Meeting with immigration about TM30 and the latest news about the petition

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

These applications have been available for at least six weeks.

The eTM6 app is of questionable usefulness?  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6

The TM30 app does require registration and approval, which can take up to six + weeks. It offers similar capapbilities as the online (hotel) system. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

The TM47 app seems pretty solid, but has similar limitations (new passport, int'l re-rentry) to the long-available online system. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

The apps are OK, but still need a lot of work, IMO.

The TM47 app downloads fine but Google Play says the TM30 is incompatible with my devices. 

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

I look forward to the Immigration Department taking steps to lower the value of the baht

maybe not but perhaps lowering the amount needed or an adjusted pre Baht surge dollar amount with an equivalent for each currency or Baht instead of just the Baht

It says tourists do not have to do the Notification of address. Lots of tourists have a tourist visa ,SETV. 60 days. This can be extended one month at your local immigration office. If you do not declare yourself at the Immigration for the Notification of Address, ( they staple a slip receipt in your passport) you will be refused the extension. So , yes, tourists wanting an extension do need to report themselves, even though their condo management has done their part online. I  have to do this at Jomtien .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

Thanks to the OP for the effort. From my perspective, I am afraid with will be for nought. My issue isn't the legal requirements but a lack of consistency.

As a retired lawyer, I am used to dealing with paperwork, even totally useless paperwork. Give me a clear set of instructions on what to do and it will get done. What I find frustrating about the TM30 requirements - as well as many of the other IB requirements - is lack of consistency. In my home country, it doesn't matter which office of an agency I go to. The rules and regulations are generally enforced in a consistent manner. In Thailand that is not the case. Each IB office - and in most cases each Immigration officer - is allowed to make up interpretations on their own. The problem is not the rule but the lack of consistency.

Just my thoughts on it.

David

This stems from the fact that it is up to the discretion of each IO whether a visa or extension is given

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe could pinch in about their request to have 800K blocked at the bank, many of us are property owners, why not use the property as the collateral and allow us to use the cash for daily living expenses,

If (from my knowledge) have formed a company AND pay for your lease with a company cheque, you then are allowed the value of the property instead of cash in the bank.

Well thank you, my only concern with this is that I go lot's of times to another city and stay sometimes 48 hours sometimes a bit more on a family house, it is annoying as I live far from any Immigration office, since my case is not enforced I'm happy, still I will go now sign that document. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, ChrisvS said:

If (from my knowledge) have formed a company AND pay for your lease with a company cheque, you then are allowed the value of the property instead of cash in the bank.

can you provide supporting (data) evidence, because saying something for the fact of saying something or anything it doesn't proof anything and we have been down that road already

5 hours ago, Isaanlawyers said:

Foreigners have to register TM30 only ONCE (and not tourists) and after, it is the duty of the Thai landlord. If you leave in Thailand for a while and never registered TM30, you will be fine as a foreigner. I believe it is between 800 to 2,000 baht.

Please explain when and where have foreigners to register using form tm30.

Please explain why a foreigner once registered by using form tm30 this duty is transferred over to the landlord.

Please explain why the tourists are exempted to register by using tm30.

Appreciate all your efforts and time spent working on this issue.

My question is for a bonafide foreign tourist coming to Thailand for only 2 weeks, do they have to do the TM-30 if they perhaps stay with a relative for 1 or 2 days and they move on?

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

My question is for a bonafide foreign tourist coming to Thailand for only 2 weeks, do they have to do the TM-30 if they perhaps stay with a relative for 1 or 2 days and they move on?

According to the law yes it is required. But you will not be asked to prove one was done unless you need to do something at a immigration office.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Appreciate all your efforts and time spent working on this issue.

The landlord / owner / possessor of the place where the foreign tourist is staying has to report the foreigner, the foreign tourist himself doesn't have to do it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Your efforts are appreciated. I hope Immigration listens and responds in a positive way. Past experiences do not give me much hope, but there's always the possibility that they will see how pointless these regulations are.

They might be overly complicated, but not pointless. Thailand wants to know where foreigners are staying at all times, and don't want to rely on reports from the foreigner himself. (In cases where the foreigner is the landlord this might overlap, but this is a small percentile of all foreigners in Thailand)

So either the landlord has to report the foreigner, or the foreigner has to get an ankle bracelet. Which way do you prefer?

3 hours ago, Genericnic said:

The TM47 app downloads fine but Google Play says the TM30 is incompatible with my devices. 

You are either:

1. being geoblocked as in your not in Thailand (in which case try using a Thai based VPN or an app to make the system think you're in Thailand), or
  2. are trying to download with a Google account that was set up outside Thailand (set up a new Google account from within Thailand), or
  3. you are running an old version of Android (less than 6) ... get a new phone ????

Have you tried signing up online? https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

If not too risk averse, side load it: https://apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38/versions 

Edited by Salerno
Added URL
  • Like 1

All very well having the forms online, as long as the system works. I got a new passport and am now unable to do my TM.47 online. Basically the system is broken, and to get back into the online reporting I would have to leave the country and re-enter. Before anyone comments that it is not necessary, I have had this discussion several times with Immigration and they initially claimed that I could easily continue to do online TM.47, however, they now admit that I probably need to leave and come back to 'reset' the new passport number.

• Like 1