Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

21 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Ok... So receiving SSDI  as I do, and it being direct deposited to Bangkok Bank, the USA fed can do the international format. I suspect it goes through the New York branch anyway, but I always get it at the same time I would if a USA bank. Very fast.

Thanks for all the advice to use the non-filers site, but what is the URL? Also, can I have the stimulus deposited to my USA bank instead?

IRS will send a direct deposit in ACH domestic format; not ACH IAT format.  Several US govt agencies still do not have/use ACH IAT format capability like the IRS.  But don't worry, Bangkok Bank NY is still letting US govt payments not in ACH IAT continue to pass-thru no problem.   So, use your Bangkok Bank acct for the direct deposit if desired....or use whatever US bank you desire.    It's only personal ACH transfers from banks, credit unions, brokerages, etc., that Bangkok Bank NY will reject.

Here's the weblink to the Non-filers tool...on the right side of the page. Disregard references that if drawing a SS benefit you don't need to use the tool.  Remember, take you time...be sure every entry is correct....as mentioned earlier you don't have to enter much but those few things like your name, SSN, address, bank acct info, that dependent question, etc., must be correct as the IRS will not correct minor things like they will with a normal return.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
On 7/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, andy said:

And the saga continues...

Decided to check Get My Payment again this afternoon, with the new address I gave when I called in to get my check reissued a month ago.  Got the same "info does not match what we have on file" error.  Oh well, not a surprise.  Then, just to see if the error message would be different, I decided to put my old 2018 butchered address from the IRS into Get My Payment.

And what did I see when I clicked "Submit"?  ????A blue "Enter Bank Account Info" button ????.  Entered all the required info, clicked submit, half expecting it to return an error.  Nope, I got "Your payment will be deposited into account xxx".

Now will it actually be deposited, since the IRS rep on the phone said the reissued check would have to be mailed and a direct deposit wasn't possible anymore?  I don't know, but I figured I may as well get my banking info into the system and sort it out later.  If there is a 2nd stimulus I should in theory be good to go for that one at least.  Will probably call again next week and see if a phone rep can shed any light on this.

Did you get your payment deposited to your account? If not, what does the get my payment now say?

I ask, because that is exactly what happened to me today. Check was to be mailed on May 1st. Called the IRS for a replacement on July 6th and told me the same thing as your agent said, but today when I went to the get my payment, the blue button also appeared for me to enter my bank details. It was successful, but it only said my payment would go to that account but did not give me a date. Thanks for answer in advance.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:48 PM, Why Me said:

I just got my check here at my Thai address. It was a May 15 send according to Get my Payment.

What are people doing with their checks here? Sending it back to my credit union in the US doesn't sound like a good option. I have acs. with BB and Kasikorn. Deposit there? Will they take a US check? Big hit on the rate? Thanks for advice.

still waiting for a check with a may 15 mailing date.

i did receive a letter on july 02 informing me i'd be getting a check at this address (in china) either as a check or debit card.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, andy said:

And the saga continues...

Decided to check Get My Payment again this afternoon, with the new address I gave when I called in to get my check reissued a month ago.  Got the same "info does not match what we have on file" error.  Oh well, not a surprise.  Then, just to see if the error message would be different, I decided to put my old 2018 butchered address from the IRS into Get My Payment.

And what did I see when I clicked "Submit"?  ????A blue "Enter Bank Account Info" button ????.  Entered all the required info, clicked submit, half expecting it to return an error.  Nope, I got "Your payment will be deposited into account xxx".

Now will it actually be deposited, since the IRS rep on the phone said the reissued check would have to be mailed and a direct deposit wasn't possible anymore?  I don't know, but I figured I may as well get my banking info into the system and sort it out later.  If there is a 2nd stimulus I should in theory be good to go for that one at least.  Will probably call again next week and see if a phone rep can shed any light on this.

methinks you'll be getting a check (or debit card).  i'd read the portal was still accepting direct deposit info, but that use of that newly-added information was cut off in mid-may.

i entered my info on may 08.  it was accepted, and i got the message i'd be getting a direct deposit.  a few days later get my payment was updated to say a check would be mailed on may 15.

Edited by ChouDoufu

Non-filer Social Security with direct deposit to US credit union. Still no payment but guess they still haven't gotten to my category.  My guess is there about 2 million expats on SS so those of us who haven't filed in the last two years are at the end of the line.  Not going to worry about it in any case.

1 hour ago, jimgilly said:

Non-filer Social Security with direct deposit to US credit union. Still no payment but guess they still haven't gotten to my category.  My guess is there about 2 million expats on SS so those of us who haven't filed in the last two years are at the end of the line.  Not going to worry about it in any case.

Same you for me no payment until I used the non filers site to get it sooner. Did it on June 11th and got my payment on July 1st.

This a recent post I did with a link to my first post about it.

I received my check in the mail this week. It was mailed on May 15, so it took a bit over 2 months to arrive in Phuket. First I got the silly letter from the White House telling me about the stimulus and 5 days later I received the actual check.

I deposited it electronically into my US account by taking a photo of it using the bank app on my phone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, andy said:

No payment yet, getting the same message as you.  Get My Payment just says "your payment will be deposited into account xxx" but there is no date.  I will give it to the end of the month and then call again.  No check or notice of payment letter has been received at the US address I gave for the replacement.

Just filed 2019 return last week, snail mail to Austin, with a new foreign address.  Hoping that doesn't delay things even further!

I just checked the get my payment again and it changed to say you are eligible for the payment and we will update this page once we schedule your payment date. Did this happen to you as well?

By the way, the return you mailed to Austin will not be processed for many months as the IRS said they are many months behind in processing paper returns, so I don't think that will be an issue, but it is the IRS.

16 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I received my check in the mail this week. It was mailed on May 15, so it took a bit over 2 months to arrive in Phuket. First I got the silly letter from the White House telling me about the stimulus and 5 days later I received the actual check.

I deposited it electronically into my US account by taking a photo of it using the bank app on my phone. 

That's encouraging. 

I just got the silly letter today.

Yes it's a very silly letter and poorly written as well. 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's encouraging. 

I just got the silly letter today.

Yes it's a very silly letter and poorly written as well. 

Trump bucks are good, but I wouldn't describe the letter as poorly written or silly. If so you could alway return the $$ as a matter of principle. I gladly cashed mine and gave it to someone more in need. 

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Luckily I got mine via direct deposit and didn't have to receive a silly Trump letter. 

The Trump letter is mailed-out within 15 days whether you are paid via direct deposit, check or debit card.   I was paid via direct deposit and got the letter about two weeks after payment.  This mailing is required by the CARES Act that authorized the stimulus payment.  If you didn't get the letter it's simply because it's still trying to find you in the mail system.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, andy said:

Update...I got it????

Original mailing date of May 1.  Check returned back to IRS early June.  Called IRS, gave them a new address, and got check reissued in mid-June.  Get My Payment magically starts working in early July and I'm able to enter US bank account info.  Waited for awhile, never got a payment date posted to Get My Payment, and then Get My Payment stopped working for me about a week later.

This morning logged into online banking and saw the $1200 had just hit my account.

Hope I'm sorted for stimulus round 2 since my account info is in the system now.

Nice to hear. So happy for you. I hope the same thing happens to me very soon. I don't want to have the stress of waiting for another check to come and who knows how long it would take to get if at all. I'll let you know when I get my good news.

If Get My Payment shows a 22 May check mailing status recommend you checkout the new Q&A which was added 22 July.  It talks a system error resulting in checks not really being issued in certain situations and how the IRS will be remailing checks if you live in certain states....but if not living in one of the states listed it appears you'll need to start the lost payment process.   See the Q&A for details.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#collapseCollapsible1595450128602

image.png.797f845ef60e61f57c9dfac0dc2f3a2c.png

For those of you who haven't gotten your check yet - its coming.  I got the notice letter saying I should get a check first around July 10 and then the actual check came a week later.  I deposited it using my USbank mobile deposit feature by taking a picture of the front and back of the check.  

It's funny how I started this posting, and I was rejected by the IRS by their mistake of thinking I had somehow claimed myself as a dependent. I didn't. It was a computer error that shouldn't have happened. Now I have to file again next year, somehow claiming the stimulus for my daughter and I as a credit.

I got the trump letter about 3-4 weeks ago but no check.  Yesterday I faxed the missing payments form to the austin office.  Already now my status has changed from check sent May 1st to asking me for banking info.  I have a local bangkok bank acct so is it enough for me to just provide the bankok bank ny routing number and my thai name account bank number?  That is basically what they are asking for.

51 minutes ago, 20yearsinthai said:

I got the trump letter about 3-4 weeks ago but no check.  Yesterday I faxed the missing payments form to the austin office.  Already now my status has changed from check sent May 1st to asking me for banking info.  I have a local bangkok bank acct so is it enough for me to just provide the bankok bank ny routing number and my thai name account bank number?  That is basically what they are asking for.

Yes, using the Bangkok Bank NY routing number and your local Bangkok Bank acct number will work.  And do not be concerned about Bangkok Bank rejecting the IRS payment which will not be in ACH IAT format as Bangkok Bank is still allowing non-IAT payments from the US govt to pass thru.

• Like 1

Trying to enter bank info for stimulus direct deposit---the form sucks and wont accept the numbers i enter for adjusted gross income or refund amount--not sure which of those is wrong--for refund I dont qualify for any refund but just entered 1200 and also tried 0--neither worked.  for adjusted gross income I tried  the 2019 amount and it said my return might not have been processed so try 2018 amount.  my 2018 amount is  negative 3000--it did not accept that either--anyone know how this should work?

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

Sounds like you tried the various suggested combinations per the IRS website.  When entering the negative 3000 you did use a minus sign instead of the word negative, right?  That is you entered -3000.   You probably did....just want to make sure.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

image.png.c6c339a305b94c4d4b5848771a920b62.png

Yeah I used the negative  -   sign...My 2019 was e-filed at end of april--maybe not processed yet.  but neither year works  the one combination i diod not try was 2019 agi and 0 refund--now im locked out so will try that as soon as not locked out

Edited by 20yearsinthai
On 6/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, racyrick said:

Thanks for the encouragement. Curious, what was the date on your check? Thanks

Mine was to be mailed on May 1st and still waiting while many others have reported already getting theirs.

Hello--Did u ever get your check?  Mine also said sent on May 1st--and I got the trump letter in late june but still no check

• Thanks 1
On 7/26/2020 at 5:56 PM, 20yearsinthai said:

Hello--Did u ever get your check?  Mine also said sent on May 1st--and I got the trump letter in late june but still no check

Mine was also sent May 1. No check or letter. I shall wait tell Aug 14 then call em again. As the saying goes.. check is the mail and won't c-u-m in your mouth.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

May 8 "sent" from getmypayment, no letter, no check.

Well im not alone.  One thing that caught my attention was the way the address was formatted on the trump letter i got.  The zipcode was on the second line of the address and the city name was truncated from Chiang mai to chai.  The system is a mess. 

On 7/26/2020 at 5:56 PM, 20yearsinthai said:

I never did get my check and on July 6th, I called to get a replacement check.

The get my payment site changed to get my bank details which I did and hope I get the payment by direct deposit instead of waiting for a check.

11 minutes ago, racyrick said:

I never did get my check and on July 6th, I called to get a replacement check.

The get my payment site changed to get my bank details which I did and hope I get the payment by direct deposit instead of waiting for a check.

I cant get my bank details in--it wont accept the numbers i have inputted..have tried almost all combinations