MOTO GP CANCELLED

mercman24

just a thought how will it affect you, personally, ie travel plans, hotels booked, its just the things we never get to hear about, (everyone has got a story to tell) i know guys who booked hotels a year ago, will they get reimbursed ? so whats your thoughts on this,

Well it has got to be a good thing imho, I cannot watch it free anyway on fullsport.com until a month is up so as long as the virus thingy goes on I guess followers like me will have to wait.

At the moment it's just been postponed

As the global outbreak of coronavirus continues to develop, the Thai government has communicated that it won’t be possible to hold the OR Thailand Grand Prix on its original date. The FIM, IRTA and Dorna therefore regret to announce that the event, due to be held on the 22nd of March in Buriram, has been postponed.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/02/or-thailand-grand-prix-postponed/326216

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

just a thought how will it affect you, personally, ie travel plans, hotels booked, its just the things we never get to hear about, (everyone has got a story to tell) i know guys who booked hotels a year ago, will they get reimbursed ? so whats your thoughts on this,

well i was going to go and now i am not. went to the ticket website last week and saw many seats available. but there had been so many other cancellations of other events I chickened out and sure enough it was cancelled. also Pattaya Music festival, full moon party, auto show, all gone now. I am thinking everything is going to be cancelled soon. including Songkran.  300,000,000 children out of closed schools now world wide.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I went last year. Only decent viewing is from the main grandstand which was sold out months before. Only decent hotel I could book was in Korat, an hours drive away. Ended up watching all the races on the big screen in the Chang beer tent. First and last time.

main grandstand was not sold out this time. i was surprised. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it has got to be a good thing imho, I cannot watch it free anyway on fullsport.com until a month is up so as long as the virus thingy goes on I guess followers like me will have to wait.

"as long as the virus thingy goes on"

Interesting choice of words. A definite downplay of an extremely critical situation.

Covid-19, aka "The China Virus" is hardly something to be trivialized by referring to it as a "thingy".

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Interesting choice of words. A definite downplay of an extremely critical situation.

Covid-19, aka "The China Virus" is hardly something to be trivialized by referring to it as a "thingy".

It's a flu virus thingy that has not been control so was other thingy is it mr expert.

Cancelling large gatherings is a good thingy. 

• Haha 1

Jesus, are you actually being serious? There are some desperately sad people on this forum.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Awesome, Dorna has announced Thailand will run in October...hopefully the beer virus don't mess with the calendar anymore.

Am glad I did not cancel my accommodation !!

motogp.jpg

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/05/carmelo-ezpeleta-our-aim-is-to-maintain-the-championship/326520

Doubt any had the opportunity to cancel the event booking.

Empathize with those that planned something special and can't be flexible in their plans.

October is a better time anyway. Fewer chances of 'rain stopped play' occasions.

I have flights booked, holidays locked in, accommodation booked for myself and two friends from Australia.

now the accompanying is flexible and the hotel will change dates however flights are a different story and company holidays are not always easy to change.

There will be a LOT of international travellers affected by this.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:27 PM, alacrity said:

Doubt any had the opportunity to cancel the event booking.

Empathize with those that planned something special and can't be flexible in their plans.

October is a better time anyway. Fewer chances of 'rain stopped play' occasions.

Really, i thought October was the worst month for rain in Thailand. Usually heavy all month.