liable for a discount, even after waiting to receive the second 500k, or if have time enough, go down to the office in sathorn in person to avoid any other confusing customer servicing, and try to get a clearer picture for your self on your options, maybe do what another poster had done and get a written confirmation of the money being returned,as its been an extremely messy process 

4 minutes ago, wisperone said:

All that and it only cost 1,000,000. You must be making a good salary in Thailand to pay that much to stay in the country.

How is it that they don't have the ability to check your account.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

All my money was made in the USA and now I live on passive investment income.  I was lucky to be born in the USA and understand how to maximize wealth in a crony capitalism economy and retire and move to SE Asia at 33.

I'm not sure what your asking about don't have the ability to check your account.  If you clarify, I will do my best to answer.

3 minutes ago, marke985 said:
9 minutes ago, wisperone said:

All that and it only cost 1,000,000. You must be making a good salary in Thailand to pay that much to stay in the country.

How is it that they don't have the ability to check your account.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

All my money was made in the USA and now I live on passive investment income.  I was lucky to be born in the USA and understand how to maximize wealth in a crony capitalism economy and retire and move to SE Asia at 33.

I'm not sure what your asking about don't have the ability to check your account.  If you clarify, I will do my best to answer.

I think he means check their account so they can see proof of transfer from someone with your name.... that perhaps 'dot's the T's and crosses the I's' but someone will need to check this properly and cross-check the Thai Elite Bank Account, which will mean someone who has access to the account, those why have account access (the accountant) is unlikely to consider their position within such a company one of 'service', thus they'll want a reference number to cross check everything so that finally the T's can be crossed correctly and I's appropriately dotted (and no metaphors mixed)

Thus: Get Proof of payment, with a reference numbers etc, get back on script (as 'ukrules' put it) and this issue should hopefully slip away... 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, marke985 said:

Highly sensitive, insecure farangs , always seem to collide with Thailands deeply ingrained bureaucracy  with predictable results.

Edited by wordchild
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

move on to a more welcoming location.

This will be considered tomorrow after I sleep on it.  You lose faith in a company that they will be able to deliver what they've promised for 20 years after being told incorrect information and not being able to get a competent answer to some questions.

2 minutes ago, marke985 said:

This will be considered tomorrow after I sleep on it.  You lose faith in a company that they will be able to deliver what they've promised for 20 years after being told incorrect information and not being able to get a competent answer to some questions.

welcome to Thailand where incompetence flourishes.

Saying that, other south east asian countries are not much better.

Christ even Australia, called my bank in Oz yesterday and asked to issue with new cards.

Provided an address, was very clear house number 52, he sends it out to house number 53 and tells me to ask neighbors to bring it over.

Well dumb dumb, i would if i lived in Australia instead of visiting for 4 days to pick up cards and few more things

Again, just relax, call back and speak with someone else.Worst case leave the country, stay nearby and then demand manager to reimburse you for the losses or add another year onto visa for your troubles

After Thai Elite received the approval letter from Immigration for my 20 year visa, the same lady emailed me that my 5 year visa was ready for payment, but she fixed the mistake with no problems when I emailed her. Maybe they prefer that people take out the 5 year visa instead of the 20? I’d just write off the 5,000 baht and inconvenience as part of being in Thailand, and still go for the 20 year visa, at least she’s offered to fix the mistake, even if it’s a lot more hassle than in my case.

I’ve just had a bit of an epic trying to pay my electricity bill while I’m away from Thailand, as it’s impossible to pay in advance, the Electricity Authority Accounts section apparently can’t cope with negative numbers. Complicated process to tie it to my Thai bank account, but no receipt or proof, so I’m fully expecting the electricity to be disconnected when I return from Europe. If that’s the case, just keep smiling, book a hotel until it’s reconnected, never try to blame anyone or lose my cool as I would if I were back in Australia.

Sums Thailand up in a nutshell

Lesson learned, just point and keep the mouth shut, don't deviate from the standard script or everything can and probably will go wrong.

I've found that this applies to pretty much everything in Thailand because you're almost certainly dealing with an idiot no matter what you're doing and if they don't understand they just make something up..

• Like 2

Do yourself Favour and don't buy a Rolex off a man in the street.just say you don't want a 5 visa and can you have  your money back but this ain't the USA and you'll be very lucky to see any of it back.myself I would be in contact with the credit card company as you've paid for something you have not received.easy peasy lemon squeezy.youll find the visa/MasterCard have a lot more clout than someone ranting down the phone who forgot things.

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

a million baht and they call this "elite" service?  sheesh, if they can't even handle a simple payment confirmation, i can't imagine how they'd respond to a actual problem situation.

i'd file a dispute with my credit card, consider myself lucky, and move on to a more welcoming location.

I’d file for a chargeback today. With the documentation you have, your bank will side with you.

Typical Thai nonsense. Hardly Elite. Based on my own experiences with them, I have no doubt their staff is just a step above a girl plucked right from a bar.

Was it worth the money? For 1M Baht I would expect elite service, which clearly you did not receive.

Knowing what I do about Thailand, I would not have fronted 1MB for any kind of Thai service.

If I had your problem I would have my bank stop payment and refund as you have clearly not got what you paid for.

It appears from your screenshot you do have proof of payment, plus your bank records. If you still want the damn thing, you could take this to their office and demand to see the managing director.

What a waste of money. Some have more money than sense. Imagine how much beer n pu55y that would buy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You'd spend 1,000,000 baht on beer and pu55y ??? erm instead of ensuring your your visa status?

Money well spent. At least I'd die happy. What did the OP get outta this?

If you think having an elite visa ensures your status for 20 years you are dreaming. Thai immigration reg's change all the time, in this country anything could happen. Witness the original post, they can't even handle the application process. :cheesy:

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1