sold assets

Blue bruce

4 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

There is every chance she transferred the car into her name before selling it. I know of a few cases of this happening.

Yes.

It can be done fairly easy especially thru an agent type.

Geez, sounds like another sad story about to happen.

She will probably change the locks or boot you from the house.

Sorry, hope things work out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Report the car as stolen, give them the name and address of the person who now has the car.

The car will be returned to you the legal owner, and someone else can sort through who did what to whom.

He can try, but probably a big waste of time.

With proper connections ownership of a bike can be transferred in a day.

Also, maybe she used the abandonment excuse.

Which is probably what she did prior to sale.

Should be an interesting case.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As you're not allowed to sell a car without a passport page showing a long term VISA AND a certificate of residence.

Small correction: a long term visa is not needed for buying or selling a car. A certificate of residence also not needed when having a work permit for example.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

There is every chance she transferred the car into her name before selling it. I know of a few cases of this happening.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As you're not allowed to sell a car without a passport page showing a long term VISA AND a certificate of residence.

If she did then I believe she can sell it without having to show p/port, visa etc as she is a Thai national.

Sorry to hear Bruce.  I'm just guessing all the documentation you need is in the house.  Or it was anyway.  Maybe go with a mutual friend that can help keep peace and ask for your stuff.  Next try taking police with you if that doesn't work.  They will probably want a fee for this service.

19 hours ago, SteveK said:

Another good reason not to spend more in Thailand than you are prepared to just walk away from if the brown stuff hits the fan.

Another good reason the get married to a Thai woman who can get a 90% mortgage.

Nobody steals from a Thai bank.

• Like 1

I thought our reslationship was good. A few days ago when i called she said all happily i have a surprise for you

Then she shows me a pic of the new car. I adk her how she can sell or trade in MY car without me signing off on the title

She says the new car is in her name. Isn't that stealing????  

Yes i have documentation that it is or was my car. A d the insurance and road tax were in my name.

I seriousally doubt the police will do anything about forgery.?????

• Confused 1

I will return to Thailand in 17 days. I will try a d gry it sorted out than. As of right now she thinks every thing just fine. I have not made an issue on the phone. I dont think this going to end well for me. 

Police help ha ha. Thanks for all the responses

• Like 1

If you purchased these after marrying then couldn't it be considered marritial property and not 100% yours/hers anymore? I'm not sure how Thai law works exactly in this regard but it's something to consider. If you divorce then for example you'd have also a claim on 50% of the property value even if it is on her name.

In either case buying a new car while you are abroad is a huge red flag unless you both are so financially flush that a car doesn't register much on the budget. These kind of expenses should be discussed and planned a bit between a couple in normal circumstances.

Edited by eisfeld