Another fall in new COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

Just now, chrisinth said:

If Thailand increased the number of tests, for sure the numbers would be different.

However, the test numbers may identify persons who are affected with the virus but they shouldn't alter the number of people dying.

IMO the fatality count is the one that matters and Thailand appears to be doing a great job controlling these figures. And before anyone starts about hiding/disguising figures to other illnesses, check the death numbers for the last 5 years between December and April and see where the spikes are, if any.

This virus may have life long effects on the body's organs. Obviously to early to know but what is known is that if you go serious/critical multiple organs are affected. You do not want this to happen.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Well done Thailand. I'm really happy to be here right now, because i could not imagine how bad it would be living back in the UK at this minute. . And thank you to the majority of Thai citizens who make the effort to wear masks and keep themselves clean. 

Khob khun Mak khrap, Kon Thai jai Dee Mak Loii ????‍♂️ 

Have you heard that the size of the virus is 1 billionth of a meter? Do you have enough imagination to understand how 'helpful' those masks are? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kaopad999 said:

Ever heard of the saying  "haters always gonna hate" 

I myself always wear the mask. I consider it a social norm at the moment. Also, kind of placebo, maybe. But there is no way I will believe those basic masks do really prevent the spread of the virus. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Yep, can't imagine how dumb those doctors and epidemiologists are calling for masks.

Those doctors and epidemiologists are indeed dumb. Otherwise, we would not have all these problems.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zikomat said:

Those doctors are epidemiologists are indeed dumb. Otherwise, we would not have all these problems.

Yep, next time I get ill I am going to cuss the doctor out for letting it happen.

You are a very stupid person Zik.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Yep, next time I get ill I am going to cuss the doctor out for letting it happen.

You are a very stupid person Zik.

The global medical system has failed a big way with this epidemics. All those greedy for money  and regalia doctors and so called scientists turned out to be totally useless in the face of a real threat. Primitive masks and the oxygen pumping machines - all we have to hope on in the 21 first century.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Did they run out of tests? Sadly they don't tell use how many people were tested.

Maybe 2 days ago they made 1000 tests, 100 tested positive. Yesterday they made 500 tests, 50 tested positive. Then there will be a news saying "corona cases 50% down"

Maybe they ordered the test kits from that British company that supplied the army with those excellent hand held explosives detectors than facilitated the arrests of so many Muslims in the South.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rupert the bear said:

i see many duly doubting govs nos,understandable given their behaviour over so many yrs.BUt.....we all know how difficult it is to keep a secret and we have socail media everywhere,this would indicate deaths are a different proposition.when ones closest passes away and social media is available the secret will get out.this gives me a fair amount of faith that these  death figs are reasonably accurate,also i dont see hospitals full of cases and i can see a very large private hospital from my balcony.be positive people theres so much negatoivity out there,look at the tv  aggghhh,end of the world 24 7 shut up please

Your very much underestimating what can happen with career public servants.  Say your at your desk and you see someone you don't know walk into your bosses office,  5 minutes later you Sitting in front of your boss and not introduced to Mr X.  Your boss is telling you what to do on a certain matter.  Mr X is listening to the conversation.  No paperwork is produced and your told to go back to work.  If you have an IQ higher than a gnat you realise something's up and you need to deal with it as quickly as you can and get it off your hands. Maybe you will think about the 25 years in the service with a genourous salary you now command, how your nice pension awaits in a few years.  Then you get on with it and tell no-one......

Edited by Grumpy John
Smelling

57 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

And before anyone starts about hiding/disguising figures to other illnesses, check the death numbers for the last 5 years between December and April and see where the spikes are, if any.

Excellent, mind giving the source for those stats? You know, given that it's MoPH who has the numbers and they have not released them to the general public.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I was under the impression the BP follows the official line most of the time...

You're not allowed to link that one, I'm afraid. 

Still, good to see Bangkok Post is stating the obvious: the real numbers of infected are far higher. 

The guy who was talking officially about the testing regimen a few days ago admitted that they're testing limited numbers with a targeted programme and could me missing a spread in the general population. Evidence from Italy, the UK and US shows that the virus can spread through the population for four weeks before the number of new cases starts to go through the roof. Let's hope if they start relaxing things by May 1st that it will have been enough time to ensure that there's not a major crisis brewing around the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Guderian said:

The guy who was talking officially about the testing regimen a few days ago admitted that they're testing limited numbers with a targeted programme and could me missing a spread in the general population. 

I missed that one, care to point me in the general direction (pun intended)?

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I kinda hate to say this, but Prayut and Co seem to have done a pretty good job here with coronavirus.

I think they get credit for following expert medical advice. After all Thailand has a pretty good healthcare system and some smart doctors.

And at least from where I stay in Bkk I see people being pretty scrupulous about masking, social distancing and generally observing the lockdown. And no panic buying and stupid stuff a la the US. So citizens and we expats get credit too.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Have you heard that the size of the virus is 1 billionth of a meter? Do you have enough imagination to understand how 'helpful' those masks are? 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/5001289/

Aerosolized micro droplets. N95 masks will work. OThers, not really. Might decrease the viral load that'll be inhaled.

1 hour ago, rupert the bear said:

i see many duly doubting govs nos,understandable given their behaviour over so many yrs.BUt.....we all know how difficult it is to keep a secret and we have socail media everywhere,this would indicate deaths are a different proposition.when ones closest passes away and social media is available the secret will get out.this gives me a fair amount of faith that these  death figs are reasonably accurate,also i dont see hospitals full of cases and i can see a very large private hospital from my balcony.be positive people theres so much negatoivity out there,look at the tv  aggghhh,end of the world 24 7 shut up please

You must not understand thais that well if you think they would be telling the world that a family member has/d covid