TM30 mayhem and updates

So it seems tm30 is now mandatory at CW. Got a queu of 252 people before me. I just wonder is it like this every time I travel abroad and come back? I have wife and a kid. We have better things to do than queu whole day every couple weeks... 

Other thing also that you need to have bookbank when you collect passport after pending period. So no extension if you touch the money before extension confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The TM30 should be filed by the person providing your accommodations and they can set up online reporting if they have not done so.  If your wife's home she can also do so but there is a long backlog to obtain password unless she obtains during a report visit to CW.   How fast is the queue moving?  Were a lot of no shows when I did several months ago so queue did at least move.

It has long been advised to not touch money during the under review process of a marriage extension and now seems more often being required with actual check.

5 minutes ago, Topah said:

Only 2 counters. We are still here waiting. Came 8:30am

But still have two desks at each counter so can serve 4?  That was the case in June.  

Edit:  Or are you talking about extension desk rather than TM30 reporting?

Edited by lopburi3

36 minutes ago, Topah said:

Thanks for the answer. Last year it took 2 hours to get the extension done. Now there is 300-400 queus and upset looking people. Only 2 counters. We are still here waiting. Came 8:30am

Now 3.30pm. 

Are you talking about the queue and counters for TM30 filing, or the queue and counters for extensions of stay, at CW?

When I was there midweek about a month back, I had maybe a half hour wait from their opening time until I walked into the retirement extension officer's cubicle.

I never saw the TM30 queue that day, because, I'd already filed mine beforehand by mail.... considering that there have now been MANY MONTHS of posts here warning that CW had begun requiring TM30 documentation when people were going for extensions of stay.

That day, I was out and done just before noon with a new extension and re-entry permit in hand because I didn't have to waste any time with the TM30 process.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are reports that they are not wanting a new report done every time  you leave and enter the country or if you make a trip within the country and stay in a hotel.

I can confirm that I left Thailand a few months ago, I didn't bother to do report anything when I returned until the time of my 90 day report. I stayed in a hotel for a couple of nights in Bangkok on the way out of the country, when I returned I went from the airport straight to the Hua Hin house.

This is in Hua Hin Bluport btw.

At this point they processed my 90 day report but requested a new address report as I had left the country.

They have changed the criteria this time, they need copies of Tabien Baan of the owner, previously this was not required (3 years ago when I changed address).

So Hua Hin are requesting these TM30 reports every time you leave the country.

I was extorted for 1600 in CM, and had yellow book, and never ever was late on 90 day report. Nonthaburi is so much better, and I am only 1 km from BKK... Never been to CW, in 21 years coming here, and will likely keep it that way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Topah said:

What is this 800 baht fine many are paying while doing TM30? We just finished here and didnt pay any fine.

Seems luck of the draw - I had to pay 800 baht (report was done by stepson owner) but many doing themselves do not seem to be getting fined.  In my case do not believe any report made since last entry about 16 years ago so perhaps if nothing on file a fine?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

800 THb, thats cheap ,its 1600 Thb up here in Chiang Mai,

I would recommend everyone gets a TM30, they might say,

they don't want it today, but I officers change and so do

other things ,The Big Oud said you had to have it.

Regards Worgeordie

Agreed, and the day you need an extension is a terrible day to do it.  Last time I went up there, after a 27 hour trip, they got me out in five minutes for an update, and there was a roomful of people in sheer misery.. you needed a machete to cut through the tension... 

And I wish I had a cold beer for every expat retiree that tells me.. I have been here for blank years and never done a tm30, what the heck are you talking about.. 

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There are reports that they are not wanting a new report done every time  you leave and enter the country or if you make a trip within the country and stay in a hotel.

Hi Joe, I am doing the AirAsia Mukdahan flight and bus next week out 5th and back on 7th. Can you please confirm I do not need to make an immigration report after returning from Sawannakhet?

Sorry but I am still confused with the TM30.

Edited by james.d

39 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So where is this utopia of yours and how do you do tm30/90day/extensions etc?

Every province up there is going to have easier immigration, if you are legit, and Udon, too.  They are on the lookout for non locals jurisdiction shopping, though, so maybe don't wear the Pattaya City singlet to do your report in Udon, and the landlords either do know or don't know how to do it. 

• Haha 1

I hope somebody from Immigration reads my post !

It would be so easy if Immigration would just observe and understand their own police order. The order says I have to report my adress when I "change my adress". I change my adress once I move OUT and INTO a new adress.

Travelling inside the country does not imply my adress changes constantly. I change my TEMPORARY WHEREABOUT but not my home adress!!! If I still live at my old adress where I lived before I started out travelling, I did NEITHER CHANGE my adress NOR moved to another place, and so actually I should not be forced to report again.

The police order, further more, is being observed during my stays in hotels and guesthouses, as they report my "TEMPORARY STAY" or "temporary adress" according to the law.

It is plainly written in their own police order. . . . . .  It is just that they misunderstand the translation of their own police order!  . . . . . .

They should mark and notice the BIG DIFFERENCE between "temporary adress" and "permanent adress" and everything would be fine and we could close this TM30 topic for once and all!

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, thedemon said:

That's a shame. I would imagine that living in Chaiyaphum, visiting Immigration would be an outing to look forward to.

Yes with your experience I understand that you think so..

glegolo

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2