Stronger pound, ruble hold promise for Pattaya tourism

webfact

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

The baht needs to drop. Simple.

Of course it does , then so many probs. sorted here , more tourists happier expats , Jobs more secure here in the tourist industry to name a couple but then this from Patts.

Not sure about Patts. today but here the sun is shining , ...oh no its not it has started to rain and could be snow but tomorrow it will be sunny again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Most people book their holidays well in advance. Currency or not, it's not going to affect THIS high season.

EXACTLY......I am 67 lived here 15 yrs, travel extensively in my working career in Oil and Gas.........and NOT ONCE......did Exchange rate ever cross my mind when planning a trip ANYWHERE ....EVER~!!!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

EXACTLY......I am 67 lived here 15 yrs, travel extensively in my working career in Oil and Gas.........and NOT ONCE......did Exchange rate ever cross my mind when planning a trip ANYWHERE ....EVER~!!!

For a short holiday exchange rates don't really make much difference. It only affects the long term residents.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

There are more important things than the exchange rate, freedom, self determination and democracy for a start. As soon as we throw off the EU tyranny the pound will perk up again.

Perhaps you could give examples of EU tyranny please?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A bet on a stronger ruble isn’t as certain.

Trump just signed this bill:

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation to slap sanctions on companies building a massive underwater pipeline to bring Russian natural gas to Germany.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-defense-congress-nord-stream/bill-imposing-sanctions-on-companies-building-russian-gas-pipeline-heads-to-white-house-idUSKBN1YL2EP

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

The boat has already sailed...take a look at the numerous Angeles, phom phen and Da Nang groups and see the reality of how many expats and repeat tourists are shunning Thailand like it has the plague

It’s known as the ChiCom hot money plague.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

If having a good pension and money in the bank then you'll be ok,but those with just enough a few years ago and with the £ (and other currencies) dropping let's say 25% over the last few years,they struggle today or have to go back home or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Well the person you replied to already stated that Britain is part of geographical Europe but goes on to say that at the same time it is somewhat apart from the whole mainland of Europe mindset almost certainly a function of the physical disconnect of the land. I expect over time there will be more of a coming together of culture and mindset but hopefully we do not all run like sheep back into the EU undemocracy.

where is there real democracy in the world? If you asked the many homeless in the UK I don't think it bothers them much. I've worked in the UK and most of my life on the continent, I know where I prefer to live and it isn't in merry old England. The plebs are emotional but they can also be pragmatic once they have let off steam, so yes you will be back in the EU, it's the big club where the future is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1