sold assets

Blue bruce

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

That's not true. The land could be constituted as hers though if he has the correct paper work and documentation to prove that he purchased them both then a good lawyer could argue his case.

Legally he is entitled to half of course....reality, lawyers fees running into hundreds of thousands and unlikely recovering anything is a wates of time. What's to say she hasn't already hocked it up to the hilt, a 200,000 baht retainer just to find that out is madness.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, baansgr said:

Forget the house, its hers you can't get nothing....welcome to the club of ripped off foreigners...file a police report about the stolen car, three month window, after that is a civil offence...yet another example of thievery here by someone's different tirak

BS!!! With a good lawyer him can get the money full back if him can show that the house was bought with his money what him had before the marriage. If the lawyer is not good him can do a divore and get 50% of the house!!!

Edited by snowgard
  • Thanks 1

After all the books written about the Thais

You brought house, car, etc. They are thieves, this is what this country is built on. They are poor people, therefore i will not go with a Thai lady. I am laughing all the way to the bank

Cut your losses and move on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, seajae said:

mate, if you are serious about this then you have to report it as stolen, as for the house, it was bought after you were married so you are entitled to at least half of it but if you can prove that you paid for it all then you may get more but you have to grab the bull by the horns and not just sit back and do bigger all. You can show the police the paper work to prove it was in your name as well as your pass port to show you were out of the country when it was sold without your permission just in case she did forge your signature to move it to her name, that is theft and they will have to follow through with it

Best answer I could find by the 5 pages so far.The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine, and he actually got everything back in court.Also the hole house because he had papers on all the money that was used on the house. Dont matter after married or not if you can prove it with a good lawyer.On top of everything his Xs brother was the lawyer of the small village.So it is possible to win a case like this.I would for sure not walk away from anything like this.Best of luck.The lawyer is in Udon Thani if you want his name.PM me

• Like 1

The advice you need really should come from a lawyer if you need one in Bangkok, send me a PM, I can provide a good one that speaks English and I'm not talking just a bit.

Unprofessional opinion!  I think your problem is much larger than possession the larger issue is why did she do it?  You know but haven't put all your dirty laundry here.

Even if you find out you have legal rights are you willing to go through the process with her to get it in court. Are you willing to punish her even jail if necessary?  It is really just material than can be replaced.

When it comes to the house you do have some rights but it sounds like you might have sign them over enable to put it under her name. These papers from my experience are given to foreigners that the money to purchase the house comes from you abroad but you are waving claim. I did this for my Thai wife I had no problem since it was a drop in the bucket and if anything ever happen I had no intention of living in it surrounded by Thais.

If something ever happens I would be in my Condo, overlooking Jomtien ocean.

Good luck get a lawyer then move on you be happier because it is a sign as to what is to come!

4 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Just in case people have the wrong impression. Foreigners are not allowed to work as lawyers in Thailand. It's one of the protected professions. He's the Managing Director of that law firm. So he can talk to you and understand your problem but he can't directly provide legal advise, that's the job of the Thai lawyers he is employing.

Materially I don't think it changes all too much in this case but if you ever see a lone foreigner pretending to be a lawyer without having Thais perform the actual legal work then run.

Never worked with Isaan Lawyers but they might be worth a try for the OP. At least to get an initial impression of his legal situation.

Just in case you dont know who Sebastian is.Look him up.He has citizenship, so Im sure he is working legally.

7 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

I thought our reslationship was good. A few days ago when i called she said all happily i have a surprise for you

Then she shows me a pic of the new car. I adk her how she can sell or trade in MY car without me signing off on the title

She says the new car is in her name. Isn't that stealing????  

Yes i have documentation that it is or was my car. A d the insurance and road tax were in my name.

I seriousally doubt the police will do anything about forgery.?????

Did she actually say that she had sold or traded in your car?  You can get finance on new cars with very little down.

Your car might be knocking around somewhere and you've just got the repayments on the new one to do deal with.

Assuming this is not a troll

If someone did this in my own country they would never sleep soundly again. I would think the same applies in Thailand..

Good luck. How long were you married?

Edited by maprao

On 11/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, PatOngo said:

There is every chance she transferred the car into her name before selling it. I know of a few cases of this happening.

That also would be illegal unless he has given her a power of attorney over all paperwork in his life. He sounds a bit naieve, but not quite that stupid. 

1 hour ago, Odin Norway said:

Just in case you dont know who Sebastian is.Look him up.He has citizenship, so Im sure he is working legally.

No, he does not have citizenship and neither has he formally studied or qualified in Thai law. He is the MD of a small business.

57 minutes ago, owenm said:

It's unfortunate but true, that many farangs decide to retire here, fall in love with a teerak 20-30 yrs younger, decide to marry and build a 5 mill Thb Mc Mansion in her home village, buy a new car and bike and think they in heaven.. Then get screwed when Mc <deleted> hits the fan.. So easy to lose the lot without a legal fist fight.. 

My GF keeps talking marriage and moving to her Isaan village, build a house on her land and new car and bike etc.. I am not prepared to lose more than I can afford to walk away from.. Rent for me is the safest bet..

A house of furniture I can walk away anytime, without it being a huge financial loss.. Two suitcases of my personal belongings and I can be gone in a shot, if the brown stuff ever hit the fan.. 

Your GF obviously picked a winner..... what does it cost you to rent her.... (I fully understand the concept of renting everything in a Thailand and would consider the same if I had to start again).

If I lose everything I have spent in the last 13 years on house, land, car, motocys etc it will still be a fraction of what I ‘lost’ In home country divorces.

You have to have some proof of a crime before the police will get involved.
Especially since it is a dispute between a husband and wife.

Otherwise it will most likely be considered a civil matter.

Your best course of action, as stated already, is to retain a Thai lawyer.

Friend of mine had a similar scenario and his Thai lawyer went full on pitbull with some success.

With regard to your house, say bye bye. Your personal property again will be difficult to claim ownership. If you claim and can prove the purchase with your funds, your spouse will likely state these items were gifted to her. Again, a civil matter.

Unfortunately this story has been told before and will be told again. Live and learn. I wish you the best.

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

That's not true. The land could be constituted as hers though if he has the correct paper work and documentation to prove that he purchased them both then a good lawyer could argue his case.

I think you could also prove criminal intent. Looks like she would have to forge your signature to sell the car.

As others have said on this thread. Start with going to see a lawyer.... To which I would add, get a GOOD lawyer. There are many Thai lawyers who will take your money and then fail to do their job properly.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

9 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

I thought our reslationship was good. A few days ago when i called she said all happily i have a surprise for you

Then she shows me a pic of the new car. I adk her how she can sell or trade in MY car without me signing off on the title

She says the new car is in her name. Isn't that stealing????  

Yes i have documentation that it is or was my car. A d the insurance and road tax were in my name.

I seriousally doubt the police will do anything about forgery.?????

This is quite different than stealing your car.

If she traded it in for a new car to surprise you, why would you be upset unless you cannot afford a new car?

Is it possible she had good intentions?

• Like 2