25 confirmed coronavirus cases in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

I'm completely unaware of the system in Thailand - but are these definately real figures, or could there be grounds to say they are hiding true figures?

There are no real figures here: they are all distorted figures created by use of girdles, trusses, spandex, underwires, thongs, sutures, etc., and then re-touched in PhotoShop, or presented as seen in distorted mirrors.

Look at the figures carefully: you can see they are so tightly bound they almost can't breathe.

~o:37;

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont get too cocky Thailand

“For those patients who have been cured, there is a likelihood of a relapse,” Zhan Qingyuan, the director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital, said during a Friday press conference.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Who pays if you get ill? Travel insurance won't cover it as it's an epidemic which are pretty much always excluded.

I asked my insurance provider April and they said I'm covered for coronavirus. But have to read the fine print.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Who pays if you get ill? Travel insurance won't cover it as it's an epidemic which are pretty much always excluded.

Not the case. There may be some policies with such an exclusion but certsinly not all.

And it is nowhere near being an epidemic in Thailand. China yes, but not here.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   !   25 confirmed cases in Thailand.  yikes  !  i'm going to Vietnam for a holiday and get away from this virus.

You can run Steven but you can't hide.Apparently Vietnam now has a confirmed case of human to human transmission.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001272

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   !   25 confirmed cases in Thailand.  yikes  !  i'm going to Vietnam for a holiday and get away from this virus.

Can you take Uncle Tu with you as well? Feel free to fly about 2,000 km further north east. I'm sure there are many people who will chip in and help with the airfare. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

I'm completely unaware of the system in Thailand - but are these definately real figures, or could there be grounds to say they are hiding true figures?

You could definately see why they would be motivated to downplay everything. 

You wont find any spare private rooms in CNX hospitals they are full of Chinese currently my wife has tried getting her mum into a private room after her operation.

• Like 1

Another 41 people aboard the Princess Cruises ship anchored in Yokohama, Japan, have coronavirus, it has been confirmed.

That is more than double the number of known coronavirus patients on the boat.

Sixty-one people aboard the Diamond Princess have the deadly virus and another 3700 passengers are effectively trapped on board.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Another 41 people aboard the Princess Cruises ship anchored in Yokohama, Japan, have coronavirus, it has been confirmed.

That is more than double the number of known coronavirus patients on the boat.

Sixty-one people aboard the Diamond Princess have the deadly virus and another 3700 passengers are effectively trapped on board.

Cruise ship are like floating petri dish. 

• Like 2

Start of another day in the 'End of the World' saga. Figures updated at 07:53 Thai time today:

31,481 confirmed cases ( up 3,205, (4,824 (15%) in critical condition)

Deaths: 638 (up 73 same as yesterday)

1,563 recovered. (up 391)

And should be noted that 98% if these stats are in the Hubei province.

Edited by HHTel
addition
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Certainly the Thai government have (supposedly) had a reputation of bending the truth in the past over certain matters just to save face. But what would they actually gain from lying about the current number of confirmed cases? Containment of the virus is the ultimate goal here for everyone and the only way that can be achieved is to regularly relay accurate, truthful and up to date information to the general public so we can all learn and adapt as necessary.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Certainly the Thai government have (supposedly) had a reputation of bending the truth in the past over certain matters just to save face. But what would they actually gain from lying about the current number of confirmed cases? Containment of the virus is the ultimate goal here for everyone and the only way that can be achieved is to regularly relay accurate, truthful and up to date information to the general public so we can all learn and adapt as necessary.  

Unfortunately, your entire premise is based upon your last sentence.  

The ultimate goal for those in Thai government is to remain in power for as long as possible while simultaneously enriching themselves at the expense of the majority of the Thai population.  

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

the only way that can be achieved is to regularly relay accurate, truthful and up to date information to the general public so we can all learn and adapt as necessary.  

Good one.

Have you been here more than a few months?

Keeping the "general public" well-informed isn't very high on the PtB's to-do list here.

The less the masses know the better. Best to keep them dumbed down, and on the farm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

You could definately see why they would be motivated to downplay everything. 

Not only are these real figures, but where the hell are they!?  Typical half ar**d reporrting from Thailand!