World's richest 2,000 people hold more than poorest 4.6 billion combined - Oxfam

snoop1130

1 million seconds equal 11 and 1/2 days.

1 billion seconds equal 31 and 3/4 years.

Just shows simply the numbers involved

Good old Jeff has 110 of them and is obsessed with space exploration. Looks like he will be spùnking all his on that!

However, it must be said that most billionaires' wealth is wrapped up in stocks/shares and therefore not liquid or at their disposal.

Selling chunks at a time would cause alarm bells to ring and the price to free fall.

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

These numbers are just obscene!

????

I'm sure we could make them even more obscene by changing the calculation! let's for example use "projected real estate value in 10 years" or something.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

And how many of those 2000 are pedophilic Luciferians, belonging to secret societies?

Be easier to list those that aren't! :wink:

Edited by CGW
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

nobodysfriend, No billionaires put a gun to peoples heads and said give me your money.  People become wealthy because they provide something that others "value" and they are willing to pay for it.  Most of the billionaires in the USA are first generation.  China ( a communist country) is creating 2 new billionaires every week.  What you liberals forget is that these wealthy people provide value to society far more than those without wealthy.  Look at Bill Gates, HE WAS UNDERPAID.  If you count the productivity given the world by Microsoft and windows he was paid a pittance.  Jeff Bezos is the wealthiest man in the world.  First generation wealth.  Microsoft employs 175,000 people and Amazon employs 750,000 people.  If you have a lottery where the top prize is only $1 million you sell few tickets.  If you have a lottery where the top prize is $1 billion dollars you will sell many.  YOU WANT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE STRIVING TO BECOME BILLIONAIRES.  Those are the people who invent things, make society in general richer, and employ people.  Lastly, they really don't get to keep the money.  At their death, they either need to give the majority of it to charity, or the government will take at least 50% of it in inheritance taxes.  

Agree, 

the only billionaires if have any issues with are those that got their money in kleptocracy, asian and african dictators, russian oligarchs etc...

Fair game to bezos, gates and co, the world needs more of them, not less.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

nobodysfriend, No billionaires put a gun to peoples heads and said give me your money.  People become wealthy because they provide something that others "value" and they are willing to pay for it.  Most of the billionaires in the USA are first generation.  China ( a communist country) is creating 2 new billionaires every week.  What you liberals forget is that these wealthy people provide value to society far more than those without wealthy.  Look at Bill Gates, HE WAS UNDERPAID.  If you count the productivity given the world by Microsoft and windows he was paid a pittance.  Jeff Bezos is the wealthiest man in the world.  First generation wealth.  Microsoft employs 175,000 people and Amazon employs 750,000 people.  If you have a lottery where the top prize is only $1 million you sell few tickets.  If you have a lottery where the top prize is $1 billion dollars you will sell many.  YOU WANT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE STRIVING TO BECOME BILLIONAIRES.  Those are the people who invent things, make society in general richer, and employ people.  Lastly, they really don't get to keep the money.  At their death, they either need to give the majority of it to charity, or the government will take at least 50% of it in inheritance taxes.  

Thanks for your post . I have nothing against billionaires ... I just think there should not be any .

I agree , some people have been clever and creative , and earned billions ( look at Bill Gates f.e. he's a philantroph , he gave a good part of his money away to help people ... *)  nothing wrong with that , but it would be better if  ( the ) a good non corrupt government took care of that ... Again , money that is not needed by somebody anymore , ( because super rich anyway ) , should be distributed to and used to solve some of the many problems in our present societies ...?

Anyway , regarding the inheritance taxes , please do not be naive ... these people set up international companies with their headquarters in low- tax countries , just to avoid paying taxes ... I think their lawyers would be very creative about what concerns the inheritance taxes ...

* Asian billionaires do apparently not have this tendancy ... I read this somewhere not long ago , not remember where ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1