Man 20, surrenders to police with one ya bah pill so he can get food in prison

rooster59

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Sad story indeed. I need to say here in kanchanaburi, nongya the local orbator office sent out people (secretary) to make sure people had food (specifically the poor). They only went to family and friends of the secretary! So disgracefull. None of the poor people got any food from what i saw. These people need to be taken care of because they are taking all the government handouts for themselves. Skimming off projects, projects given to family and friends, land given ilegally and sold to friends and family, old people pensions skimmed and less given and these idiots kids end up in the same job position doing the same thing. The way i see it, is if there were no local governments the people would be doing better and these scumbags would be suffering.

I used to look after an elderly crippled women and her grandchild after the husband died but clearly people didnt like it and we were bullied away becaus eit was too close to the illegal operations taking place by these idiots. She was forced to leave by local government people and friends of because they were scarred we were going to take the mayor to court and she would be witness and we were most definately going to do so and probably still will. This is what Thailand truly is people!!

A certain "church" has/had been doing this for years in Lucknow, India. At least they were when I lived there. Receiving THOUSANDS of donations of food, clothing ( and money ) household goods, etc. they outfitted family first, then friends...and sold whatever they could of what was left.

It's really very sad that he had to do this for food. He didnt steal food but just go down this road to get it. 

I dont suppose the food in jail would be up to much either....sad..

6 hours ago, UPDEHSOI said:

A certain "church" has/had been doing this for years in Lucknow, India. At least they were when I lived there. Receiving THOUSANDS of donations of food, clothing ( and money ) household goods, etc. they outfitted family first, then friends...and sold whatever they could of what was left.

Nearly all charities do that . Pay themselves and then give what’s left over to the place it was supposed to of gone . Which is why I never give cash to charity but I do donate my time . 

17 hours ago, tropo said:

Yes, and in a starved state he had only one thing on his mind - food. There were no thoughts of anything else, such as consequences etc.

In a starved state he would have been extremely low on energy and his brain function severely compromised. The police officers did not want to take him into custody, but did it to save him from doing harm ie. suicide.

I'll doubt a court will convict him of a drug offense. It's more likely they will facilitate a reunion with his family.

Quite away to his home town Pattalung 

It now seems lots of people are donating food I saw on FB some young girls cooking everything they have and setup tables on the road side giving it away at the road 

One of my relatives gave away 12 tons of rice to different villages in Nakorn Ratchasima 

• Like 2

On April 11, 2020 at 10:11 PM, chrisandsu said:

For sure . I have friends that only stay out of prison a few months before life gets on top of them and they want a simpler life of 3 meals a day and a bed . It’s sad!

Sorry to hear you hang out with such people. Friends? 

Perhaps find some respectable friends. Just a thought.

24 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Sorry to hear you hang out with such people. Friends? 

Perhaps find some respectable friends. Just a thought.

Being bought up in a very working class environment you tend to make friends from all walks of life including drug addicts , alcoholics , thieves what you have to remember is no one started out that way ! Anyway  I could also say the same about your choice of tv ? ????

Edited by chrisandsu

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

They certainly do in my poor rural village...

I can only speak of the 5 villages in my local area of course.

Well, that restored my faith in Thailand Buddhism a little bit. In 12 years in Pattaya I've only seen the opposite - so different from my experience of Buddhism in Nepal and Bhutan; but that's the difference between Mahayana and Hinayana.