TM 30 Confusion and Paranoia -- Specific Advice Sought

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

Read this article about the TM30.

Even a condo owner with long stay visa needs to submit a TM30.

Are you for real. Depends on the immigration office. 

Some want tm30 for domestic and international. Some want for international only. Some domestic only. Some want nothing. Get with program.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

No ! Not in Jomtien !

Because it's the rule that Jomtien Immigration decided to apply ! :cool:

There are orders from the Immigration boss in BKK that every local office in Thailand have to get tougher concerning the TM30. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you for real. Depends on the immigration office. 

Some want tm30 for domestic and international. Some want for international only. Some domestic only. Some want nothing. Get with program.

Read the newspapers about what the new Immigration boss in BKK said lately.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

Read this article about the TM30.

Even a condo owner with long stay visa needs to submit a TM30.

Well, in Jomtien as specified here that has NOT been the case.

You get that by now, right?

The question here is if that long standing non-requirement has changed.

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

There are orders from the Immigration boss in BKK that every local office in Thailand have to get tougher concerning the TM30. 

Give me ONE example where every imm office have marched to beat of big whoever. 

In any event its perhaps 800 fine. Heck its insufficient.

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Then someone else submitted the TM30 for you, otherwise she wouldn't have your address in the computer.

I highly doubt it, I never met the owner , the rental goes through an agent.

The address been the same since before all this TM30 was mentioned in the media , and immigration at Jomtien never followed it as a routine, until recently.

So I believe they don't care as long as the address stayed the same for years. So far so good.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Do what I do..... (the only difference between us is I have a house in a company name).

Next extension renewal, take a filled in TM30 form and copies of housebook and original, but do not include in the submitted package. I have done this for 3-4 years now, but it has never been asked for..... in fact last year I simply changed the date on the old one. (Last year they were swamped due to the recent withdrawal of Embassy letters, so maybe I got lucky). 

Worst, they send you to TM30 queue and you have to get a ticket, maybe pay a fine. Best case, they don't bother and done for another year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're not getting the SPECIFICITY of my situation. It's specifically about people that OWN their own condos reporting at Jomtien.  Never required before.

It seems to me given the history it might be asked for trouble to start filing a TM30 now.

Of course I don't know. 

The fact that you own a condo is of no relevance to the requirement to do a TM30 report. 

36 minutes ago, sniggie said:

The fact that you own a condo is of no relevance to the requirement to do a TM30 report. 

I think it has some relevancy. If you own your own condo, then you are your own landlord and must bear the responsibility to do the TM30 filing. Otherwise, if you live in spouse's home or rent a condo, apartment, or house, then it is the spouse or landlord's responsibility to do the TM30, otherwise he/she is subject to a fine (NOT the foreigner). It's about the Thai "host" and not the foreigner. Now if, say, a landlord isn't willing to play ball on the TM30 (scared of fines for not having complied for years, doesn't want to get "involved", etc.), then the foreigner must take matters into his/her own hands and file the TM30 his/herself (as submitter and subject) if he/she wants to be able to proceed with extensions of stay, COR, etc.

So if you don't live in your own condo, and your spouse or landlord, whichever is applicable, is a decent, responsible person, then there is no TM30 for you, the foreigner, to worry about. Easy.

Otherwise, if you own your own condo, then you have to do your own TM30. A bit of extra pain. But I'd say the difference is indeed relevant.

Edited by Carolina Reaper

TM 30 Confusion...........  still non the wiser, Yes I did do both the TM 30 and the TM 28, after I could get back to the house after the big floods, not been anywhere since, or done another TM 30 as the report 8 years ago is still the same..  likewise do not want a problem come extension time...  

I am in Chiang Mai, but you may find the following helpful.

I was in a similar situation (condo owner, had never done TM30). The office at my condo is registered to submit TM30's online. I asked them to do it for me (after 3 years in country) and they did. It went through, no trouble at all.

I think it has some relevancy. If you own your own condo, then you are your own landlord and must bear the responsibility to do the TM30 filing. Otherwise, if you live in spouse's home or rent a condo, apartment, or house, then it is the spouse or landlord's responsibility to do the TM30, otherwise he/she is subject to a fine (NOT the foreigner). It's about the Thai "host" and not the foreigner. Now if, say, a landlord isn't willing to play ball on the TM30 (scared of fines for not having complied for years, doesn't want to get "involved", etc.), then the foreigner must take matters into his/her own hands and file the TM30 his/herself (as submitter and subject) if he/she wants to be able to proceed with extensions of stay, COR, etc.

So if you don't live in your own condo, and your spouse or landlord, whichever is applicable, is a decent, responsible person, then there is no TM30 for you, the foreigner, to worry about. Easy.

Otherwise, if you own your own condo, then you have to do your own TM30. A bit of extra pain. But I'd say the difference is indeed relevant.
In Jomtien no. For years already. For owners on retirement anyway. This thread was to ask if that has changed. Based on some relevant reports here the answer appears to be NO.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am in Chiang Mai, but you may find the following helpful.
I was in a similar situation (condo owner, had never done TM30). The office at my condo is registered to submit TM30's online. I asked them to do it for me (after 3 years in country) and they did. It went through, no trouble at all.
That's interesting. My condo has a strict policy that they don't rent out any condos themselves so there would be no reason for them to have such an account.

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's interesting. My condo has a strict policy that they don't rent out any condos themselves so there would be no reason for them to have such an account.

I have seen many reports of condo management doing the reports online as a courtesy for their condo owners.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I won't even click it as I assume it doesn't cover different policies in different offices.

Exactly. That's why you should go to your local Immigration and ask them. I'm sure the should know the answer to your question.

• Like 1

Exactly. That's why you should go to your local Immigration and ask them. I'm sure the should know the answer to your question.
As strange as this sounds I don't think that is a great idea. It might be at a small office. At Jomtien the person you will be asking will be some front line clerk that has questionable knowledge.

Here's a quick heads up on what I experienced at CW on 24/25 July regarding TM30s. I know it is a different office but it gives an idea of just how seriously immigration are taking TM30s at the moment.
I had major problems - despite having had retirement extensions for the past eight years on income.  
I ended up speaking to the captain who asked where my TM30 was, I sad that my landlord reported me online and it should be on her system. Rather than check she told me to go to section B and register. There were about 200/300 other people in the same situation. There were so many people there that an IO came out to check documents before the registration process. 
She was turning many people away because the residential contract, TM30 and visa application were not all in the same name.
I told her that the owner of my condo had registered me online already, so she then sent me back to see the captain.
The captain now informed me that the system was closed for the night and that I needed to get a copy from my landlord of the TM30 registration.
Next morning I went into the condo office where they confirmed that I was already registered, but to be on the safe side they input my registration again, printed off a copy, stamped, signed and noted.
Back to immigration again clutching my copy of the document, but when I saw the captain again she asked for a copy of the building owner's ID card and tabien paan.  I told her that she had not asked for that on the previous visit so I didn't have it. I also told her that it ws not an individual that registered me but a company trading as the condo - this made no difference.
I was given a 60 day retirement extension and told to have all the requested documents on my return.
There were many, many more hassles in completeing the process and the TM30 fiasco was just a small part of what actually happened.
I have been getting non-imm O extensions for the best part of a decade and never before have I had so much trouble. this is also the first time ever that I have been asked to produce a TM30.
One thing the captain told my wife was that "the big boss" was coming down VERY hard on any IO who issued a visa incorrectly and that this was being passed on to applicants. To say they gave me a hard ride is very much of an understatement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In Jomtien no. For years already. For owners on retirement anyway. This thread was to ask if that has changed. Based on some relevant reports here the answer appears to be NO.

yes, yes, for years.  so what?  the law sez foreigners have to be registered via TM30.  not surprising laws are not equally enforced throughout the realm.

for years and years CW did not require a TM30 from anyone.  i've read some were turned away when they tried to file.  if you asked the same question about CW six months ago, the response would be "for years and years......"

things change, sometimes overnight.

"past performance is no guarantee of future results."

be prepared.

17 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

There is no "changes in enforcement for my next extension regarding the TM30" at Jomtien Immigration. For at least the past 8 months it has been mandatory to do a TM30 at Jomtien.

NOT mandatory for all! For tourists, yes, but not for retirees !

FYI I made my Retirement Extension in Jomtien last month (June), never made a TM30 (I live in my condo) and have not been asked for any TM30... as usual. :cool:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

FYI I made my Retirement Extension in Jomtien last month (June), never made a TM30 (I live in my condo) and have not been asked for any TM30... as usual. :cool:

If that's really the case then it's pretty stupid of them to have that double standard. Just either get rid of that stupid TM30 or make all foreigners do it when they re-enter the country, not just people on tourist visas.

37 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

What did you provide for proof of address?

33 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If that's really the case then it's pretty stupid of them to have that double standard. Just either get rid of that stupid TM30 or make all foreigners do it when they re-enter the country, not just people on tourist visas.

No "foreigner" should be reporting themselves. The law is intended for a third party to report the foreigner.

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

What did you provide for proof of address?

In the past I used to give a 3BB bill (Internet),

but in recent years I just put a copy of my Driving License (with address)

below my Passport details copy (with address too).

• Like 1