Video: Ten year old in hospital after wrong way motorcyclist flees the scene

webfact

Video: Ten year old in hospital after wrong way motorcyclist flees the scene

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A ten year old girl on the way to school has ended up in hospital after a motorcyclist going the wrong way down a one way street in Bang Plee hit her on Monday. 

CCTV posted on Facebook showed a yellow motorcycle hit her and knock her down - the rider drove off at speed not helping her at all.

It was first thought that Sirinthorn, 10, was not badly hurt and she was taken home.

4-953-1024x576.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

But in the evening she started complaining of severe stomach pains and was taken to hospital where doctors were examining X-rays to check on internal injuries. 

Her mother Uthaiwan, 31, told 77kaoded that her daughter was hit while crossing the road next to the Charoen Rat klong in Bang Plee, Samut Prakarn. 

A report has been filed with the Bang Sao Thong police who are looking for the motorcycle rider. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-25

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hopefully she makes a full recovery but...

Hopefully she now realizes that you need to look both ways before crossing the road, one way road or not...

Hopefully the motorcyclists will be charged for braking the law, driving with reckless endangerment... etc...  

Thats one person I'd happily go 'keyboard warrior' on...   its one thing to be in accident even when riding illegally, its a complete other issue when he escapes the scene instead of assisting with a helpless injured person... Total complete and utter scum who has no mitigating circumstances for his actions whatsoever... a total toad. 

Agreed with the other comment.... "Its about time they get tough on people who flee the scene" one of Thailand's few laws which needs changing with immediate effect.

Now with new laws aimed at reducing death and injury caused by tourists let us look at this accident. 

Was it a Tourist?...... NO 

Was the driver properly licenced,? ...Probably not

Was the Motorcycle properly Tax and insured ?...Possibly not

WAS IT A THAI ?     YES !!!!  

What laws will be enforced to stop this ……probably NONE ! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

Now with new laws aimed at reducing death and injury caused by tourists let us look at this accident. 

Was it a Tourist?...... NO 

Was the driver properly licenced,? ...Probably not

Was the Motorcycle properly Tax and insured ?...Possibly not

WAS IT A THAI ?     YES !!!!  

What laws will be enforced to stop this ……probably NONE ! 

The new laws are not being proposed "because tourists are causing death and injury", the proposal is to protect those tourists, nowhere has it been claimed that tourists, specifically, are the cause of anything! 

Leaving out useless speculative guesswork...

"Was it a Tourist?...... NO".     (Could have been a Thai/Asian tourist)

"Was the driver properly licenced,? ...Probably not" (Just as likely probably yes)

"Was the Motorcycle properly Tax and insured ?...Possibly not" (Just as likely possibly yes)

"WAS IT A THAI ?     YES !!!!"  (You do not know that!)

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hopefully she now realizes that you need to look both ways before crossing the road, one way road or not...

You are very right about looking both ways but lets not change the subject from this moron driving the wrong way causing an accident an fleeing the scene . If it was your child would you also be angry at her or would you've been looking all over for this jackass causing the accident ?? 

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

rider of the bike is pure scum bag....let's not pretend she didn't walk right out from behind a parked truck though. 

education needed all around.

Still she's not the guilty one . She's not walking right out from behind a parked truck !!!! It's a one way street so in this case she is walking on the right side of the truck . Ok ok could have looked both ways but dont blame this scumbags wrongdoing on the poor girl . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Indeed. I would have thought it would be a given in Thailand. I never, ever cross a road without looking both ways and it has saved me from a nasty accident more than once. Surely, if I know there is a possibility of being hit a local should be aware of it from birth.

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You are very right about looking both ways but lets not change the subject from this moron driving the wrong way causing an accident an fleeing the scene . If it was your child would you also be angry at her or would you've been looking all over for this jackass causing the accident ?? 

I'm not angry at her.. Just an observation

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Still she's not the guilty one . She's not walking right out from behind a parked truck !!!! It's a one way street so in this case she is walking on the right side of the truck . Ok ok could have looked both ways but dont blame this scumbags wrongdoing on the poor girl . 

didn't say she was guilty. i assume you have visited or lived in thailand at some point nana. since when does a 1 way mean anything here ? i just drove back from the airport where my friend lives and there is a steady stream of bikes coming down the bang na expressway..... the wrong way on a highway ! education on all fronts of road safety is needed. 

This is the kind of thing the cops need to slam down on hard ... contemptuous scumbag doing as he sees fit then running away. Not OK and he was probably, like many others, a driving/walking violation of like 5 or more laws.

Edited by Sir Dude

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The new laws are not being proposed "because tourists are causing death and injury", the proposal is to protect those tourists, nowhere has it been claimed that tourists, specifically, are the cause of anything! 

Leaving out useless speculative guesswork...

"Was it a Tourist?...... NO".     (Could have been a Thai/Asian tourist)

"Was the driver properly licenced,? ...Probably not" (Just as likely probably yes)

"Was the Motorcycle properly Tax and insured ?...Possibly not" (Just as likely possibly yes)

"WAS IT A THAI ?     YES !!!!"  (You do not know that!)

Now I know why your avatar name is like that

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1