Makro is screening and I was refused entry

eyecatcher

15 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Went to the bathrooms, splashed my face with cold water and got the green light.

55555....interesting.  I didn't know they were rejecting those with high temps, thought it was just a courtesy fyi thing.  I went to Makro the other day and got tested (temp fine). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

yeah I can attest they are doing the same dumb <deleted> at Makro in Cha-am 2 days ago

I usually walk there in the sun and as it's about a 30m walk and I would be hot AF normally.

luckily when I went there 2 days ago it was like 9:30pm and I wasn't hot, I would have been irritated if they turned me away after walking 30 minutes.

maybe we need to be buying those blue things they put on kids foreheads to cool them down now?

probably get deported for using those, lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

They have scanned and denied people, told them to sit a few minutes, re scanned them and then let them enter. It's a miracle that they were cured so quickly 

It's all about the numbers of 'possibly infected'...

• Like 1

Just now, NCC1701A said:

one good thing coming out of all of this is hand sanitizer is popping up at Bluport Mall, Gourmet Market, Tops and Big C.

and people are using it.

by the way, did you know Big C is my nickname?

Saw a huge display of hand sanitizers at Makro, too.

• Haha 1

This is why all of my shopping is online, mostly Tesco and lazada and that was before the virus hit. Supermarkets, traffic, long lines etc 

Let someone else do the donkey work! 

Edited by madmen

33 minutes ago, kekalot said:

maybe we need to be buying those blue things they put on kids foreheads to cool them down now?

probably get deported for using those

No danger of deportation because those things do nothing to reduce the body temperature.  They may make the wearer feel cooler, as would anything damp and cold, but that's all.

43 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the security guards got bored of pretending to be security guards and wanted to play doctor.

Ha yes.

Today the dude asked me to open wide to check my throat?...

Temperature and hand sanitizer required prior to entry.

I passed and bought some water.  

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

one good thing coming out of all of this is hand sanitizer is popping up at Bluport Mall, Gourmet Market, Tops and Big C.

and people are using it.

by the way, did you know Big C is my nickname?

I think that's called leading with your chin. I'll let it go, for fear of wrath from on high. Big C and Tops in Chiang Rai has the hand sanitizer. I'd just like to know where the hell I can buy it.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

This is why all of my shopping is online, mostly Tesco and lazada and that was before the virus hit. Supermarkets, traffic, long lines etc 

Let someone else do the donkey work! 

How do you know the packages you are getting are not coated with coronavirus?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd just like to know where the hell I can buy it.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wendy-alcohol-gel-hand-sanitizer-without-using-water-480ml-i713792913-s1367576915.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.27.5b515bcfj0ixcZ&search=1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think that's called leading with your chin.

its a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Saw a huge display of hand sanitizers at Makro, too.

My Makro was sold out only had ordinary Dettol, so I bought a three pack of vinegar, my grandma swore it kills all germs, moulds etc, probably my granddad too.

• Haha 2

i had a red light last week on entering a government building, they let me in ????, i've been checked every day since on entering and not had a red light, assume there was a problem with the machine as i know when i have a fever, and i cant have a fever for just one day... can i?!

And I am sure if there would be no controls or they would let anybody in then some people would still complain.

I am sure their temperature control is far away from perfect. But if it keeps only one infected person out of a store then that is already good news.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But if it keeps only one infected person out of a store then that is already good news.

Best to assume everyone one out there is infected & take your own precautions.  Just like when driving here, assume everyone is a retard & likely to pull out infront of you or perform some other brain dead manoeuvre. Every man for himself ????  

• Like 2