British travellers advised to return to the UK now

All British travellers should return to the UK now, where and while commercial flight options are still available.

If you are a permanent resident in Thailand, you should stay and follow the advice of the Thai authorities.

Guidance for British people travelling overseas during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus

Follow the UK in Thailand on social media:

https://twitter.com/ukinthailand

https://www.facebook.com/ukinthailand/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brommers said:

Who in their right mind would go back to the UK! A population of selfish, panic buying idiots who cannot see that doing just how they please is jeopardizing the health of many others. And as for those who attack ambulances and the cars of health workers there are no words of contempt strong enough.

Very well said !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when i see how calmly

the thai authorities are handling the situation. not spreading dangerous fear and panic like

western governments and media are ding, i think thailand is the better choice to pass this virus madness.

Thailand will NOT suffer much from this virus, not medically, not economically, and

not psychologically .

Check what is happaning in france, italy, spain, argentina, colombia, peru, venezuaela - total

shutdown of the country with restrictions on even internal movements.

From a quick research i did, all those restrictions are being decided and coordinated

on some global level by WHO and other organizations.

countries have no choice but to comply.

the situation in thailand is acctually good.

the number of sick and dead is low, and this is not a lie. once the number

is high, it can't be hidden by no government. hospitals start filling and bodies 

start piling up. this is not happaning in thailand, although it was exposed to china

long time ago.

so it is reasonable to believe that now we - the whole globe - is in the pick of this

crisis, and within few weeks, less than a month, the worst part will be behind us.

president trump said yesterday that he will open the economy within two weeks.

so acctually you should see yourself as lucky for being in thailand during this time.

anyway there is no where to run, and no need to run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brommers said:

Who in their right mind would go back to the UK! A population of selfish, panic buying idiots who cannot see that doing just how they please is jeopardizing the health of many others. And as for those who attack ambulances and the cars of health workers there are no words of contempt strong enough.

I wish I could berate you for saying such things, but I can’t because you’re spot on with everything you say.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, twix38 said:

Yes. Far better to return to uk.

I would be concerned if I got it in Thailand at the level of care and expertise  in Thai hospital. I have had many visits for different issues and regularly been dismayed at the competence and treatment. Then there's the potential cost!

I am back in UK and feel much better. Really relieved. However this plays out, I have seen enough to know Thailand does not react appropriately or give a level of confidence were the 5hit to hit the fan. Thank God I got out before it ramps up in Thailand! 

If I get it I am so thankful it will not be in Thailand!

Have you seen the footage on BBC and Sky showing packed parks and coastal towns while people are out enjoying the Covid-19 holiday? Have you seen the packed tube trains? After seeing all this I’ll never call Thai people irresponsible again.... well not for a while anyway.

I question just how safe you actually are compared to how safe you THINK you are. 
In any case, I hope you stay safe

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, twix38 said:

Yes. Far better to return to uk.

I would be concerned if I got it in Thailand at the level of care and expertise  in Thai hospital. I have had many visits for different issues and regularly been dismayed at the competence and treatment. Then there's the potential cost!

I am back in UK and feel much better. Really relieved. However this plays out, I have seen enough to know Thailand does not react appropriately or give a level of confidence were the 5hit to hit the fan. Thank God I got out before it ramps up in Thailand! 

If I get it I am so thankful it will not be in Thailand!

Fully agree. I would further advise that those who are not here to not return as you never know what the next crisis is and when it will hit. 

• Haha 1