THAI struggling with huge debt, executives asked to take voluntarily pay cut

webfact

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

Whatever can be sacrificed must be sacrificed,” said Mr. Sumet.

But you can forget this

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

he has asked the company’s executives, himself included, to cut their meeting allowances and remuneration voluntarily

14 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Be very interesting to know what remuneration some of these fatcats are recieving,I'm sure they'd be in the seven digit numbers no doubt.

I expect you mean the official remuneration not including the commissions and kickbacks such they got from Rolls Royce and the ones they will get from the purchase of the new aircraft. 

• Like 1

I knew a Thai bird who's husband did something for Thai airways. He had a proper job outside of the company but also had a position for Thai. Anyway, they both lived a very nice lifestyle. Bragging of free flights here and there.

1 minute ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sounds like a preemptive PR stunt, so that when people come looking they will say they have already cut exec pay.

What are meeting allowances?

Probably peanuts compared to 245 billion debt :+)

As a Star Gold member, Thai was my preference, that was until this April when Super Saver passengers regardless of status had their luggage allowance dropped from 40 kg to 20 kg. Now anything International is either EVA or Singapore. The instant coffee machine in the lounges doesn't help either.

"he has asked the company’s executives, himself included, to cut their meeting allowances and remuneration voluntarily to show spirit in helping the organization get through this crisis."

Several executives agreed and their 'meeting allowances' were cut by 10% - in other news meetings went up by 20%

• Like 1