White House adviser tells lawmakers Trump Ukraine call raised national security concerns

webfact

2 hours ago, pmarlin said:

By the way that officer took an oath to obey the president.

From Wikipedia - 

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Uniformed_Services_Oath_of_Office

Reposted this as my original included a quote contained in a post by pmarlin in a  Chomperhiggott post.  For some reason the original quote was wrongly attributed to Chomperhiggott.

Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by animalmagic
Correction

In the past my American friends have explained to me the high regard military personal are held in American society and the respect they are shown.

So can someone explain to me how it is American to slander Col Vindman without quoting specifics based solely on his place of birth? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waterloo said:

In the past my American friends have explained to me the high regard military personal are held in American society and the respect they are shown.

So can someone explain to me how it is American to slander Col Vindman without quoting specifics based solely on his place of birth? 

I think it's kind of unfortunate that the military is now held in such high regard. I don't think that was the case when the draft was in effect. Certainly not for those veterans who served in WW2 and got exposed to military life and the wide variety in the quality of the officers. That would also apply in a lesser way to veterans of the Korean and Vietnam war, although be they time the latter occurred, middle class and wealthier American men could avoid service thanks to a wide variety of deferments on offer.

Still, the hypocrisy of these Trump defenders is clear.

• Like 1