Advice for non o Multi holders

This has possibly been brought up in other posts but I guess many would be in a similar situation. My multi non o visa expires June 25th 2020, current 3 month stamp permission to stay until 14th April.

I suppose options are: 1. Extend for 60 days between now and 30th April (and longer depending on if Amnesty is extended). 2. Extend for one year. 3. If borders open after 30th April do a border hop and get another 90 days. My question is, are the above possible, and, can a 60 day extension be done after the permitted to stay stamp date (in my case 14th April)?   If I do a border hop after 30th April, and the Amnesty is not extended beyond then, will I be overstay up until the date I leave and, will my visa be made invalid if I overstay?

Looking for some advice as to the best way to proceed, btw, I cannot do a one year extension at the moment due to inadequate funds. Thanks for any advice.

Edited by johnny1966

I have the same issue, in according to the new automatic visa extensions and if I read it correctly it states that all visas are extended without a visit to immigration until April 30 and after that its anybody's guess which I would think they will extend it for another 30 days if things don't improve and stay the same. I could be wrong is the matter is still bit confusing to some.

If your current entry stamp expires 14th April I would go and get your 60 day extension before the 14th. I don't know if any automatic extension until April 30th applies to Non-O visa holders.

I'm in a similar, but better, situation my ME Non-O expires June 4th and my current stamp is until end May, so will go for a 60 day extension then, and a 1 extension after that as I'm fortunate enough to have funds in the bank.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If your current entry stamp expires 14th April I would go and get your 60 day extension before the 14th. I don't know if any automatic extension until April 30th applies to Non-O visa holders.

I'm in a similar, but better, situation my ME Non-O expires June 4th and my current stamp is until end May, so w inill go for a 60 day extension then, and a 1 extension after that as I'm fortunate enough to have funds in the bank.

Good point about the 60 day extension. Maybe someone can shed some light on this one? Ubonjoe?

Edited by johnny1966

17 minutes ago, fishtank said:

I would visit Immigration myself rather than believe all this amnesty BS and end up with a problem.

this is what i'm going to do.....i'm thinking of just getting the ext next week which will bring me up to mid June and then do border hop before non-o expires.... then get 3 months plus another 60 day ext..........thb i don't want to be doing border hop without something stamped in my passport..... either way, you can't do much once the non-o is expired.

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Guys, what you suggest is exactly what this amnesty was to prevent.

Those with short term permission to stay not visiting the Immigration offices.

I agree, they'll be giving automatic extensions until the borders are open again.

That'll be the time to do a border jump for another 90 days, or get a new Non-o VISA (or 60 day extension).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in a similar position to those who are concerned, my current 90 days expires mid April and I was planning on using the 60 day extension route. I am confident that there is no need and Tanoshi is right so will just sit it out.

My concern will be what happens when things start to return to the norm (whatever that is with Thai immigration) Will they let us leave and re-enter to activate another 90 days, will they let us apply for 60 days or more likely tell us look you have already had xx number of days so you are now back to getting out of dodge and starting afresh you didn't leave when you should have so that multi entry is now dead. Not one of us will know until its too late.

I know what should happen but my paranoia keeps shouting in my ear go get the 60 days you fool, because you know they will be out for a pound of flesh when this all ends.

As I said I am going to try and sit it out and not risk myself or any Immigration Officers health by visiting them I just hope it does not come back to bite my as*

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Guys, what you suggest is exactly what this amnesty was to prevent.

Those with short term permission to stay not visiting the Immigration offices.

You don't need to apply for 30, or 60 day extensions of any kind as your exempt and have permission to stay until further announcements, be it 1, 2, or 3 months.

The cabinet didn't approve this order to not have foreigners huddled together like sheep, wondering if the guy in front or behind may be a virus carry. It was approved to protect the Immigration officers who had to go face to face with a hundred sheep, any one of whom could be carrying the virus.

You had to bump shoulders with a few, whilst the IO's were forced to bump shoulders with hundreds

Even those of us that have an annual extension are exempt 90 day reports until notified otherwise.

The only visitors to Immigration should be the long stay termers who need to apply for their annual extensions. Everyone else 'stay home'.

Exactly what I thought. In other words, if one's permission to stay stamp ends on the 25th of April and one applies for a 60 day extension after this permission to stay, say on the 29th of April, one still should be granted an extension.

21 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Exactly what I thought. In other words, if one's permission to stay stamp ends on the 25th of April and one applies for a 60 day extension after this permission to stay, say on the 29th of April, one still should be granted an extension.

No!

????‍♂️ The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case.

????‍♂️Aliens are advised to follow announcements regarding Immigration measures closely for updates. (Currently measures announced until 30 April 2020 or further updates)

You'll be exempt until notified otherwise.

If more think like you we're back to square one with overcrowding and unable to keep social distancing again at the Immigration offices.

It's more than likely this amnesty will be extended for 30 days at a time until such time as borders are open again, which in my opinion will be at least the end of June.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

anyway... its beginning to look like a moot point as all roads are locked down from Darkside to Jomtien...(for Pattaya residents).... coincided exact same day as the visa waiver announcement ..... obviously all planned to get as much revenue possible.... ahem... i mean to protect the farangs from the virus

HI all,

Re: 1 year Non 'O' Multi Entry Visa.

My Visa expires on 22 July 2020.

My current 90 day entry stamp expires on Monday 13 April 2020.

Due to all the confusion regarding getting an automatic extension until 30 April, my wife has just telephoned the Immigration Office in Kalasin, Kalasin Province.

The I/O clearly told her that we have to/must come in person to the Immigration Office in Kalasin to get a 'normal' 60 day extension.

NO automatic extension until 30 April!

Surely this cannot be correct?

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated, especial if ubonjoe can shed some light?

Many thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Doe said:

HI all,

Due to all the confusion regarding getting an automatic extension until 30 April, my wife has just telephoned the Immigration Office in Kalasin, Kalasin Province.

The I/O clearly told her that we have to/must come in person to the Immigration Office in Kalasin to get a 'normal' 60 day extension.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated, especial if ubonjoe can shed some light?

Many thanks in advance.

Here lies the problem, every IO all over the country will make up their own rules/interpretation of the amnesty.

Clearly he is wrong but good luck trying to tell him that when you go for next extension.

The amnesty is fine for tourists who are stuck here and leaving via airports (probably never to return) but longtermers might want at least check with their local IO.....could also forsee problems rocking up on a border run with a void extension of stay.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Here lies the problem, every IO all over the country will make up their own rules/interpretation of the amnesty.

Clearly he is wrong but good luck trying to tell him that when you go for next extension.

The amnesty is fine for tourists who are stuck here and leaving via airports (probably never to return) but longtermers might want at least check with their local IO.....could also forsee problems rocking up on a border run with a void extension of stay.

So this is confusing. No-one can really say with certainty it seems.

29 minutes ago, Johnny Doe said:

HI all,

Many thanks in advance.

There is no need to apply for a 60 day extension.

You'll be granted automatic monthly extensions under the amnesty.

If you seriously consider the lockdowns and reopening of borders will happen anytime soon, your living on a different planet than the rest of us.

Of course if you insist on a 60 day extension due to marriage to a Thai, then yes you'll have to apply in person with the wife, exposing you, your wife and the IO to possible infection. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you seriously consider the lockdowns and reopening of borders will happen anytime soon, your living on a different planet than the rest of us.

Of course if you insist on a 60 day extension due to marriage to a Thai, then yes you'll have to apply in person with the wife, exposing you, your wife and the IO to possible infection. 

Thank you Tanoshi.

My concern is that we are aware of the automatic extension but the Kalasin I/O aren't, so in the future when this is over and I go to the I/O, they will view it that I've overstayed.

Just to clarify, I am on the same planet as you and I do not want or insist on a 60 day extension. I am trying to get the automatic extension so my wife and I do not have to go to the Immigration Office but it is them, Kalasin Immigration, insisting I go there to get a 60 day extension and not an automatic extension, as they are not aware of it!

Anyone wishing to do a years extension in the next few months from a non o may be wise to get the 60 day extension from their local immigration office first, as i doubt that the 1/2 month visa waiver would be accepted when it comes to having proof of 400/800k in the bank for 2 months prior to the years extention, if it was accepted i can imagine it causing issues.

22 minutes ago, Johnny Doe said:

Just to clarify, I am on the same planet as you and I do not want or insist on a 60 day extension. I am trying to get the automatic extension so my wife and I do not have to go to the Immigration Office but it is them, Kalasin Immigration, insisting I go there to get a 60 day extension and not an automatic extension, as they are not aware of it!

Depends when you contacted them. The ministerial announcement was only published late on 7th April.

All Immigration offices should have been aware of it by April 8th (Wednesday).

The announcement is published on Immigrations website:

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension?click=1

You cannot be in an overstay position or be fined whilst the amnesty is in effect.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Depends when you contacted them. The ministerial announcement was only published late on 7th April.

All Immigration offices should have been aware of it by April 8th (Wednesday).

The announcement is published on Immigrations website:

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension?click=1

You cannot be in an overstay position or be fined whilst the amnesty is in effect.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

My wife telephoned Kalasin Immigration this morning about 10.00 - 10.30.

We have since sent that link, via Line/FB, to the Immigration Office in Kalasin. 

Just waiting to see what their reaction/answer is!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnny Doe said:

Thanks again, much appreciated.

My wife telephoned Kalasin Immigration this morning about 10.00 - 10.30.

We have since sent that link, via Line/FB, to the Immigration Office in Kalasin. 

Just waiting to see what their reaction/answer is!

The Ministerial announcement supersedes original orders.

First mistake was even phoning them, second mistake letting the wife do it.

I'm sure you've probably confused them with the mention of a 60 day extension, which is not covered under the amnesty. Save the 60 day extension until the amnesty ends. In-between your current permission of stay is automatically extended under the amnesty.

16 minutes ago, hugolars said:

There is no such thing.
You have to leave the country to activate another 60 days on ME.

Not sure what you are writing about.

They discussion was about a 60 day extension to visit a Thai wife or child.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:
  1. A Non O ME gives 90-day entries, not 60 day entries
  2. The current 90-day permission to stay (which expires after 26 March) is automatically extended until 30 April (with no need to visit immigration) and will no doubt be automatically extended further with an announcement near the end of the month.
  3. Those on any permission to stay, even under normal circumstances, can apply for a 60-day extension to visit their Thai spouse or child.

if only I would have waited... mine was to expire mid april... so I went 25 of march... paid 1900 baht, got 60 days as my extension to stay was denied by IO based on one signature of X missing

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Those on any permission to stay, even under normal circumstances, can apply for a 60-day extension to visit their Thai spouse or child.

Although I'd emphasise Tim, under the current amnesty they will have their extension of stay automatically extended until such time the amnesty is cancelled.

I'd save any 60 day extension application until such time the normal conditions are resumed to avoid the hoards crossing the borders at that time.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I had to bring my child... they don't give a <deleted> about any non-thai

oeps, my child is thai, still did not care 

13 minutes ago, justin case said:

I had to bring my child... they don't give a <deleted> about any non-thai

oeps, my child is thai, still did not care 

Off topic, but your situation is somewhat different in that you were refused an annual extension based on a Thai child because of an uncooperative ex.

I do find it amazing that they granted a 60 day extension on the same basis.

Your issue could be that you do not have full parental rights over your child.

Another topic!

Edited by Tanoshi

57 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I'd save any 60 day extension application until such time the normal conditions are resumed to avoid the hoards crossing the borders at that time.

There would also be hoards at the Immigration office to avail of their normal 30 and 60 day extensions.

Going to be s##t show everyhwhere once borders open and amnesty dropped...