US truck driver Pim becomes an Internet sensation

webfact

18 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes I am!I was only ever wrong once when I thought I was wrong but I was right!

Strange the things you can be wrong about. Her indoors run over something and got a puncture. Seems that even although she was 150 kilometres away I was wrong because I didn't check the tyres before she left. Go figure.

45 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Sad when a Thai women doing something as ordinary as truck driving is deemed a 'sensation' They are not all dumb hookers, air heads and lazy losers.

It's sensational because she's a young cutie making US$33,000 a month driving a truck.  If she was an old fatty, she wouldn't have 45,000 followers...and I certainly wouldn't be posting on this thread....????

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Enquiring minds want to know!!!  :biggrin:

Most of the young, non-student Thais I knew in the U.S. were former student visa holders who stayed on illegally and worked for cash under the table.

Same in the UK

For sure if she is driving a rig in the U.S. she got retrained at a school to learn correctly or trained by someone who has!  She can make that if she is older operator but regardless she would still have to follow the restrains of being a truck driver.  Most likely in general she isn't accounting for the taxes etc she has to pay into the system no way of getting around it if she is a legal.

There is a shortage right now for truck drivers she indicated she has been in the U.S. 5 years smart move.  As long as she is certified and licensed being in a Union she would have no problems driving a rig.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Average income for an American truck driver is 43,680 dollars per year. I very much doubt she owns her own rig, and even then it would be the gross income before costs.

Even outside Thailand the Thai seemingly can not stop lying.

Maybe for a driver driving for a low life company like Swift. Or a recent graduate of a Truck Driving School. 

I think this is a great story.

Yeah the money that is claimed she earns is ridiculous, but the youtube income is probably pretty decent to add to the trucking income.

The truck wont be owned, it's either leased or she works for a trucking company.

Either way, interstate truckers earn pretty decent money, Hell of a lot more that driving a sugar truck in Isaan, thats for sure.

She's a pretty girl, doing a decent job, and is milking the fan base for ad revenue. Kudos to her.

The family should be proud of her.

Thankfully, all US States require some pretty rigorous truck driving training before they issue a CDL, so thankfully her sugar truck driving skills are long forgotten!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I take it you aren't at all that up to speed on social media? Never mind, neither am I but did you miss that it's the Nation that claims she's 'broadcasting' in her Isaan dialect to her fellow Isaan speaking, Thai fans?

A frequent Thai basher's complaint is how pathetically, herd-followingly parochial Thai people can be, keeping themselves to themselves and their introspective and small-world ways are some of the things that allegedly make them the 'laughing stock of the world' to coin an unimaginative and frequently used trope.

Now we have an enterprising young Thai making the best of her opportunities overseas and sharing this with her kith and kin back home. Whoa! Can't have that now can we?! A Thai person being a success, showing a bit of gumption and breaking ALL the stereotypes that the Thai bashers hold dear and love to recycle here? That's... that's... HERETICAL!!!

She's a truck driver, she has not invented a cure for cancer...

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Not exaggerated at all. I know truckers that are making double and triple that amount.

She's still learning the ropes and should have many green lights ahead of her.

Go Pim go.

You know truck drivers that are making 2 or 3M baht a month?

Really???

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, DLock said:

I'm pretty sure she is making more than USD$1,000 per month.

It may not be USD$33,000, but long haul truck drivers do ok, so I would not be surprised if she was pulling decent money.

...and good on her. I hope she is.

Got offered long haul once.  It didn't interest me but I would think she could be earning about 300,000 per month.

6 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Yeah but why does she need to broadcast it, there's plenty people in every country that come from humble beginings that go on to great success without having to let the world know.

45,000 followers......why?

Wannabe's? Happy for one from their country doing well, she's pretty, all sorts of reasons to follow her in the age of social media.

Good story, not believing the figure quoted as her monthly income though.

Edited by Oziex1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Barry343 said:

30000 baht a month would be nearer the mark.

No way , 30,000 baht would be less than a thousand USD a month. No driver anywhere in US drives for that little.

The US Labor Department pegs the median annual salary for all truck drivers at around $40,000.Oct 9, 2015

Below  link from CNN states $73,000  ---$100,000

https://money.cnn.com/2015/10/09/news/economy/truck-driver-shortage/index.html

8 hours ago, DLock said:

Regardless, that a great story...

And with that money, she can buy land in her name, doesn't need to report where she is staying every night on the road and enjoys free speech online...

If only...

Yes a tad one sided .

9 hours ago, JaiLai said:

1M baht a month, think that might be a little bit exageratted........just a bit.

That is only 30,000 a year a bit low for a truck driver but most are only making 40,000 to 45,000 a year a month no