I Finally Found the Best Place to Live in Thailand

It sounds perfect. You have all the advantages of easy access to Phuket but without the disadvantages of traffic etc. I'm hoping to have the same advantages when I move from Phuket to build our house on the 2 rai of land I have outside a village about 40 kilometers from Udon Thani city. I'll be in a peaceful countryside location but with easy access to the city for shopping. The only thing I'm sure I'll miss will be the ocean.

Great advert, but one of Phuket’s problems is you have scads of Phuket refugees that lived their once, now living all over Thailand. There are always a couple whether up here in CM or Nakhorn Nowhere, that lost spondulixs on some sad forlorn condo or house.

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

"But it’s time for me to leave Thailand and we’re putting our house up for sale".

I'm sure you'll find a taker right here on TVF. You certainly wrote a great story leading up to the punch line. I was so curious to get to the final chapter.

Kerchunk  :biggrin:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, inThailand said:

Yup, just another story which really is an ad to sell his unsellable property. 

IMO if you buy or build a property here which is marketable only to farangs, prepare to be yours forever... I see in Samui RE listing printouts in the agencies which are barely readable, being exposed to sunlight for eternity ????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, quandow said:

What's good for you would be the LAST option I would ever choose (owning a home in Phuket). I rent a large two-bedroom condo in Na Jomtien overlooking the Gulf of Thailand on the 26th floor of a really nice building. Perfect for me, and many people would say "Never for me." My favorite saying learned in Thailand - Up to you.

I agree, everyone is a bit different with their likes and dislikes.

Actually this is Phangnga and not Phuket, but it is country as opposed to city life and many enjoy the city life. Sounds like your view is a lot better than mine though.

• Thanks 1

Sorry not to read the whole OP, way too many words and only two pictures .

It seems to me that you had found the best place once before when you moved near your in laws until you got bored four years later, so what makes you think this is the best place and you will not get bored there after a while.  

Is there such a thing as the best place? or is something the best until it is not?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, transam said:

If you're leaving it there is something wrong with it....????

Actually there is another reason. The property is perfect for me. It's the country of Thailand with it's rules and laws that has finally caused this change. I've come to an age where I would like to have less government officials probing into my daily life and a little bit more freedom.