Trump accuses France's Macron of sending 'mixed signals' to Iran

webfact

Trump accuses France's Macron of sending 'mixed signals' to Iran

2019-08-08T201348Z_1_LYNXNPEF771X7_RTROPTP_4_IRAN-NUCLEAR-TRUMP.JPG

FILE PHOTO: French President Emmanuel Macron speaks with U.S. President Donald Trump ahead of a meeting at the Prefecture of Caen, on the sidelines of D-Day commemorations marking the 75th anniversary of the World War II Allied landings in Normandy, France, June 6, 2019. Ludovic Marin/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said no one is authorized to speak to Iran on behalf of the United States, and he accused French President Emmanuel Macron of sending "mixed signals" to Tehran over possible talks.

"I know Emmanuel means well, as do all others, but nobody speaks for the United States but the United States itself,"Trump said in a series of tweets.

It was not immediately clear what Trump was referring to and the White House declined to comment, but a report earlier this week said Macron had invited Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to this month's G7 summit to meetTrump. A French diplomat denied the report on Wednesday.

European leaders are seeking to defuse the brewing confrontation between Tehran and Washington after Trumppulled out of the Iran nuclear last year and renewed sanctions in an effort to push a new deal under the U.S. Republican president.

Tehran has responded with a series of moves, including seizing a British tanker in the Gulf and retreating from some of its commitments to limit its nuclear activity made under the deal.

The crisis is expected to be a focus at the G7 summit later this month. Trump and his administration officials have previously said Trump is open to talks with Iran and that the United States does not want war with Iran.

(Reporting by Susan Heavey and Jeff Mason; Editing by Tim Ahmann and Lisa Shumaker)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-08-09

Europe in general not interested i wars, don't give a crap for Iran nuclear programs or bombs, or what it means for the security of Israel and region, all they care about is doing business in the billions and cheap oil from Iran, and are not happy for Trump stirring the pot of hostilities and aggressions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said no one is authorized to speak to Iran on behalf of the United States, and he accused French President Emmanuel Macron of sending "mixed signals" to Tehran over possible talks.

A direct attack on the world peacemakers to derail any possibility of a resolution that is not dictated by America’s worst president in its short history, herein demonstrating an astounding amount of negligence toward world peace and security.... which includes its own security.

i would consider donating to the border wall gofundme, but I see that charity operator is going to jail for defrauding American citizens... lol... he’s surely a trump university graduate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Europe in general not interested i wars, don't give a crap for Iran nuclear programs or bombs, or what it means for the security of Israel and region, all they care about is doing business in the billions and cheap oil from Iran, and are not happy for Trump stirring the pot of hostilities and aggressions...

wonder why Trump is so worried about Israel and not so much about the USA

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"I know Emmanuel means well, as do all others, but nobody speaks for the United States but the United States itself,"Trump said in a series of tweets.

so far he has done nothing concrete, nothing to show that his way it's working,  all is deals are not going the way he expected, as always a lot of hot air BS

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I know Emmanuel means well, as do all others, but nobody speaks for the United States but the United States itself Trump said in a series of tweets.

You can only speak for the united states with an iPhone and two thumbs????

coming soon : Emmanuel writes a love letter to Kim 

trump-surprised.jpg

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, puck2 said:

+++1 !

Trump's brain contains nothing else but FARTS !  Trumps as always: he thinks he must subdue the world and its leaders, as used in his crappy companies. 

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump threatened undefined retaliation Friday against countries and organizations that issue travel warnings on the United States because of gun violence. ""

such a big ego..., sadly he still thinks he's the master of the universe

• Like 1