Pattaya video: Hi and welcome to Thailand! Young man grabs Russian tourist's necklace and flees

webfact

Pattaya video: Hi and welcome to Thailand! Young man grabs Russian tourist's necklace and flees

3pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

A 33 year old Russian tourist told police how he was the victim of snatch theft in Pattaya around midnight this morning. 

A video on the site of Siam Chon News showed Aleksandr Volokhov explain how a man aged about 20 had approached him and a group of friends walking along the soi next to the Laguna Beach Condominium. 

The man on the motorcycle said a friendly "hi" and both raised their hands in mutual greeting. 

But the motorcyclist grabbed the Russian's 15,000 baht necklace and raced off. 

Police radioed ahead but the miscreant was well gone. 

The Russian had a picture of him wearing the stolen item on his phone - this was photographed by officers at the scene. 

Source: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-06

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Nor the bling or the thieves will ever be seen again, sadly, this is one of the perils of visiting Pattaya and similar places, it happened to me while visiting the philippines Angeles city whereby a motorcycle came from behind and nicked my diamond encrusted gold chain, (yeah, i know) huge and expensive lesson for me for the rest of my life...

• Sad 3

A favourite lark for katoeys, hide in the shadows and wait for someone full of laughing juice wearing a gold chain to walk past, been happening for 40 years that I know of, so it may take the BIB another couple of decades to sort it, naa, just just relieve the katoeys of their booty at the end of the night. ????????

wearing gold chain and a singlet or tank top where I come from says look at me...steal it, if you out and about in the night and you value something leave it at home..Houston Tx, Mumbai India, Thailand...it don't matter, if you are a walking ATM opportunity you are asking for it to happen.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Surprises me that a guy that young, physically fit, and tall would be a target for a jewelry snatch theft. Pretty brazen, and to me suggests a degree of economic desperation. There's a lot of financial hardship up country, lots of people hurting financially. Farm incomes and employment are down, keep hearing reports that other sectors, including tourism, are down as well. Recommend people be a little more cautious than usual.

Money go down, crime go up. 

38 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It happens everywhere, but in Asia they turned it into an art form.

Good point,  most other places ya get some skeezy junkie thug, here ya get...Ladyboys! maybe even hot ones!

Driveby robbery is getting popular among the youngsters, they have removed front and rear light so the victim don't see when they approach and always 2 guys on the bike.

I watch them passing by in my soy at night when they are done "working" in Pattaya and on the way home to the slum district they live. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the bib's know about this activity already. 

Edited by bander
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, johng said:

Yep they do the same with CCTV footage  in a lot of these news reports    blurry shaky video or still photo...why not use a copy  of the  original video

That would require more brain power, sadly Thailand are lacking in that department. 

14 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

if you out and about in the night and you value something leave it at home.

At home in Russia you mean? Leaving it back at the hotel carries a lot of risk too....room safes often not supplied and even if they are, may not be secure. 

21 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Surprises me that a guy that young, physically fit, and tall would be a target for a jewelry snatch theft. Pretty brazen, and to me suggests a degree of economic desperation. There's a lot of financial hardship up country, lots of people hurting financially. Farm incomes and employment are down, keep hearing reports that other sectors, including tourism, are down as well. Recommend people be a little more cautious than usual.

Necklace thefts and crime increased after Purachai destroyed the nite scene in Pattaya and lots of Thais lost their income.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

At home in Russia you mean? Leaving it back at the hotel carries a lot of risk too....room safes often not supplied and even if they are, may not be secure. 

You must use very cheap hotels then. Even the 300 a night places back in the 90s had safety boxes at reception.

Edited by thaibeachlovers