Buy two get one free

overherebc

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, something I need to do.
Ironically the gf was ironing just now and said “ don’t have any coat hangers “ I have bought some t shirts over the last few weeks and do need to have a “ clear out” of the older ones ( that probably don’t fit me anymore.

But I think the real coat hanger issue is they have migrated to her wardrobe emoji51.png

For Real !  When  my wife  comes home  bragging about  her  clothing  bargains  I  just  ask if  she also  bought  more   coat  hangers !

• Like 1

It's a marketing scam.

Most of the time, the two products are almost double the price of one product. They just want to clear off the shelf as fast as possible.

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's a marketing scam.

Most of the time, the two products are almost double the price of one product. They just want to clear off the shelf as fast as possible.

Most of the time when there's a special promotion there's something wrong with the product...can be almost expired or damaged or old model....be aware!

• Like 1

I’ve always been a believer that the 2 for 1 deals are to attract customers who will then presumably shop there frequently.

BUT, a while ago I bought a couple of cans of chaindrite bug spray ( from the large letter of the alphabet one ) , they were taped together and were reduced or 2 for 1.
Anyhoo, this morning we left the house to return tomorrow so decided to give the house ( under the beds/sofa behind the wardrobe type deal )a good spraying.
Anyone who has used any chaindrite product knows the smell is pretty toxic and best to be avoided but on this occasion it was completely odourless !! According to the gf it wasn’t any “ new odourless formula “ written on the can.
I checked the other one, exactly the same.

Soo, either my sense of smell has disappeared or I have sprayed the house with air !!

Will hunt for mozzie corpses when back tomorrow !!

On 9/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, Number 6 said:

I never go for anything more complicated than buy one get one free. I can check it at the counter. Besides I only need one. Ok I'll take a second at discount. I definitely don't need a third perhaps nowhere to even store it. But mainly it's just drama following buy multiple items...

There are often good deals when you buy two and you get one free, for example Nivea Creme, I just bought a few days ago.

This particular offer was buy one and get one free. One 800 ml was at the normal shelf, but just around the corner you could buy two of the same big sized creams for the price of one.

So we bought two 800 ml Nivea creams with a spender for the price of one. That can't be a bad deal, or? Saves you a 100 %. 

Of course are there some rip off offers, but everybody with a brain can figure out if it's cheaper or not.

But some Thai women would never get that. They buy everything where they think it's cheaper as it was before. That's perhaps the reason where we can be helpful.