What Food Could You Never Eat?

Suppose you were stranded alone in a wilderness and starving.

Is there any food that you think you could never eat even in that sort of situation?

For me it would be beetroot, any kind of nuts, dates, brussels sprouts.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Pumpkin. Loathsome vegetable, frequently fed to pigs which is an appropriate destination.

My former wife used to force-feed mashed brussel sprouts to my son in his infancy, so he hates them with equivalent passion.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Pumpkin. Loathsome vegetable, frequently fed to pigs which is an appropriate destination.

My former wife used to force-feed mashed brussel sprouts to my son in his infancy, so he hates them with equivalent passion.

Mrs Possum makes lovely pumpkin soup.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have no idea what I would or wouldn't eat in a survival situation, including cannibalism. That said, the first thing that came to mind was BALUT. 

The list of horror in the OP of beetroot, any kind of nuts, dates, and brussels sprouts all sound DELICIOUS. 

Don't ever invite me to your house for dinner JT.????

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Mrs Possum makes lovely pumpkin soup.

You are welcome to it. However, be aware Mrs Possum may have an ulterior motive. According to my Thai GF, pumpkin stokes the old libido.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Pumpkin is terrible, but maybe I might make an exception in a life threatening situation. Not so sure about bugs (juicy cockcroach style) as they even sell it in the streets here (cooked)

58 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

i guess you are going to die then. Lived most of my life in the Alaskan wilderness. And you can,t handle nuts, dates or brussels sprouts ?

Amate of mine told me he was once on a date with a bird, she grabbed his nuts and told him they were as big as Brussels sprouts.:cool:

49 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Complex question. But depending on circumstance there ain't a thing one wouldn't eat if the situation proved you have no choice. Survival instincts will automatically take over.

The movie/book 'Alive' is a good example of this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Amate of mine told me he was once on a date with a bird, she grabbed his nuts and told him they were as big as Brussels sprouts.:cool:

I used to castrate bulls, cook and eat the testicles, better with garlic or onion to give them a bit of flavour 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I used to castrate bulls, cook and eat the testicles, better with garlic or onion to give them a bit of flavour 

Rocky Mountain Oysters, breaded and deep fried, or above the 49th, Prairie Oysters avec Demi Glace.

Edited by ratcatcher