Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

British courts have no choice than to defer to EU Law because EU Law has primacy over any conflicting national laws of any member states.

Of course, that's why there have been no cases where British courts have had to determine 'if' and to what extent EU law supercedes UK law. The judge just picked up the big book of EU laws and declared 'I've no choice but to defer to EU law'.

Must be wonderful to have the inside track the way you do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yeah, old Grouse gone to cover since brexit and

dreading the coming EU collapse?

Where the vulture banks gather there will be a carcase

to feed on.

Coming EU collapse? Lol. The UK economy will collapse long before the EU does.

Look at the mess your economy is in before you talk about a much richer, bigger, more powerful set of economies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Of course, that's why there have been no cases where British courts have had to determine 'if' and to what extent EU law supercedes UK law. The judge just picked up the big book of EU laws and declared 'I've no choice but to defer to EU law'.

Must be wonderful to have the inside track the way you do.

BTW do they (U.K.) have already written laws , as I came to the surprising conclusion they have no written constitution ……??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

BTW do they (U.K.) have already written laws , as I came to the surprising conclusion they have no written constitution ……??

The British are not a methodical, organised or intellectual people. They have a constitution, it is written in disparate acts of parliament, court cases and documented conventions. But they never could be bothered to codify it properly like the magnificent French constitution.

Just like they don't bother to codify or plan their production in factories properly, hence much lower productivity of the British worker. Not to mention the NHS which is a total chaos.

It's a Schande.

Then again this has forced them to develop a considerable common sense, which admittedly, we in Europe sometimes miss when we construct our amazing intellectual edifices. The British have their strengths as well, they're excellent mechanics.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Off topic where are you from guessing games have been removed. This is an anonymous forum you will not poke and pry into a members nationality or where he comes from.

This is off topic trolling and you will be warned and you will be getting a posting holiday if you continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's the trouble with you besides the S issue you, is that appear to assume far to much.

I thought your post was relatively clear, but please clear up my misunderstanding. How can something be  both 'plain humour' and a scathing satire of the gammons of day? I guess this is the genius of the writing which Evadgib mentioned - how it can appeal to many on all levels. I guess for many, they didn't realise that the joke was on them...

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No mention of the swingers. I guess you continually to selective choose what you reply too.

I honestly have no knowledge of the private lives of the Krankies, nor am I sure why it is important to you that I comment on it, but whatever floats your boat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Indeed so. They don't get it at all.

The creator of Alf Garnett made clear the show was meant to satirise right wing racism.

Whoooooosh

It went over the heads of that demographic, who actually watched the series admiring Alf Garnett's very racism that was meant to be ridiculed.

You gotta hand it to the British though, their TV is a notch above the rest. Well, Eastenders excepted obviously. And Coronation street.

stacks of very good actors on the island,

and show/series/film writers

but am not too keen on the BBC flat show stuff

1 hour ago, david555 said:

big heaps of written legislation in UK,

paper mills in Finland make quite a few quid on that

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

stacks of very good actors on the island,

and show/series/film writers

but am not too keen on the BBC flat show stuff

Fantastic actors, but also their documentary series can be excellent.

BBC documentaries are one of the few successful British exports the world actually wants to buy.

They have some excellent documentaries.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

big heaps of written legislation in UK,

paper mills in Finland make quite a few quid on that

"big heaps of written legislation"

left and right lying somewhere  …. but not a 1 piece concept if I understood it correct at the time of the  prorogation discussion 

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

Here you go:

Eve Geddie, director of Amnesty International’s European Institutions, said: “The reckless measures being taken by the Greek authorities are a blatant breach of EU and international law and will put lives at risk. People seeking asylum are once again being used as bargaining chips in a callous political game.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/greece-violating-eu-international-law-amnesty/1753460

We all know that those refugee status is very high used for economic reasons , however not all ….,this is just counting for ALL western country's …… many use it as a ready made future whiteout any sacrifices made by our ancestors who fought  strikes and suffered for it , no exception for remainers or brexiteers , U.K or E.U. or even USA   we can not be the welfare for the whole world .

Besides that U.N. refugee expired notice , also point clear that those refugees must seek acyl in the first safe country from the one they running away from …… something most don't do  as the West is more shining and free money delivering ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OMG. What a dunce.

That was very clear stated in the prorogation discussion , I don't suck this out of my thum , not meaing you don't have written laws , but not a real complete constitution … or else your journalists are telling loonies that time …. and not Guardian ones but Sky ones 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here you go:

Eve Geddie, director of Amnesty International’s European Institutions, said: “The reckless measures being taken by the Greek authorities are a blatant breach of EU and international law and will put lives at risk. People seeking asylum are once again being used as bargaining chips in a callous political game.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/greece-violating-eu-international-law-amnesty/1753460

Except it's not. How was anything the Greeks did a breach of EU law?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

The same moment the Greek close border  Turkey send 1000's of police to the border with Greek also to avoid those deceived refugees by Erdogan to flow back inside Turkey....so what is the difference , besides remember that U.K. mantra  "taking control of our borders and laws" ….echoing , so this something in practice of it 

Maybe the Greeks should have taken the tough British stance on border control which the British now use to control Polish and Romanian immigration..."Okay, you can come in, you can come in without any visa or whatever...but you better only stay for 6 months"....

That's how the Brexiters took control of borders and hope to curtail Polish and Romanian immigration.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Maybe the Greeks should have taken the tough British stance on border control which the British now use to control Polish and Romanian immigration..."Okay, you can come in, you can come in without any visa or whatever...but you better only stay for 6 months"....

That's how the Brexiters took control of borders and hope to curtail Polish and Romanian immigration.

Now those Polish and even Romanians could / would maybe go back ….., but sure those Syrians Afghanis , Ethiopians& and similar not …. they are in their dream paradise to stay and even bring in their family's …. that is how it goes...