Importing Wine and Spirits

yamila57

What are the possibilities of importing wine and spirits as a foreign resident for private use.

How many litres of wine and spirits are free of any taxes and duties! 4 Litres of wine, 1 Litre of spirits (how many degrees?)

How high are the taxes and duties for quantities above the "free allowance".

• Haha 1

I looked this up in September and it said 1 liter allowed so that is all I brought back with me from the US. Of course no one checked my baggage. I don’t know what is involved to bring in more than 1 liter but imported liquor is pretty expensive. 

On 12/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, yamila57 said:

How many litres of wine and spirits are free of any taxes and duties! 4 Litres of wine, 1 Litre of spirits (how many degrees?)

One liter (only) of alcoholic beverage, which could be wine, spirits, beer, or whatever containing alcohol, when walking through customs.

If it's not something very special you wish to carry, you might be better off – i,e, cheaper – just buying alcoholic beverage from the stores. There are special stores for imported beer, alcohol and wine, which might also be partly available in some of the super stores, depending of where you are staying; where I stay both BigC and Tesco-Lotus have a nice selection of more special beers, spirits and wine, but still cannot compare with the larger assortment in specialized wine-shops.

An an individual almost impossible to get an import licence for alcohol.

As a foreigner even tougher, & hardly worth it for personal consumption unless have a very special woobla that you like.

Can you share what it is that you can't get here?