Covid-19: ALL fake news! Don't share reports of foreigners dying in Thailand - it's rubbish, say Thais

webfact

I understand botching up a test is quite easy so once it gets out they can just claim incompetence or maybe faulty test kits.
Should be no problem to whitewash a cover up.

Edited by monkfish
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Thai authorities are appealing to people online not to share such nonsense that is misleading and damaging. 

The reverse is very much true.

The Thai peoples of Thailand are appealing to the Thai authorities not to share such nonsense that is misleading and damaging to the people of Thailand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

All the non-Thai stations that broadcast on 'True' have been censored.

Has been so for a long time   they also routinely blur out  cigarettes,guns,knifes,alcohol and "wobbly bits"

a good reason not to use there "service"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:
44 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Thai deaths are reported as 'lung infections'

That's how covid19 kills you, this is like recording people dying in the ambulance after a traffic accident as 'injured'

My Thai wife (age 68) has a very extensive set of original village life relatives and friends, career associates, online group friends, etc.

If ANY of them (OR PEOPLE THEY KNEW OF) died from a "lung infection" in the current situation we would be hearing about it through her social media contacts. But so far,

~crickets~

Edited by SometimezaGreatNotion
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

If they are not testing for it SpiderMike, then one would never know, and died of a Lung Infection would be listed, or something else.  You have to test to find it, not sure that that is actually happening in this country.  I know other countries that do not have enough test kits as of yet with the USA being one of them.

• Like 2

It's sad to see how little faith forum users have in the government of the day.  And the army,  charged with the responsibility of keeping us all safe from those troublesome Burmese and Cambodians.   Carry on lads, it may be me that needs Attitude Adjustment! ????

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

My Thai wife (age 68) has a very extensive set of original village life relatives and friends, career associates, online group friends, etc.

If ANY of them (OR PEOPLE THEY KNEW OF) died from a "lung infection" in the current situation we would be hearing about it through her social media contacts. But so far,

~crickets~

This is how they caught most of those worked from South Korea who absconded from quarantine. They were reported by members of their own villages. Bad news spreads quickly these days. 

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

...CV19 "test results" negative, lung infection diagnosis.  Take 2 para's, come back in a month.  A doctors diagnosis is never questioned...ever.  And where would a local go for a second opinion?  Where would you or I go, for a second opinion/test?

Edited by CanuckThai